• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prove Allah exists

croak

Trickster
Without qouting the Qur'an,prove God.
Without quoting any scientists, prove that God doesnn't exist. Or quote if you want. It's just as hard as proving He does exist, isn't it?

Green Man

RearingArabian said:
Without quoting any scientists, prove that God doesnn't exist. Or quote if you want. It's just as hard as proving He does exist, isn't it?

Science is not in the business of proving God.How do you prove the existance of a myth?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Science is not in the business of proving God.How do you prove the existance of a myth?
Prove to me that what I see in front of me (or what you see) is real. You can't, can you? Some things are unprovable, at least at present. That does not detract from the value of believing in them.

Master Vigil

It is impossible to prove, OR disprove god. It is the nature of the beast. (Woah I just called god the beast. :D) The existence that god can be proven to have, is a concept that exists within the minds of millions of people. No proof that the thing itself exists, but the concept sure does. Like a unicorn, unicorns probably don't exist, but the concept of them do.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Green Man said:

Without refering to Science, Do you believe you have a brain?
If yes, how come you believe you have a brain without being able to see it????!

For me I belive I have a brain and I believe that the Almighty God, the creator of the whole universe exists! Thanks be to our God for that!!!

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
God has proved Himself to me, which is all the proof I need.
I'll gladly be His witness to anyone who cares to listen.
If I'm not a credible enough witness to those who don't care to listen, why waste my breath?

MrMorden

off topic sortof:

God has proved Himself to me, which is all the proof I need.
I'll gladly be His witness to anyone who cares to listen.
If I'm not a credible enough witness to those who don't care to listen, why waste my breath?
by witness what do you mean?

on topic:

asking me to prove that god exists is hippocritical being as how you cannot prove that he doesn't. science is in the buisiness of proving things beyond a shadow of a doubt. there is more than just a shadow of a doubt that god exists. and if you disagree, then prove otherwise

Green Man

Druidus said:
Prove to me that what I see in front of me (or what you see) is real. You can't, can you? Some things are unprovable, at least at present. That does not detract from the value of believing in them.

What is the value of believing in something that does not exist?

Green Man

Druidus said:
See previous post

Green Man

Peace said:
Without refering to Science, Do you believe you have a brain?
If yes, how come you believe you have a brain without being able to see it????!

For me I belive I have a brain and I believe that the Almighty God, the creator of the whole universe exists! Thanks be to our God for that!!!

That's one of the silliest arguements I've heard in a while.

Green Man

MrMorden said:
off topic sortof:

by witness what do you mean?

on topic:

asking me to prove that god exists is hippocritical being as how you cannot prove that he doesn't. science is in the buisiness of proving things beyond a shadow of a doubt. there is more than just a shadow of a doubt that god exists. and if you disagree, then prove otherwise

Science is not in the business of addressing myths and fairy tales.There is no god to prove or disprove.

meogi

I'm gonna credit Deut with this and say again: Proof is appropriate in the domains of logic, math, and liquor.

That being said, asking anyone to 'prove' a negative is impossible. (By 'prove' I mean provide evidence for). There is no need for anyone to provide evidence against the supernatural, because none has been provided in the affirmative.

What happens is someone presents an idea, and in doing so, shows why (provides evidence/arguments) they believe this. The 'disproof' comes from counter-evidence/arguments to the original evidence. If we look at it on a number line: You always start at 0, add to that (evidence), and then subtract from it (counter-evidence) back to 0. You can't have a negative number with this kind of thing (absolute disproof). Also, 0 does not say that said idea is false, but it is evidence that it most likely is.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Green Man said:
A better question (and less abrasive) might be, why does it bother you if someone believes in Diety, as long as they aren't doing any harm to themselves or others?

Does it bother you?

MrMorden

this whole topic is silly and clearly is getting nowhere. my point is that god isnt god if he can be proven. the very nature of god determines that

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
A Babel fish is a highly improbable biological universal translator. It appears as a "small, yellow and leechlike" fish. When a Babel fish is inserted into the ear canal it allows the 'wearer' to "instantly understand anything said... in any form of language." This was both a useful plot device for Adams, who wrote on the subject that he always found the ability of all aliens to speak English very strange; and also the starting point for a joke about the existence of God.

According to the Hitchhiker's Guide, the Babel fish was put forth as a fideist example for the non-existence of God:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. Q.E.D." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic. "Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing. The fish feeds on mental energy created while composing a sentence, and apparently 'excretes' mental energy in a form that can be understood by others.
Wikipedia :jiggy: