• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putting god first!

Audie

Veteran Member
Have you never read the Bible? Why did you miss this:

'The king of Egypt told the Hebrew midwives, one of whom was called Shiphrah and the other Puah, “When you act as midwives for the Hebrew women, look on the birth stool - if it is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, she may live.” - Exodus chapter 1

Glad to help you out!
I did read it, but sure, that makes it all so much better!
Just kill the boys!

Spartan

I did read it, but sure, that makes it all so much better!
Just kill the boys!

Murder was in Pharaoh's heart is all you need to know.

But not only that, God's Judgments on Egypt were to show how impotent Egypt's so-called "gods" were, i.e.

Plague #1: Water into Blood

Egyptian god attacked: Hapi – The god of the Nile

Plague #2: Frogs

Egyptian god attacked: Heka (Heqt or Heket) – The god of fertility

Plague #3: Lice

Egyptian god(s) attacked: Geb /Horus – The god of the earth

Plague #4: Flies

Egyptian god attacked: Kheper (or Khepri)

Plague #5: Death of Livestock

Egyptian gods attacked: Apis: (Sacred Bull); Hathor: goddess of protection

Plague #6: Boils

Egyptian gods attacked: Imhotep (physician god); Thoth (Magic and healing); Isis, goddess of medicine

Plague #7: Hail

Egyptian god attacked: Nut – The sky goddess

Plague #8: Locusts

Egyptian god attacked: Seth – The god of crops

Plague #9: Darkness

Egyptian god attacked: Ra – The sun god, their primary god

Plague #10: First Born Killed

Egyptian gods attacked: Pharaoh (He was considered a god and his first born son would become a god after him); Bes – Protector of Children; Aten – Symbol of life.

Pharaoh's gods couldn't save Egypt from the plagues.

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

Audie

Veteran Member
Where do you get this nonsense from?

Now see, I know where you get your nonsense
(aka garbage), you read this old book and think
that by doing that, you know things.

As for me, not being in the cult, I am not so
afflicted.
That this flood never happened is so obvious,
so well known, so thoroughly and easily disproved,
that you might as well be one of those who think
Atlantis is coming up and will soon appear.

It is almost unbelievably childish and naive, but,
there it is. You actually do believe it.

And tell people that "god' committed this hideous
act.

I am pretty sure you understood what I said and why
I said it, that if you were to meet whatever god there
is, you may regret your calmuny.

Better though for you to say my comments are
"nonsense" than to risk a little self examination,
though, right? I mean, like what if you found there
was a crack in your shell of perfect knowledge?
The whole thing might shatter.
Better not risk it.

Audie

Veteran Member
Murder was in Pharaoh's heart is all you need to know.

But not only that, God's Judgments on Egypt were to show how impotent Egypt's so-called "gods" were, i.e.

Plague #1: Water into Blood

Egyptian god attacked: Hapi – The god of the Nile

Plague #2: Frogs

Egyptian god attacked: Heka (Heqt or Heket) – The god of fertility

Plague #3: Lice

Egyptian god(s) attacked: Geb /Horus – The god of the earth

Plague #4: Flies

Egyptian god attacked: Kheper (or Khepri)

Plague #5: Death of Livestock

Egyptian gods attacked: Apis: (Sacred Bull); Hathor: goddess of protection

Plague #6: Boils

Egyptian gods attacked: Imhotep (physician god); Thoth (Magic and healing); Isis, goddess of medicine

Plague #7: Hail

Egyptian god attacked: Nut – The sky goddess

Plague #8: Locusts

Egyptian god attacked: Seth – The god of crops

Plague #9: Darkness

Egyptian god attacked: Ra – The sun god, their primary god

Plague #10: First Born Killed

Egyptian gods attacked: Pharaoh (He was considered a god and his first born son would become a god after him); Bes – Protector of Children; Aten – Symbol of life.

Pharaoh's gods couldn't save Egypt from the plagues.

