• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pumpkin Pie..Is it Ethical?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The only unethical thing is asking pumpkin pie to cover up. If you can' enjoy it without every inch of it hidden behind whipped cream then you don't really like pumpkin pie, you just like whipped cream. Shame.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
My family maintains that you can NEVER have too many desserts at Thanksgiving...well, at any meal where the family gathers...:)

41B35CEE-CB33-470E-A4BE-EBABD1CE78D5.jpeg

idav

Being
Premium Member
There is a lot of ethics involved in having a truly moral pumpkin pie, first rule is sharing and there has to be enough for everyone. If someone eats more of the pie and doesn't let someone have some what they are really telling he person is not to be thankful cause they would eat your slice of the pie in real life, ah but alas some people don't even have pie ethics!

#dontstealpieslices

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Pumpkin pie is ethical...but this is just wrong

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F295062%2F5LylhsBeZtn4DvxnCusi_ni8Bo6yUnTnvIxgfAUdXdk.jpg

I am not so sure. Store bought pie with a gross crust. A proper crust is often better than the filling itself. That is a solution, not an ideal one, but one can still taste the pumpkin goodness there.

For my birthday my brother and his family got a pumpkin cheese cake. Luckily it was not a pie so it was permissible for me to enjoy it the way that I did.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I am not so sure. Store bought pie with a gross crust. A proper crust is often better than the filling itself. That is a solution, not an ideal one, but one can still taste the pumpkin goodness there.

For my birthday my brother and his family got a pumpkin cheese cake. Luckily it was not a pie so it was permissible for me to enjoy it the way that I did.

Nope, its wrong...wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong...and it should be illegal to cut a pie that way..... and that is my unreasonably absurd preposterous opinion and I'm sticking to it...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope, its wrong...wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong...and it should be illegal to cut a pie that way..... and that is my unreasonably absurd preposterous opinion and I'm sticking to it...

The only defense is that that atrocity is hardly a "pie". Now if it was a pie that my mother made that would be a crime worthy of the death penalty.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The only defense is that that atrocity is hardly a "pie". Now if it was a pie that my mother made that would be a crime worthy of the death penalty.

I cannot argue that...never had the pie of which you speak...... but I stand by my unreasonably absurd irrationally preposterous opinion..... and Happy Thanksgiving

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I cannot argue that...never had the pie of which you speak...... but I stand by my unreasonably absurd irrationally preposterous opinion..... and Happy Thanksgiving
The same to you. I need to start prepping some food tonight. I need to chop vegetables for stuffing and dressing. I know that a turkey supposedly cooks better with unstuffed, but you can't have stuffing unless you stuff the bird. I will be making both traditional stuffing with the vegetables sauteed in butter first most of which will be stuffed into the bird, and also some vegan dressing. My brother and his family and friends are Seventh Day Adventists. Some are almost vegans. They can have the dressing, vegetables sauteed in margarine with no dairy products and using vegetable broth rather than chicken broth. That dressing will not get near my turkey? I cook a Thanksgiving turkey mainly for the stuffing and the gravy. The meat is okay too, but I love a properly made gravy much more than I love the meat. And stuffing ... just give me a plate of stuffing, well maybe some of the turkey. And just a touch of mashed potatoes, ooh ooh, is that wild rice over there .....

No wonder I go into a coma.

Kemosloby

Premium Member

How do you make crust that is better than the filling??

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How do you make crust that is better than the filling??
If I knew how I would be doing it myself. I have a suspicion that magic is involved. When my Mom made pies the rollups, extra dough with cinnamon and sugar, would disappear before the pie did sometimes.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A pie with a properly made crust is one of the few good arguments for the existence of God.

And bakery "pies" with their various abominations support the idea of hell. If you want a taste of the Seventh Circle of Hell I suggest a frozen Marie Callender pie. It can't get worse than that.

Depends entirely on the bakery, i suppose i am lucky or perhaps I'm in hell and don't know it.

Never had a Marie Callender pie, again perhaps my luck is continuing,. If they are anything like 'fray bentos' pies in a tin then i have to agree with you.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
A pie with a properly made crust is one of the few good arguments for the existence of God.

And bakery "pies" with their various abominations support the idea of hell. If you want a taste of the Seventh Circle of Hell I suggest a frozen Marie Callender pie. It can't get worse than that.

I agree the best pies are homemade, but if you don't have the time, - the Marie Callender's Dutch Apple Pie with brown sugar crumble - is actually pretty good. :D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Depends entirely on the bakery, i suppose i am lucky or perhaps I'm in hell and don't know it.

Never had a Marie Callender pie, again perhaps my luck is continuing,. If they are anything like 'fray bentos' pies in a tin then i have to agree with you.

To be honest they are a bit better than that. And though I have had some passable bakery pies I have never had one that came close to either my mother's or my sister's.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
To be honest they are a bit better than that. And though I have had some passable bakery pies I have never had one that came close to either my mother's or my sister's.

I would say the same until i moved to france. Of the 5 bakers withing shopping distance, 4 have trained under michellin star chefs and can beat anything i could dream of making.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I would say the same until i moved to france. Of the 5 bakers withing shopping distance, 4 have trained under michellin star chefs and can beat anything i could dream of making.

Well that's cheating! I am a bit jealous. My sister has been to Europe more than once and I have heard amazing things about some of the shops one can find there.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I've never eaten pumpkin pie, but it sounds rank.

Pumpkins are for carving faces into and putting candles inside, not eating.

Sounds like the kind of thing people ate before they invented proper desserts. Probably after eating a main course of gruel.

*slaps mouth*