• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to Christians/Jews/Baha'i (ONLY)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If I say, as believers the only Sword we as believers should use is the wisdom of our speech.

What would be your reply and thoughts about this?
That is in accord with my beliefs and it reminded me of what Baha'u'llah wrote:

"He that wisheth to promote the Cause of the one true God, let him promote it through his pen and tongue, rather than have recourse to sword or violence. " Gleanings, pp. 329-330

PureX

Veteran Member
If I say, as believers the only Sword we as believers should use is the wisdom of our speech.

It's a very short 'sword'. Barely even qualified to be called a key-chain pen knife. :)

43673482ab8a4dbd05cfda7052967c4e.jpg

Brian2

Veteran Member

There is an interesting quote in one of Paul's letters.
Ephesians 6:13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

This is probably not what you are referring to however. I guess you are meaning that we should not use violence. I would say that violence may be necessary as defence at times.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There is an interesting quote in one of Paul's letters.
Ephesians 6:13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

This is probably not what you are referring to however. I guess you are meaning that we should not use violence. I would say that violence may be necessary as defence at times.
Technically what you say is how I think, but the amour in my understanding is wisdom:) not weapons and shield.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

It has been interpreted by our Writings that the sword in the mouth in Revelations in the Bible is the Manifestation dividing the true from the false through His words. The first command of Baha'u'llah on the day He declared Himself was that it is better to be killed than to kill. @Trailblazer had a good answer to this, too.