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

Oh right ....murder was in Pharoah's heart, so,
Divine Justice calls for sending an angel to kill
a lot of innocent children.

Any idea at all how psychotic that is?

Spartan

Now see, I know where you get your nonsense
(aka garbage), you read this old book and think
that by doing that, you know things.

As for me, not being in the cult, I am not so
afflicted.
That this flood never happened is so obvious,
so well known, so thoroughly and easily disproved,
that you might as well be one of those who think
Atlantis is coming up and will soon appear.

Oh my goodness - new age mysticism.

I hope you're not getting the Atlantis bit from Edgar Cayce. All that New Age channeling, etc., is Satanic. That's the reason you find it in the "Occult" section of book stores.

I went through all that and am glad I saw the light that that was of the occult.

Spartan

Oh right ....murder was in Pharoah's heart, so,
Divine Justice calls for sending an angel to kill
a lot of innocent children.

Any idea at all how psychotic that is?

It's always amusing how the liberal left - champions of murdering the innocent unborn - can complain against God's divine Justice.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There's no physical evidence for most figures of antiquity. If that's your standard then you'll have to rip entire sections out of your history books.

And evidence and faith are not mutually exclusive. You can have both.

There is plenty of physical evidence for notable figures in antiquity.
I have coins depicting roman emperors from around the same period.
Novels are not history books

You can? How?

Spartan

There is plenty of physical evidence for notable figures in antiquity.
I have coins depicting roman emperors from around the same period.
Novels are not history books

You can? How?

I was responding to the poster who said there's no physical evidence for Jesus. I responded, "There's no physical evidence for most figures of antiquity. If that's your standard then you'll have to rip entire sections out of your history books."

But if you say coins and statues, etc., are physical evidence for figures of antiquity, then I have that for Jesus also.

Jerusalem Burial Cave Reveals: Names, Testimonies of First Christians (in stone)

Jerusalem Burial Cave Reveals Names, Testimonies of First Christians

Evidence can bolster faith in Jesus.

ChristineM

Premium Member
* A): I do not pretend to know "God" or why "He" does things. Below I just give my opinion as seen from Advaita
* B): I would not tell an Atheist about Advaita ... but as you asked "enlighten us" I replied

"Those I can understand after doing some introspection" ... or better ... "(lots of) introspection and meditation":
Most humans identify with the body ... so I understand that those humans have a hard time seeing/understanding "God creating leukemia"
Advaita on the other hand teaches us "you are not the body, you are Atma (indestructible Consciousness)" ... from this concept "there is no killing" even. So the whole problem does not even arise (someone killing someone else). Another thing is that most people are brainwashed with BibleGod-picture only. If I would have to understand these things from this view, I would have problems too, so at age 10 I already dropped the whole BibleGod-picture as "won't work for me". I prefer Advaita and the concept of Consciousness to understand these things. Makes more sense to me.

I noted in your A) that it is opinion
I also note you state in your religion that the problem does not arise. That is explaining, it is side stepping

But if it works for you then fine for you

Audie

Veteran Member
Oh my goodness - new age mysticism.

I hope you're not getting the Atlantis bit from Edgar Cayce. All that New Age channeling, etc., is Satanic. That's the reason you find it in the "Occult" section of book stores.

I went through all that and am glad I saw the light that that was of the occult.

You sure do not know how to read for content. I dont
believe in "atlantis" any more than I do your "flood".

That you were once as easily duped by "occult" as
you now are by fundamentalism is noteworthy, tho.

Audie

Veteran Member
It's always amusing how the liberal left - champions of murdering the innocent unborn - can complain against God's divine Justice.

Not that it makes your psycho-god any better
that there are such people as you mention,
but I am not one of them.

Another poster thinks I am a right wing commie.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Who said God created childhood leukemia?
Who said that God is responsible for the diseases carried by mosquitoes? Or any other affliction for that matter?

The human immune system, if it functioned at its peak performance would not allow a single human to become ill from any external or internal cause. It is designed as a strong defense against any foreign organism entering or developing within the body.

