• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Jesus and lambs

Frank Goad

If you look at pictures of Jesus.It shows him holding lambs.Were in the bible does it mention Jesus and lambs together?:confused:

74x12

If you look at pictures of Jesus.It shows him holding lambs.Were in the bible does it mention Jesus and lambs together?:confused:
He calls Himself the good Shepherd and implies that He will leave the 99 to look for 1 lost sheep. (John 10:11-18, Matthew 18:12)

Such pictures are probably inspired by the idea that Jesus as the good Shepherd will go find the lost sheep.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Seems to me, Jesus addressing the ' little flock ' at Luke 12:32 could include both figurative sheep and lambs.
At John 10:16 Jesus speaks about having ' other sheep ' which are Not of the ' little flock '.
So, whether being one of Jesus ' little flock ' or one of Jesus 'other sheep', according to John 10:3 Jesus calls his sheep by name. I suppose that includes figurative lambs, along with the figurative sheep of Matthew 25:33,37.