• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proving Atheists Wrong With Science #1

Skwim

Veteran Member
waterproof.jpeg

source
This has been around for some time, but I just came across it and thought it far too important not to share.

So, atheists, how you going to explain this one, huh?

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
No-one could possibly be that dense.
You know, I find myself saying that more and more, and lately it seems I end up concluding "Huh...I guess they really are that stupid" a lot more often.

I wonder how much the increasing ability to only get information from sources that tell you what you already want to hear, and tune everything else out entirely, is playing in all this.

A

angellous_evangellous

This thing is all over the internet. I can't find its source. I think it is a parody.

Its perfectly tailored to the creationist audience who can be counted on simply accepting something as truth when it supports their position negating the need to explain any glaring problems with the claim that a more skeptical person would pick up.

I doubt its a poe because we're talking about the same people who argue the continued existance of chimps is a valid arguement against them sharing a common ancestor with humans. These people voluntarily embrace ignorance and allow themselves to be mislead.

No doubt this is why such fundamentalist belief is associated with attrocities because they don't question the justification behind murder and torture but rather assume it must be justified because their religion or religious leaders say so.

A

angellous_evangellous

Its perfectly tailored to the creationist audience who can be counted on simply accepting something as truth when it supports their position negating the need to explain any glaring problems with the claim that a more skeptical person would pick up.

I doubt its a poe because we're talking about the same people who argue the continued existance of chimps is a valid arguement against them sharing a common ancestor with humans. These people voluntarily embrace ignorance and allow themselves to be mislead.

No doubt this is why such fundamentalist belief is associated with attrocities because they don't question the justification behind murder and torture but rather assume it must be justified because their religion or religious leaders say so.

But creationists aren't using this to argue for creationism.

It is exclusively being used by people to make fun of creationism.

But creationists aren't using this to argue for creationism.

It is exclusively being used by people to make fun of creationism.

I guess you missed the Channel Four (UK) documentary where this was actually taught in an Islamic school. The children had been taught a strawman version of evolution that stated humans evolved from chimps leading the kids to ask this question.

That said it's just one example of the poorly thought out arguements that pervade the creationist movements.

A

angellous_evangellous

I guess you missed the Channel Four (UK) documentary where this was actually taught in an Islamic school. The children had been taught a strawman version of evolution that stated humans evolved from chimps leading the kids to ask this question.

I don't watch channel four in the UK.:rolleyes:

Is this available on youtube?

I don't watch channel four in the UK.:rolleyes:

Is this available on youtube?

Unfortunately Channel Four tends to clamp down on Youtube pretty quickly, and I'm not sure if you'll be able to use 4oD (Four on demand).

It was a documentary about religious schools in the UK. The Islamic school was reportedly the only school who would allow them (Richard Dawkins presents it) in, although that may have just been because they felt Richard wouldn't represent them fairly.

The previous Labour and current coalition government have a thing for religious schools and are even making state schools into acadamies run by local groups i.e. religious groups.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I can't think of anything more useless than proving atheists wrong. But that is just me. I keep asking- isn't it OK for me to be a person of faith and still enjoy and study science? Not all people think of science of any kind as atheistic.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Aside from drinking evaporated pee, we are actually running out of fresh clean water all over the world.