We lost our physical perfection back in Eden with all that it meant for the optimal functioning of our minds and bodies. We continue to take in all that this world wants to offload on us so that they can make money. It is obvious that they have no regard or respect for human life.

Our food is contaminated and grown in nutrient and mineral deficient soil. Instead of natural fertilizers, we have tons of chemical fertilizers and pesticides contaminating our food. The processing makes sure that it has a long shelf life so that they can continue to make large profits...but the food is dead....processed till all the goodness is taken out of it.
We saturate our existence in synthetics of every sort when our bodies were designed for natural living foods and plant based fabrics.
The air we breathe is polluted with all manner of toxic substances that make us sick, and the water we drink is likewise polluted with chemicals that were never designed to enter the human body.

God didn't make us sick...humans did. And the system we live in continues to make sure that we never get well....they are making a fortune off our ill health.

You are putting the blame on the wrong person. The Creator is giving us all enough rope.....

You cant have it both ways, he either created the universe and by default, all it contains or he didnt create anything. Cherry picking only the good bits is rather disparaging to your religion.

It is said god created humans, so you say he deliberately made them faulty?

Your opinion is noted

ChristineM

Premium Member
I was responding to the poster who said there's no physical evidence for Jesus. I responded, "There's no physical evidence for most figures of antiquity. If that's your standard then you'll have to rip entire sections out of your history books."

But if you say coins and statues, etc., are physical evidence for figures of antiquity, then I have that for Jesus also.

Jerusalem Burial Cave Reveals: Names, Testimonies of First Christians (in stone)

Jerusalem Burial Cave Reveals Names, Testimonies of First Christians

Evidence can bolster faith in Jesus.

Nope, it is evidence it was used by christians, you fill the rest in with confirmation bias

There is evidence for christians.

Talking of tombs, here is the tomb of jesus father according to Jewish testament
1279px-Römerhalle,_Bad_Kreuznach_-_Tiberius_Iulius_Abdes_Pantera_tombstone.JPG

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I noted in your A) that it is opinion
I also note you state in your religion that the problem does not arise. That is explaining, it is side stepping

But if it works for you then fine for you
Today I "met" the second person who believes in flat earth ... I do not believe and if I believed in it I would have trouble explaining lots of things
Same with religion ... I do not believe in BibleGod-picture and if I believed in it I would have trouble explaining lots of things

I believe in "round" earth theory + I believe in Advaita. Both theories work for me .. I do not call that side stepping

ChristineM

Premium Member
Today I "met" the second person who believes in flat earth ... I do not believe and if I believed in it I would have trouble explaining lots of things
Same with religion ... I do not believe in BibleGod-picture and if I believed in it I would have trouble explaining lots of things

I believe in "round" earth theory + I believe in Advaita. Both theories work for me .. I do not call that side stepping

There is physical evidence for a round (actually oblate spheroid)

And you said you could explain those anomalies. Saying i believe in ______ is not an explanation.

Spartan

You sure do not know how to read for content. I dont
believe in "atlantis" any more than I do your "flood".

That you were once as easily duped by "occult" as
you now are by fundamentalism is noteworthy, tho.

I wasn't duped by it, just researched it. You're duped into thinking the Gospels aren't true, probably because you've not done your proper due-diligence. You gave it the bum's rush.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You cant have it both ways, he either created the universe and by default, all it contains or he didnt create anything. Cherry picking only the good bits is rather disparaging to your religion.

It is said god created humans, so you say he deliberately made them faulty?

Your opinion is noted

If you cannot appreciate the whole story but continue to cherry pick your perceived flaws according to your own limited evaluation, then your opinion is also noted....and not just by me.

If people have no interest in God or the ability to look at the big picture with any spiritual understanding, then why would he bother trying to explain anything that would fall on deaf ears anyway....? :shrug:

You cannot explain spiritual things to completely fleshly minded people. (1 Corinthians 2:14-16) Its really that simple.