• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prosperity Gospel

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
This is based(about 20%) on something I've read, and public domain knowledge.

The news article (which was taken. down later or google can't find it) stated that a lot of the Prosperity Gospels teachers get millions every year, yet most of those that "tithe", to these teachers, are some of the poorest.

Most of supposed teachers, when asked why most of their tithers is poor, state that the problem is not their problem.

Here's the questions:

1) What's the difference between the Prosperity Gospel (money wise not faith) and the Nigerian 419 scams. Since both wants your hard earned money

2) Should governments hold PG teachers accountable if their brand enrich only the rich (like a pyramid scheme)

BSM1

What? Me worry?

The news article (which was taken. down later or google can't find it) stated that a lot of the Prosperity Gospels teachers get millions every year, yet most of those that "tithe", to these teachers, are some of the poorest.

Most of supposed teachers, when asked why most of their tithers is poor, state that the problem is not their problem.

Here's the questions:

1) What's the difference between the Prosperity Gospel (money wise not faith) and the Nigerian 419 scams. Since both wants your hard earned money

2) Should governments hold PG teachers accountable if their brand enrich only the rich (like a pyramid scheme)

The Prosperity Gospel charlatans have better grammatical skills.

Levite

Higher and Higher

Here's the questions:

1. Nothing except a religious guise.

2. Unfortunately, because of freedom of religion, it is extremely difficult to construct an effective case against PG preachers. And while I think PG preachers are despicable lowlifes preying on the vulnerable, I also think freedom of religion is very important. So while I support the efforts of law enforcement to construct cases against such preachers, I also don't favor trying to make new legal loopholes in freedom of religion in order to better prosecute them.

Granted, I am not a Christian, and therefore I understand I have no standing to truly judge. But it seems to me that, given that according to Christian scripture, Jesus spent the majority of his working time encouraging the rich to give money to the poor, and in all ways trying to honor and uplift the poor, ill, and vulnerable; trying to pass off con games where the con artist bilks the poor and the vulnerable in order to get rich in Jesus' name seems fairly un-Christian-- more or less the exact inverse of what Jesus seems to have wanted, in fact.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Prosperity schemes under a non profit religious banner should be made illegal and it's staff held legally accountable for their crimes including civil and criminal actions.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't care for properity preachers. I tend to avoid them like the plague. None of the people in my Bible study classes care for them, either. A few of them call the prosperity preachers "false teachers" (I personally leave that kind of judgment to God).