• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about angels in the bible and their smarts

Frank Goad

If an angel would have an IQ.What do you think it would be?Does it ever talk about how smart God's angels are in the bible?Both the good ones and the evil ones?

David T

Premium Member
If an angel would have an IQ.What do you think it would be?Does it ever talk about how smart God's angels are in the bible?Both the good ones and the evil ones?
Well the documemtary bad omens indicates that no not all are that smart. But yes some are. It also shows many are pretty dogmatic the want the end times to happen. But others dont actually. They are rather fond of humans.

Now some of the angels are plotting to stop armegeddon. And there is debate as to whether the word written is gods plan or is gods actual plan an ineffible. Meaning unknown.

I lean towards the unknown.

Now there were christians that wanted to get the documentary removed. And they sent their petion into netflix. Unfortunately its on amazon.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Very high.

If any demons *seem* dull & unintelligent, it’s an act. They are dishonest and deceptive.

That’s why they don’t reveal themselves to just anyone...they are happy being anonymous.

There can be no more masterful enemy, than one who’s got you thinking he doesn’t exist!

I think (just speculative, mind you) that Jehovah will manifest the demons, for us humans to see, when He finally steps in to settle matters....in Jehovah’s Day.
(Do you remember 2 Kings 6 15-17? Awesome account.)

Wouldn’t that be a trip?!

Neutral Name

i would think that they don't actually have an IQ. They do as God asks or the fallen angels do as satan asks. They don't think for themselves. They just do as told.

Hawkins

It's demonstrated even in the first chapter of the Bible that angels can tempt humans but not vice versa.

Humans are made to be with relatively low intelligence, thus faith plays a more crucial role in their future living inside God's eternal realm. They need faith more because their intelligence can understand less.

Wandering Monk

Also wondering how many of them can dance on the head of a pin.

pirates-of-the-caribbean_640x480_41447300092.jpg

Audie

Veteran Member

I do not think they are very smart.
I was told by one devoiutee that the excess water
from noahs flood was was wafted to Neptune,
where is shines to this day as a warning beacon
against incoming rogue angels.

(I wonder if they fly like superman, fist first, or
if they float upright, with billowing white robes??
Do they flap wings?)*

But think how dumb them angels must be.
Rogue? Rebel against, God? Like that
is going to work.

And then, this whole thing about a warning
beacon They come sailing in from out past the
solar system where they cant even see the
planets, only to spot this darn Neptune up
ahead, and realize they must turn back.

dumb dumb dumb

*dark matter

Neutral Name

It's demonstrated even in the first chapter of the Bible that angels can tempt humans but not vice versa.

Humans are made to be with relatively low intelligence, thus faith plays a more crucial role in their future living inside God's eternal realm. They need faith more because their intelligence can understand less.

Absolutely not true. Angels can only do what they are told to do by God or satan depending who they work for. They have no intelligence. Humans can think and reason. They may reason wrongly but they do have the capability to do so.

Darkforbid

Absolutely not true. Angels can only do what they are told to do by God or satan depending who they work for. They have no intelligence. Humans can think and reason. They may reason wrongly but they do have the capability to do so.

He said angels not robots:

An angel is generally a supernatural being found in various religions and mythologies. Abrahamic religions often depict angels as benevolent celestial beings who act as intermediaries between God (or Heaven) and humanity. Other roles of angels include protecting and guiding human beings, and carrying out tasks on behalf of God.

Neutral Name

He said angels not robots:

An angel is generally a supernatural being found in various religions and mythologies. Abrahamic religions often depict angels as benevolent celestial beings who act as intermediaries between God (or Heaven) and humanity. Other roles of angels include protecting and guiding human beings, and carrying out tasks on behalf of God.

Demons are actually angels too. They are the ones which were cast from Heaven and work for satan. In most or all religions there are evil beings. For example, in Islam the Jinn. I don't remember for other religions but it is negative and positive, Yin and Yang, etc.

Darkforbid

Demons are actually angels too. They are the ones which were cast from Heaven and work for satan. In most or all religions there are evil beings. For example, in Islam the Jinn. I don't remember for other religions but it is negative and positive, Yin and Yang, etc.

This I know, but if the subject interests you The dictionary of Angels including fallen angels is a fantastic read,, lacking in detail but still brilliant