• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Extreme Muslims

Just_me_Mike

Hi, I am not a Muslim, but would like a Muslim to answer.

Everyone knows there is an extreme side to all walks of life. Some people feel it is OK to be violent against other people.

In your opinion, is there a difference between extreme Muslims and extreme Christians? Do you feel they are both equally wrong in what they do?

Also, could one become an extreme Muslim just by reading the Holy books, or does it have to be taught?

By extreme I mean someone who is involved in suicide bombings or other acts of violence.

.lava

Veteran Member

Everyone knows there is an extreme side to all walks of life. Some people feel it is OK to be violent against other people.

i do not believe in beliefs to be radical or extreme. someone with fascist mind set, in case located among Muslims, becomes so-called radical Muslim; located among Christians, becomes so-called radical Christian. they are players of the same team regardless what 'belief' they use as their excuse. so, yes, fascism and bigotry lives all over the world and among every single society.

In your opinion, is there a difference between extreme Muslims and extreme Christians? Do you feel they are both equally wrong in what they do?

human being 'enemy' of other human, wanting misery of other human...etc is following satan. satan is teh first one to hate human and all the humans who hate other humans are followers of satan.

Also, could one become an extreme Muslim just by reading the Holy books, or does it have to be taught?

being poor and uneducated are main reasons imo and in case these two meets with certain conditions like, relatives being killing by this or that group then it is very likely for one to take revenge and kill himself with bunch of others. yet if he knew his own book Qur'an then he would know suicide is forbidden and also killin civilians is not acceptable, then he could not go that way. but people learn religion from people. people are already suffering and it feels like there is nothing to lose. so, imo they need to be taught.

By extreme I mean someone who is involved in suicide bombings or other acts of violence.

yep, got it.

Fatihah

Response: Yes, both extremism in christianity, islam, and any other religion is the same. The acts of violence may differ, but the extremity and their agenda is the same.

Surely, by simply reading the text of the qur'an or any religion does not make a person extreme. How do I know? Well, I'm sure you have read the qur'an or at least some of it. Are you extreme yet? Do you feel a sudden urge to blow yourself up or commit cruel acts of violence? Clearly, there are other life influences that drives a person to the extreme. When we add religion to it, it becomes more dangerous.

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
Yes..Much difference,by looking at the Quran and the Bible Murder in the Bible (Please don misunderstand me ,I'm just explaining why are they different ),we find that Islam doesn't teach its followers to do wrong doing extremist
Quran 5:32
If any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and ifany one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs,yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in theland.
Islam is derived from the word ‘salaam’ which means peace. It is a religion of peace whose fundamentals teach its followers to maintain and promote peace throughout the world.
Thus every Muslim should be a fundamentalist i.e. he should follow the fundamentals of the Religion of Peace: Islam. He should be a terrorist only towards the antisocial elements in order to promote peace and justice in the society.

An extremist Muslims isa peaceful and good human being,but you mean by extreme someone who is involved in suicide bombings or other acts of violence,the answer is of course not,as i explaind Holy Quran doesn't teach its followers as such.
But those who mislead others by teaching them evil are there.

iloveislam

Muslim

Thank you for you question

By your definition of extreme, then yes it is wrong to do such injustice.

If a Muslim truly and sincerly reads or studies the Qur'an and Hadith books then he will find that there is no violence in Islam.

To keep the answer short, I will just say that different situations require different approach. For example, if a thief invades your house and threatens to do something bad then you would also do something do defend yourself - like grab a knife, sword etc. In this case you are defending yourself (and your family) against an intruder, so it would not be violence on your part.

blm2007

No religion encourages the extremism. So extreme Muslim and extreme Christian is both the same. Both are working for the same purpose which is spreading violence and terror in their region. Extremism is against humanity.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quran
Hadith Collection

ayani

If a Muslim truly and sincerly reads or studies the Qur'an and Hadith books then he will find that there is no violence in Islam.

how so? meaning, that Islam never permits or encourages violent fighting or retaliation?

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
how so? meaning, that Islam never permits or encourages violent fighting or retaliation?
Yes..
Quran 5:32
If any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and ifany one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs,yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in theland.