• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions that evolutionists and billions of years proponents cannot answer but disprove their theories.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
He upset the Romans.

I assume he grew, but that really doesn't involve the ToE.

I took a seminar on de Chardin decades ago but don't recall that ever being mentioned.
Thanks I guess I don't need to read his book. Isn't sexual union part of evolution? So it wasn't the Sanhedrin that accused Jesus of being a blasphemer and brought the matter to Pilate? Or do you think maybe that was a myth too?

YoursTrue

He upset the Romans.

I took a seminar on de Chardin decades ago but don't recall that ever being mentioned.
If I remember correctly Pilate wanted to release Jesus. Remember? But what happened?

YoursTrue

He upset the Romans.

Wonder why. Since humans supposedly came about from interbreeding eventually stemming from fishes and prior etc.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It may prove (be enough evidence, shall I say) for you, but it in no way confirms to me that means dolphins evolved from four legged land rovers. Regardless of ear similarities, again, to me that is not confirmation that dolphins and whales evolved from land rovers. Aside from what I consider as flabbergasting considering the pictures, I really do believe what the Bible says about creation.
It's fine with me if it's fine with you that you've chosen creationism, but it pretty much guarantees that you will be forced to reject all correct science that contradicts those beliefs, rendering those opinions relatively valueless to a critical thinking and scientifically literate community. You hold them not because they are reasonable, but because you choose to. Reason tells us that cetaceans had terrestrial ancestors. They have lungs, which would not be selected for in an aquatic environment. They don't work under water, which is why these animals need to come up for air. That's also why terrestrial animals don't have gills. They'd have to keep sticking their heads in water to breathe.

Also, these animals are (placental) mammals. All other mammals are terrestrial and also have lungs. The path has been from gilled, aquatic forms without placentas through amphibians to reptiles with lungs but no placentas to mammals with both lungs and placentas, a few which have evolved further and returned to the oceans.

The pinnipeds (seals, et al.) have done something similar. And some of the reptiles and birds have adapted to aquatic environments (they also have lungs, but not placentas).

These ideas are not for you. You don't want them, and you will never hold them as long as you choose creationism over science. Once again, that's fine with me, but your opinions on the science have no persuasive power. You're wrong, and you don't mind that, because your faith is more important to you than holding correct ideas.
I don't think you're wasting your time.
You might be enjoying yourself, but you don't appear to be learning anything. If his purpose is to teach you using evidenced argument, he is indeed wasting his time. That's not how you decide what's true except in the areas of your life unrelated to your faith, where you likely do use evidence to decide what's true, like looking at the online menu of a restaurant you were considering patronizing and deciding that you do or don't want to pay those prices, or looking at a traffic light and deciding whether to proceed or stop. In those situations, evidence and reason inform your beliefs and choices, and failure to think critically can cost you, but not in the creationism-vs-science part of your life, where, fortunately, not recognizing that you are incorrect won't cause you pay a price greater than not realizing that dolphins are what they are or that the theory of evolution is correct.
Why do you object [to the word evolutionist]?
I've only ever seen that word used by creationists and recognize when I see it that their opinions will be like yours. The word has no utility with the critical thinker, no more than gravitationist does, which we would no doubt be reading if gravity science contradicted creationists beliefs. I can't imagine that even a tenth of a percent of scientifically literate people ever use either of those words to describe their beliefs.

Likewise with the word macroevolution, which is also in the dictionary. I had never seen the word before coming to religious message boards, and have never seen it used anywhere else since, although I suspect that some noncreationist biologists use the word, but when one sees that word, in my experience, it's always coming from a creationist.

Do you know the word shibboleth? It's "a custom, principle, or belief distinguishing a particular class or group of people, especially a long-standing one regarded as outmoded or no longer important." These words are shibboleths.
But they [the Sanhedrin] did accuse him of blasphemy.
Is Jesus the only character in history to have been convicted of unrelated capital crimes by two legal systems, neither crime being violent? His words and deeds were called blasphemy by the Jews for "violating the Sabbath law (by healing on the Sabbath); threatening to destroy the Jewish Temple; practicing sorcery, exorcising people by the power of demons; and claiming to be the Messiah," but sedition by the Romans for challenging Roman authority when he called himself the king of the Jews. Both were willing to execute him for it, even though only one had the power. He didn't deserve to die for either of those things by humanist standards, where blasphemy isn't a thing, and sedition or treason require actual or attempted harm be done.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

The people who matter and who know what they are talking about say they did

It is not a matter of opinion there are right and wrong answers
They didn't see it and maybe you think you can show evidence biologically of the different consequential transformations the scientists you say know offer up with genetic biological changes.

YoursTrue

Of course.
Very good. The Jewish Sanhedrin accused him of blasphemy. And managed to get him to appear in front of Pilate for the death blow. Pilate as you know, wanted to let him go. But ..he didn't.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Very good. The Jewish Sanhedrin accused him of blasphemy. And managed to get him to appear in front of Pilate for the death blow. Pilate as you know, wanted to let him go. But ..he didn't.
There are some problems with the Barabbas narrative according to the Roman historians, plus the other accounts of Pilate don't match the scriptures. However, since nothing can be proved one way or the other, I'll pass on this.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What makes you think that you can trust the Bible for getting the details right? Pilate may have been totally for the crucifixion of Jesus. The accounts in the Bible make him look as if he were a rather indecisive leader and that seems to be unlikely for a Roman of that time.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The two thieves nailed up alongside of Jesus is problematic too. Crucifixion was reserved for state crimes. Thievery would not qualify.
Under Pilate, I'm not sure which state crimes would get the death penalty, but what the Roman historians tell us is that Pilate was recalled to Rome for being overly brutal.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Under Pilate, I'm not sure which state crimes would get the death penalty, but what the Roman historians tell us is that Pilate was recalled to Rome for being overly brutal.
That sort of contradicts the Christian version of Pilate. But I have heard that too.

YoursTrue

There are some problems with the Barabbas narrative according to the Roman historians, plus the other accounts of Pilate don't match the scriptures. However, since nothing can be proved one way or the other, I'll pass on this.
I am quite sure that not all secular narratives are accurate.

YoursTrue

From the Biblical account, Pilate gave in to the crowd, yelling for Jesus' execution. There are some interesting aspects to this, though. I'd have to read more about it in the Bible again.

YoursTrue

The people who matter and who know what they are talking about say they did

It is not a matter of opinion there are right and wrong answers
It is a matter of fact, not opinion, that some medicines that scientists make up have a deleterious effect on a patient, and these are prescribed by doctors who may even know about the possible dangerous results of taking the medicine.
If I thought that scientists really knew the biologic transformations from one organism to another in detail, I'd say OK, evolution is certainly factual. But -- there is no detailed biological record in any case of one type of organism such as a fish or two transforming to land flopping fish moving on to air breathing land dwellers. It is all conjecture and supposition.