• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question Gods action

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So your position is an "understanding" but positions that are contrary to yours are "judgements". That seems more than a little hypocritical.
Why would i say others are judgmental?
I do not speak of other human beings, only how i understand Allah, and honestly if Allah judge my being, i am fully ok with it, if you or anybody else is not ok with A God may judge your words, action or thoughts, that is fully up to you, i dont judge you for it.

Treasure Hunter

I ser Allah the way the Quran explain, i dont have a need to create something Allah is not. :)
I try to speak from Gnosis - the frameless perspective. If you are only going to communicate within your frame, in this case Islam, then there can be no possibility of meaningful dialogue unfortunately.

ppp

Why would i say others are judgmental?
You certainly had something in mind when you asked readers to explain why they judge in your opening post. A judgement is nothing more than forming a conclusion or opinion. If I form the conclusion that Allah is good and wise then I I am making a judgmentn. If I formed the conclusion that Allah is evil and perverse then I'm making it judgment.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You certainly had something in mind when you asked readers to explain why they judge in your opening post. A judgement is nothing more than forming a conclusion or opinion. If I form the conclusion that Allah is good and wise then I I am making a judgmentn. If I formed the conclusion that Allah is evil and perverse then I'm making it judgment.
What ivhsd in mind was to understand why some people blame God when life get difficult. That was the only thing this OP meant, nothing more, nothing less

ppp

What ivhsd in mind was to understand why some people blame God when life get difficult. That was the only thing this OP meant, nothing more, nothing less
That is certainly not what you said. But you are, of course, free to change your mind.

The obvious answer is that if an omnipotent being created the universe, then he is necessarily responsible for everything; from the best good to the worst evil. Free will is utterly irrelevant. For such a being this is an absolute.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That is the same excuse from people who diddle their kids. That they have their own special understanding up "love". Congrats. You should go reach out to one of them for "moral" support.
Of course i have my own understanding, i can not have someone elses understanding.
Sufism is about unconditionally love to every living being and to God. It means Even we may disagree in understanding i have nothing against anyone.

ppp

Of course i have my own understanding, i can not have someone elses understanding.
I can understand why people we convinced the sun went around the earth, and why people are now convinced that the earth goes around the sun.. I can understand why people support the rights of sex works, and why people deplore them. I understand why some people prefer the road of hard truths, while others stick to the path of comforting lies. I can understand and vicariously feel the thrill of cross-stitching, even through I don't experience it directly.

I can cognitively and emotionally experience the points of view of others. To varying degrees, of course. Why can't you?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I can understand why people we convinced the sun went around the earth, and why people are now convinced that the earth goes around the sun.. I can understand why people support the rights of sex works, and why people deplore them. I understand why some people prefer the road of hard truths, while others stick to the path of comforting lies. I can understand and vicariously feel the thrill of cross-stitching, even through I don't experience it directly.

I can cognitively and emotionally experience the points of view of others. To varying degrees, of course. Why can't you?
I do understand others hold a different P.O.V then i do, that is no problem for me, but my answers get answered from how i see the world. I dont answer a question to please others, or change my understanding so it for what you want me to answer. I can only give answer from how my understanding of topic in discussion.

But of course i also know my answers can become better, my understanding is not the final understanding, it is s prosess of learning.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What do you mean by the word "love"? A definition, please. Not a speech.
Unconditional love, simply put, is love without strings attached. It's love you offer freely. You don't base it on what someone does for you in return. You simply love them and want nothing more than their happiness. This type of love, sometimes called compassionate or agape love

ppp

I do understand others hold a different P.O.V then i do, that is no problem for me, but my answers get answered from how i see the world.
I am not talking about understanding that other hold a different viewpoint. I am talking about understanding their view point. Looking at things as though you are they and experiences an approximation of their feelings. You say you cannot do that. And maybe you can't.

ppp

Unconditional love, simply put, is love without strings attached. It's love you offer freely. You don't base it on what someone does for you in return. You simply love them and want nothing more than their happiness. This type of love, sometimes called compassionate or agape love
I didn't ask you what unconditional love is. I asked you for a definition of love. Can you provide a definition of love without using the word 'love' in the definition?

As you used it in this context:
Sufism is about unconditionally love to every living being and to God.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I didn't ask you what unconditional love is. I asked you for a definition of love. Can you provide a definition of love without using the word 'love' in the definition?

As you used it in this context:
When i speak of Love, it is not the emotional love toward a GF it is the love that grow from within a person who are on a spiritual "journey" it is a love to the living world. Negative is eradicated from within the heart so all there is left is love for life as one experience in the moment.

I can not explain it differently

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am not talking about understanding that other hold a different viewpoint. I am talking about understanding their view point. Looking at things as though you are they and experiences an approximation of their feelings. You say you cannot do that. And maybe you can't.
Sorry, i can not speak for what other people feels, or how they experience life. But of course i can feel and see if someone is hurt.