• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quality cigars - real prices or massive overhype?

nnmartin

I doubt I'll get many responses to this but there's always hope!

I like a good cigar from time to time but obviously the prices are a real issue.

(say $10-$30 per cigar) - I can't see how this price can reflect the cost of production and I'm sure it's just a case of the advertisers and producers trying to sell 'a lifestyle image"

anyone any idea on what the real costs should be or are cigars in fact just ludicrously expensive to produce?

I"m talking about Cuban and Central American cigars in places where they can be legally purchased.

thanks

Onkara

Hi
The price of goods is based on desire and image, imho. The tobacco may differ due to climate differences, however personally I prefer non-cuban flavours.

ScottySatan

The only difference I'm confident in is that a cheap cigar can be rolled to tight or too loose and smoke poorly. We should try a blind taste test. Have a friend get 2 cigars with a 10-fold price difference and take the label off. Same size, shape, colour, density.

Cigars from the Canaries are very good and very cheap. Try some of those.

nnmartin

the cheaper brands I've tried just don't get anywhere near the quality or a good Cuban but I'll have a look round and see if I can find one of those you mentioned.

I had a great cigar from Indonesia once (Tambo brand) but it was the same price as a Cuban anyway.

A

angellous_evangellous

I smoke hand-rolled aged cigars, 15-25 years. Costs about $12.

Worth every penny.

nnmartin

where are they from, what brand?

At my local cigar shop they had a promotion the other day - a Cuban roller came in with some fresh leaves and made a few cigars in the shop.

I had one, was still slightly damp but smoked it that evening - it was the best cigar I've ever had, absolutely amazing.

My current favourite is the Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill ( I smoke 1 per week on a friday evening)

Last edited: