• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question mostly to Atheists (not a mocking)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Religions have historically persecuted the non-religious, to the point of murdering them and/or torturing them for their audacity to speak out against them.

Then again,.. Mao and Stalin had their share in the name of atheism. I think in quantity, maybe more?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That is not the teachigs fault, that is a human error where the religious person has not understood that killing of harming Gay people are of course wrong and a huge sin
It's the fault of any person who perpetuates the harmful doctrines.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have noticed that many (not all) Atheists mocking or harras the believers of any religion/ spiritual path.
But also some of the Atheists are well versed in the religious text. So my question is.

Why do you "as an Atheist", take your time to read especially the bible, then when you know a little, you go about making sick critique and wrong claims about the religion you do not believe in? Do you find it fun to mock those who believe what you do not believe in? What is your purpose to try to drag down the religions?

Given that atheists have been on the recieving end of religious hatred for thousands of years do you not understand why some may be little peeved at the treatment they have received and still receive? I

I can recount several personal stories of abusive, even violent treatment at the hands of *good* christians.

Here is one particular reason for me studying the bible. As a child, a christian and dyslexic i was mocked, ridiculed and verbally abused by *good* christians because i could not read gods word. I left the church because of this.

Soon after i was diagnosed and corrective measures prescribed. Letters came in to focus, words became meaningful. Despite being unable to read i had actually learned some schooling and was able understand written work. Soon i was reading voraciously. One of the first books i read was the KJV bible. I read it cover to cover for very good reason, looking for reasons why *good* christians would treat a visually disabled child so badly that she had to abandon the church she loved. It's all there in the OT, i understood and loathed what the bible can teach and i still loath people that treat difference with hatred.

Yes, usually an atheist will know more about the bible than a christian, that's my reason, other atheists will have their own reason.

Skwim

Veteran Member
For those who follow the Christian teaching the situation is like this
God said he created man and woman so they could procreate and populate the earth, but two men or two women can not procreate
Chapter and verse please saying the reason god created man and woman was so they could procreate and populate the earth,

It is not a direct sin to be homosexual, it is the act of it that i seen a sin, specially in Christianity.
Yup.

To follow Gods teaching one can not then act out the homosexual act
Boy, all I've seen are dictates. I'm looking for a reason for them. As I previously asked,

"what is god's stated reason for considering homosexual sex a detestable act and an abomination?

ecco

Veteran Member
I have noticed that many (not all) Atheists mocking or harras the believers of any religion/ spiritual path.
But also some of the Atheists are well versed in the religious text. So my question is.

Why do you "as an Atheist", take your time to read especially the bible, then when you know a little, you go about making sick critique and wrong claims about the religion you do not believe in? Do you find it fun to mock those who believe what you do not believe in? What is your purpose to try to drag down the religions?
I have noticed that many (not all) Creationists mocking or harras atheists regarding Evolution.

But none of those Creationists are well versed in the facts of Evolution. So my question is.

Why do they "as Creationists", take their time to read especially AIG misinformation, then when they know a little, they go about making sick critique and wrong claims about the Evolution they do not believe in? Do they find it fun to mock those who believe what they do not believe in? What is their purpose to try to drag down ToE?

ecco

Veteran Member
I the last few days there have been new members who have gone so far, and been so rude that one can wonder if they hold any respect to other human beings

But you haven't noticed that members, new and old, are often rude. Or maybe you have noticed, but it doesn't fit your narrative to mention it.

I guess some people do not consider hypocrisy as a sign of rudeness.

ecco

Veteran Member
But when an atheists call a God or Buddha for evil,

You don't have that quite right. Atheists do not believe in God(s). Therefore, we cannot consider God(s) to be good or evil. However, we sometimes remind believers that the scripture that they believe in shows the God(s) they believe in doing very evil things.

... or wanting to change the teaching because it does not suit them,

Who is doing what?!? People who are believers interpret scripture as they see fit (I can't talk about Buddhists. Just Christians). There are over a thousand different denominations of Christianity. They exist because people disagree with the religious practices of other denominations and because they interpret scripture as it suits them.

But when some atheists speak evil about why God or Buddha said or did as they do, the it become silly, We humans can not judge a God because we are not near their understanding of the truth

Again, try to understand this, we do not judge God(s). We point out to believers that their view of their God(s) make their God(s) look bad.

ecco

Veteran Member
A God or Buddha has a clear reason to why something like Homosexuality is looked at as a sin or morally negative action

A God or Buddha is the creation of man's imaginings. Stories (scripture) about A God or Buddha are written by mortal men with agendas. Men have been homophobic since the beginning of time. Men have no valid reasons for this except that religions have taught them to be homophobic.

Men have owned slaves since the beginning of time. The Bible, written by mortal men with agendas, has approved of this.

But many Atheists get angry, But what they do not think of is the Christian God made those rules for Christian people, not for the atheists.
So, when the good Christians (or Muslims) kill homosexuals because their scripture approves, that's acceptable to you, even if the homosexuals are not of the same religion. So, when the good Christians (or Muslims) engage in the slave trade because their scripture approves, that's acceptable to you, even if the slaves are not of the same religion.

Did Buddha approve of killing homosexuals and owning slaves?

ETA: Are you beginning to understand why atheists sometimes "mocking or harras the believers"?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have noticed that many (not all) Creationists mocking or harras atheists regarding Evolution.

But none of those Creationists are well versed in the facts of Evolution. So my question is.

Why do they "as Creationists", take their time to read especially AIG misinformation, then when they know a little, they go about making sick critique and wrong claims about the Evolution they do not believe in? Do they find it fun to mock those who believe what they do not believe in? What is their purpose to try to drag down ToE?
I am not a creationist so i can not answer for them

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
A God or Buddha is the creation of man's imaginings. Stories (scripture) about A God or Buddha are written by mortal men with agendas. Men have been homophobic since the beginning of time. Men have no valid reasons for this except that religions have taught them to be homophobic.

Men have owned slaves since the beginning of time. The Bible, written by mortal men with agendas, has approved of this.

So, when the good Christians (or Muslims) kill homosexuals because their scripture approves, that's acceptable to you, even if the homosexuals are not of the same religion. So, when the good Christians (or Muslims) engage in the slave trade because their scripture approves, that's acceptable to you, even if the slaves are not of the same religion.

If you read what i say.. nobody should kill homosexual people, or other people for that matter because that is as much sin as doing the act of gay sex (in the eyes of a God)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But you haven't noticed that members, new and old, are often rude. Or maybe you have noticed, but it doesn't fit your narrative to mention it.

I guess some people do not consider hypocrisy as a sign of rudeness.
I noticed more people get rude yes

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

ETA: Are you beginning to understand why atheists sometimes "mocking or harras the believers"?
Buddha did not speak much about homosexuality he spoke of sexual misconduct. and his followers was not to hold slaves.

ecco

Veteran Member
If you read what i say.. nobody should kill homosexual people, or other people for that matter because that is as much sin as doing the act of gay sex (in the eyes of a God)
In the grand scheme of things, nobody cares what you say. People who read scripture and see that homosexuals should be killed are not going to send you a tweet asking your opinion of the subject.

Audie

Veteran Member

I went to the kjv to learn about the bible.

Read it thru, twice.

That isva LOT more challenging than reading
enough about evolution to quit making the kind
of ridiculous statements that the clueless creo
always coughs up.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But you singled out atheists. Why?
Well my reason to ask the OP was because of someone in the forum( a newbie) Only criticise Christianity in every post he make and refused to listen to anything.
But as you maybe saw, i did say this OP was not meant to say bad about every Atheist