• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proving With The Bible That Jesus Was NEVER Needed And Is A Con Artist

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe God calls HIm His son and that is good enough for me.
That means Jesus is not God, Jesus is the Son of God. A son is not His father.
Jesus says He is one with the Father and that is good enough for me.
“I and my Father are one” (John 10:30) means that Jesus and God are one and the same, so whatever pertains to Jesus, all His acts and doings, are identical with the Will of the Father. Jesus and God also share the same Holy Spirit, so in that sense they are one and the same. Jesus also shares the Attributes of God so in that sense they are one and the same.

The verse below says that God was manifest in the flesh; it does not say that God became flesh. God cannot become flesh because God is spirit, according to the Bible.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Moreover, God is and has always been immensely exalted beyond all that can either be recounted or perceived, everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men. That means that God can never be seen. Jesus was seen by many, therefore Jesus cannot be God.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
That means Jesus is not God, Jesus is the Son of God. A son is not His father.

“I and my Father are one” (John 10:30) means that Jesus and God are one and the same, so whatever pertains to Jesus, all His acts and doings, are identical with the Will of the Father. Jesus and God also share the same Holy Spirit, so in that sense they are one and the same. Jesus also shares the Attributes of God so in that sense they are one and the same.

The verse below says that God was manifest in the flesh; it does not say that God became flesh. God cannot become flesh because God is spirit, according to the Bible.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Moreover, God is and has always been immensely exalted beyond all that can either be recounted or perceived, everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men. That means that God can never be seen. Jesus was seen by many, therefore Jesus cannot be God.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

I believe that would be so if God were a man but He is not. God is quite capable of being both Son and Father and horde of brothers and sisters as well.

I believe this is not so. The Father does not have a body and Jesus does.

I believe God was not seen in Jesus because God can't be seen but He is there just the same. We know God by His words and His actions.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
In Hebrew what is the difference between god (El) and God with the definite article (Ha El)?

El is the Canaanite high god. The Hebews recognized both gods, and others, until they decided to worship Yahweh alone, so they absorbed other gods' identities into Yahweh. Not sure what Ha El is, but Ha is an Egyptian god I think.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe God was not seen in Jesus because God can't be seen but He is there just the same. We know God by His words and His actions.
I believe that we can know Jesus by His words and actions as recorded in the New Testament.

I do not believe we can know God through His words and actions since God does not speak except through Messengers and God does not act, but rather God Wills and it is done.

Muffled

Jesus in me
El is the Canaanite high god. The Hebews recognized both gods, and others, until they decided to worship Yahweh alone, so they absorbed other gods' identities into Yahweh. Not sure what Ha El is, but Ha is an Egyptian god I think.

I do not believe attributes were attributed to Yahweh from El. I believe El is just the word for God just as God is our word for God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe that we can know Jesus by His words and actions as recorded in the New Testament.

I do not believe we can know God through His words and actions since God does not speak except through Messengers and God does not act, but rather God Wills and it is done.

I believe the Bible has many occasions where God spoke and acted.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
The church has always accepted that there's a great deal of mystery to the incarnation. If a person cannot accept that God is mysterious he really can't be a Christian. When people try to explain away the incarnation they just always sound desperate to me. It's like the idea of God becoming a human is scary. Well, yes it is, until you realize what it means for your good. Let the light in and it will become a glorious mystery that inspires praise.

Muffled

Jesus in me
El and Yahweh are seen as separate gods. El is Canaanite and Yahweh is Hebrew.

I believe then you should express who is doing the seeing. If El is a separate Canaanite god then he is not God and does not matter at all. If El is Yahweh then the Canaanites have the right God but perhaps not the best knowledge of Him.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The church has always accepted that there's a great deal of mystery to the incarnation. If a person cannot accept that God is mysterious he really can't be a Christian. When people try to explain away the incarnation they just always sound desperate to me. It's like the idea of God becoming a human is scary. Well, yes it is, until you realize what it means for your good. Let the light in and it will become a glorious mystery that inspires praise.

I believe fear of God is rational since He is omnipotent but the love of God eliminates that fear.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I believe then you should express who is doing the seeing. If El is a separate Canaanite god then he is not God and does not matter at all. If El is Yahweh then the Canaanites have the right God but perhaps not the best knowledge of Him.

El was a god before Yahweh became a god. Yahweh was one of El's assembly/sons of god. Yahweh was given aspects of El, Baal and Marduk when he became the Hebrew high god.