• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pumpkin Pie..Is it Ethical?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
If you love pumpkin pie, but DO NOT like chiffon pumpkin pie, you like regular pumpkin pie, But you were forced to have chiffon pumpkin pie or no pie, while at a relatives for Thanksgiving. Which is most ethical to do; to eat the pie, smile and say thank you. Not eat the pie and complain since they would not let you bring regular pumpkin pie. Or Is there a more ethical approach altogether?

Sweet potato pie > pumpkin pie

Enough said!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The same to you. I need to start prepping some food tonight. I need to chop vegetables for stuffing and dressing. I know that a turkey supposedly cooks better with unstuffed, but you can't have stuffing unless you stuff the bird. I will be making both traditional stuffing with the vegetables sauteed in butter first most of which will be stuffed into the bird, and also some vegan dressing. My brother and his family and friends are Seventh Day Adventists. Some are almost vegans. They can have the dressing, vegetables sauteed in margarine with no dairy products and using vegetable broth rather than chicken broth. That dressing will not get near my turkey? I cook a Thanksgiving turkey mainly for the stuffing and the gravy. The meat is okay too, but I love a properly made gravy much more than I love the meat. And stuffing ... just give me a plate of stuffing, well maybe some of the turkey. And just a touch of mashed potatoes, ooh ooh, is that wild rice over there .....

No wonder I go into a coma.

Sounds delicious..... All I have to do is make cranberry sauce and later eat what others made....

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sounds delicious..... All I have to do is make cranberry sauce and later eat what others made....

Oh crap!! Thanks for reminding me. That is a chore of mine too. That is one of the most complex recipes out there. Cup of water, cup of sugar, boil, throw in a packet of fresh cranberries cook for ten minutes or so and cool. Backbreaking!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Oh crap!! Thanks for reminding me. That is a chore of mine too. That is one of the most complex recipes out there. Cup of water, cup of sugar, boil, throw in a packet of fresh cranberries cook for ten minutes or so and cool. Backbreaking!

Yes, I know, that is why it is my job :D

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
If you love pumpkin pie, but DO NOT like chiffon pumpkin pie, you like regular pumpkin pie, But you were forced to have chiffon pumpkin pie or no pie, while at a relatives for Thanksgiving. Which is most ethical to do; to eat the pie, smile and say thank you. Not eat the pie and complain since they would not let you bring regular pumpkin pie. Or Is there a more ethical approach altogether?
The more ethical approach would be to excuse yourself from dinner, jump into your time machine and travel to the past or future (doesn't matter which), develop a taste for chiffon, and then time travel back to the dinner and enjoy the meal.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
The more ethical approach would be to excuse yourself from dinner, jump into your time machine and travel to the past or future (doesn't matter which), develop a taste for chiffon, and then time travel back to the dinner and enjoy the meal.

Or maybe a home lobotomy kit.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
French bakers, suspect #1 as the inventors of chiffon pumpkin pie.

Could be right, but I've never seen anything mucking about with the original work of the gods. Maybe it's those Parisians.

Edit. Just looked at a couple of recipes, it doesn't look french, some of the ingredients look distinctly American