• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question For Our Middle Eastern Friends

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm a huge fan of Ofra Haza, and I also adore what I THINK is traditional Arabic music, with the beautiful vocals and strong percussion.

Haza's Yerushalayim Shel Zahav is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

My problem is that when I try to find similar music, I end up getting artists who happen to be Middle Eastern performing Western-style music, maybe with a faint Arabic tinge in the harmonics. None of the wild, primal vocals, heavy and bland instrumentation... it's so disappointing.

So, based on what I've told you, can any of you recommend artists for me to look for?

cardero

Citizen Mod
I'm a huge fan of Ofra Haza, and I also adore what I THINK is traditional Arabic music, with the beautiful vocals and strong percussion.

Haza's Yerushalayim Shel Zahav is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

My problem is that when I try to find similar music, I end up getting artists who happen to be Middle Eastern performing Western-style music, maybe with a faint Arabic tinge in the harmonics. None of the wild, primal vocals, heavy and bland instrumentation... it's so disappointing.

So, based on what I've told you, can any of you recommend artists for me to look for?
I am also a big fan of Ofra Haza. I used to hear similiar sounds emanating out of the vehicles from patrons and I never hesitated to ask them what they were listening too. I compiled quite a list over the years working for the Thruway and if I can find my list, I'll post it for you.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I am also a big fan of Ofra Haza. I used to hear similiar sounds emanating out of the vehicles from patrons and I never hesitated to ask them what they were listening too. I compiled quite a list over the years working for the Thruway and if I can find my list, I'll post it for you.
Much appreciated! :hug:

Sahar

Ehm, anyway I only know Arabic music. I am not aware of Arabic songs that I would call traditional similar to the song in your first link.

Sahar

Getting closer....
Om Kolthoum is known as the "Star of the East". I think Om Kolthoum is the one you're looking for and the artists at her time.

225px-Umm_Kulthum4.jpg

Om Kolthoum

Listen to this: Om Kolthoum - Enta Omri (You are my life)
YouTube - إنت عمري 3
I like this song too much.