• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophecy fulfilled? What about Matthew 24:14?

Faithofchristian

Of course He was telling them the prophecy. But it does not necessarily follow; that Jesus was addressing them saying it was specifically their generation.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

The Question Is, When does this Prophecy
( this Gospel shall be preached into all the world, then the end shall come)
When does this Prophecy come to it's fulfillment?

You said ( 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only)

You do know that in the book of Revelation, God the Father made it known about the day and hour of Christ Jesus returning.

allright

Once again if I made a "prophecy" that something would happen some time within two weeks that would be the equivalent of Jesus's prophecy. He said that it would happen during the lifetimes of at least some of the people there. That is not knowing the time or the season. If what I predicted did not occur within two weeks it would be a failed prophecy. Since what Jesus predicted did not occur within the lifetimes of those he was speaking to, that is a failed prophecy.