• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophet Muhammad did not marry a child

danieldemol

Premium Member
Prophet Muhammad was a prophet of God. The angel Gabriel told prophet Muhammad the Quran.
A prophet is a person who follow God. And because the Quran is from God, then he followed the Quran
You can't determine that using a historical approach.

In my opinion

danieldemol

Premium Member
Most likely Allah did not make it clear because Allah gave us humans common sense and reason.
If God gave us common sense and reason (I dont agree with this but for the sake of hypothetical questioning) then wouldn't that make the revelation of an ambiguous book redundant?

I mean if we already know right from wrong what is the point of vaguely instructing us what is correct and what is not?

In my opinion.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So most Bahais do not believe prophet Muhammad married 9 year old child?

I will answer for myself. No

Abdul'baha offered in part this.

"Now we come to Muḥammad. Americans and Europeans have heard a number of stories about the Prophet which they have thought to be true, although the narrators were either ignorant or antagonistic: most of them were clergy; others were ignorant Muslims who repeated unfounded traditions about Muḥammad which they ignorantly believed to be to His praise.
Thus some benighted Muslims made His polygamy the pivot of their praises and held it to be a wonder, regarding it as a miracle; and European historians, for the most part, rely on the tales of these ignorant people......"

Bahá'í Reference Library - Some Answered Questions, Pages 18-24

Regards Tony

Altfish

Veteran Member
Only hadiths (written 200years after the prophets death) say that Prophet Muhammad had sex with a 9 year old. The Quran is against child marriage. And prophet Muhammad followed the Quran
Religious writings contradict each other - I am surprised .... NOT!

Clara Tea

I believe Prophet Muhammad did not marry and had sex with a 9 year old child. I believe that is a big lie. The hadiths about this is fabricated. The Quran is against child marriage, and prophet Muhammad followed the Quran.

Quran Surat Akl-An'am 6:114

Shall I seek other than God as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed? Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt.

I believe the Quran is from God. I believe the hadiths is man made. And hadiths was written down 200 years after prophet Muhammad lived, and because of this not all hadiths is true. The Quran should always be most important.

By the way,children who is only 9 years old has not big enough body to give birth. They has very high risk of dying in child birth. Propet Muhammad was a prophet from God. Because of that i believe he never married a 9year old girl.

And most cultures allowed to constumate the marriage not before the age of 12-13 years old.

If the bible is wrong about one thing, it could be wrong about everything. We can no longer trust the bible, nor God.

The bible is the only way that we know God. If the bible is wrong, then maybe all of it is a myth and maybe God doesn't exist?

firedragon

Veteran Member
If God gave us common sense and reason (I dont agree with this but for the sake of hypothetical questioning) then wouldn't that make the revelation of an ambiguous book redundant?

Could you please explain how that is relevant to the topic? Just curious.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Oh. Sorry I misread you.

So what is your response to the topic?
That most of the claims of Starlight's thread cannot be demonstrated using historical methods since we have no reliable history to base it on.

Hence that which can be claimed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Therefore we can dismiss the claims;
That it is certainly a lie that Muhammad slept with Aisha when she was 9-10
That Muhammad was a Prophet
That the angel Gabriel gave the Quran to Muhammad
That Muhammad certainly followed the Quran without deviation.

All these are claims which cannot be evaluated without a historical yardstick. So there is no obligation to accept them as undisputable truth.

In my opinion.

PruePhillip

Only hadiths (written 200years after the prophets death) say that Prophet Muhammad had sex with a 9 year old. The Quran is against child marriage. And prophet Muhammad followed the Quran

Only, in many cases, he didn't follow the Quran. Remember, this man was a warlord. He was the world's first Jew killer.

firedragon

Veteran Member
That most of the claims of Starlight's thread cannot be demonstrated using historical methods since we have no reliable history to base it on.

What is the historical method you employ? Can you describe your method and how you have employed it prior to this? On which historical character?

Thanks.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I believe Prophet Muhammad did not marry and had sex with a 9 year old child. I believe that is a big lie. The hadiths about this is fabricated. The Quran is against child marriage, and prophet Muhammad followed the Quran.

Quran Surat Akl-An'am 6:114

Shall I seek other than God as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed? Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt.

I believe the Quran is from God. I believe the hadiths is man made. And hadiths was written down 200 years after prophet Muhammad lived, and because of this not all hadiths is true. The Quran should always be most important.

By the way,children who is only 9 years old has not big enough body to give birth. They has very high risk of dying in child birth. Propet Muhammad was a prophet from God. Because of that i believe he never married a 9year old girl.

And most cultures allowed to constumate the marriage not before the age of 12-13 years old.

I think you’ll find that “once they start their courses” children were fair game,not just in Islam either,child marriage was common in Europe too,that was life in the medaeval world of Muhammed and girls can start their periods as young as 8years old.

As I said,this was common in that time but it made a precedent that was carried on into the modern era,thankfully Saudi Arabia have now banned marriage of anyone under 18 so at least there’s some progress there.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Only, in many cases, he didn't follow the Quran. Remember, this man was a warlord. He was the world's first Jew killer.

Ah. Another "Bash Muhammed" person with TV knowledge.

See @Starlight If its about Muhammed or Islam, hate preachers with bogus Phd's emerge spreading a lot of lies and hate speech. ;)

But other threads rarely emerge as such. Even atheists will defend other threads, but in this case they will try their best to derail the thread to "demonise Muhammed" or "Demonise Islam" thread. What ever the topic is.

So @PruePhillip lets exchange some hatred just like your style. LEt's do a cut and paste game because that's all you deserve.

Kill People Who Don’t Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17)

Kill Homosexuals
“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abomile deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)

Death for Fornication

A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 )

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 )

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 )

Kill False Prophets

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, “You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord.” When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 )

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. “The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him.” (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 )

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 )

firedragon

Veteran Member
I think you’ll find that “once they start their courses” children were fair game,not just in Islam either,child marriage was common in Europe too,that was life in the medaeval world of Muhammed and girls can start their periods as young as 8years old.

Please be kind enough to directly quote some research studies. I would like to read up on it.

Thanks.