• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Propaganda: Why it is necessary for Islam

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Response: Let's not forget that it was a Pope of christianity that started the crusades. But they never want to remind us of that. Why? Because underneath it all, even the media knows that the religion of islam has nothing to do with what's going on in the middle east. The problems within those countries comes from the mess that others have done in the name of their religion or their politics, not islam.

A Pope might have started the first Crusade, but Muslims did start one themselves friend(there where 3 if I remember right)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If a christian were to ask muslims about their view of Jesus, the man who's teachings is the foundation of christianity according to christians, they would come to hear that muslims love and respect Jesus as much as they do. There are differences as to what he's said and done, but in the end, no muslim tries to defame Jesus.

If a jew were to ask muslims of their view of Moses, the man who's teachings is the foundation of Judaism, he/she would come to learn that the muslims love and respect Moses as well and never ever try to defame him.

But when the tables are turned and we ask the jews or christians their view of Muhammad, the same respect to Muhammad is practically never given. Hmmm?
Why should Chrisitans and Jews give much respect to a man who taught many ideas that ran counter to their own? The Prophet said, "We have more claim to Moses than you." Do you think that Muhammad was being particularly respectful to Jews by making such an outlandish claim? Likewise, it isn't likely that Christians who see Jesus Christ as God, in the flesh, feel terribly respected to be told that Jesus is a mere prophet and to top the insult, second to Muhammad himself.

The Western media portrays islam as anything but a religion of peace and that this can be found in the qur'an and sunnah.
Along with hoards of other less than thrilling comments as well. Aside from this it is worthy to note what the Islamic definition of "peace" is here.

But if one were to ask for those references, they bring up afghanistan, pakistan, and other situations that happen within muslim countries. In other words, the request for proof from authentic sources is ignored.
Actually Fatihah, it is because Muslims reference sources that are not widely recognized outside of the Islamic world as being authentic or authorative.

But when the muslim counters with the same logic and talks about the history and problems within the West, the muslims are accused of pointing the finger. Hmmm?
That does happen, yes, but it is usually the result of flawed arguments on the Muslim side of the point. For example, Muslims in general terms, do not seem to appreciate logical fallacies.

Questions are ignored and the respect to Muhammad is not given from the members of other religions, despite the fact that muslims give love and respect to their religious figures.
Actually, history proves you wrong on this point. The truth is that Islam doesn't tolerate other religious viewpoints because Islam is the only true religion.

So what can be concluded from this? This is certainly some sort of propaganda against islam.
Yes, sadly there is, but Fatihah, any religious group can make such a claim - Islam is not alone in this area and if there is a spotlight on Islam at this time in space it is because some less than thrilling Muslims have drawn the attention to them.

But why is this propaganda necessary, especially if islam is alleged to be a flawed religion? Let's have a dialogue.
That's the beauty of the reality, Fatihah. I don't believe that propaganda IS necessary. I believe that if we simply let Muslims talk, no one will ever need to say anything against them as the truth will quickly become obvious.

Last edited:

Fatihah

Why should Chrisitans and Jews give much respect to a man who taught many ideas that ran counter to their own?

Response: The same reason why you should give any person respect. It's called "good manners". I believe that Emmitt Smith is the best running back of all time. My brother doesn't. Does that give him the right to disrespect me? There's a difference between disagreeing and being disrespectful.

The Prophet said, "We have more claim to Moses than you." Do you think that Muhammad was being particularly respectful to Jews by making such an outlandish claim?

Response: Yes. How is that disrespectful? The qur'an states that all the prophets were muslims. So the prophet Muhammad is reminding them of the religion of Moses. Even the tanakh does not say that the religion of Moses is Judaism. The word "judaism" is not even there in the whole entire book.

Quote: YmirGF
Likewise, it isn't likely that Christians who see Jesus Christ as God, in the flesh, feel terribly respected to be told that Jesus is a mere prophet and to top the insult, second to Muhammad himself.

Response: Again, there's a difference between disagreeing and being disrespectful.

Actually Fatihah, it is because Muslims reference sources that are not widely recognized outside of the Islamic world as being authentic or authorative.

Response: I've never seen this happen but if you say it happens, then for the sake of argument, I won't disagree. But I for one have not.
Quote: YmirGF
That's the beauty of the reality, Fatihah. I don't believe that propagand IS necessary. I believe that if we simply let Muslims talk, no one will ever need to say anything against them as the truth will quickly become obvious.

Response: Then let's put this logic to the test and let this thread be evidence as to who's telling the truth, insha' Allah.

kai

ragamuffin
Response: Let's not forget that it was a Pope of christianity that started the crusades. But they never want to remind us of that. Why? Because underneath it all, even the media knows that the religion of islam has nothing to do with what's going on in the middle east. The problems within those countries comes from the mess that others have done in the name of their religion or their politics, not islam.

Thats debateable i beleive the crusades were a diresct result of Muslim expansion and pressure on the byzantines. We are constantly reminded of the Crusades when the fact that Muslims invaded christian areas first.

kai

ragamuffin
Response: Really? Then who? When? And where?
The Crusades originally had the goal of recapturing Jerusalem and the "holy land"from Muslim rule and were launched in direct response to a call from the Byzantines for help against the expansion of the Muslims .

Recapturing is the clue word
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(637)
I suspect this is worthy of another thread the Ahistory of Islam is a fascinating subject.

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
It's not expected from a non Muslim to have the same respect we hold for Musa for example. But it exceed being a matter of respect or love, it is matter of dirtiness, the dirtiness of their propaganda and the filth and lies that they spread to pollute ignorants minds.
who told you Jews or christians do not respect Moses?
It can be looked from different aspects; historically, ideologically and politically.
For example, look at the propagandistic lies that were spread by the Crusaders about Muslims to urge their followers to invade the Muslim lands. The nowadays Europe and West are still captured by their ancestors' mentality; the Crusaders' mentality; . So we shouldn't be surprised that the same methods and lies are being used now to invade our lands and control our nations again.
Islam is the enemy of kufr, falsehood, corruption and greed so it's not surprise that they feel threatened by Islam and not surprise that they try their hardest to fight it with every possible means.
I am afraid you have fallen for some propoganda here yourself Not4me in the west time has moved on and i suspect a very small percentage of people know much about the crusades
"They want to extinguish the light of Allāh with their mouths, but Allāh will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it." Holy Qur'an
As a matter of fact this anti-Islamic propaganda is not new, enemies of the truth didn't save any effort since day one of the revelation. Even before the revelation to prophet Muhammad pbuh, this is a universal sunnah, sunnah of this life, wherever and whenever the truth is, we will always find its enemies.

I am not quite sure what anti Islamic propoganda you are talking about, Honestly can you show us some and maybe we can comment but i think it would have to be more recent than the crusades

kai

ragamuffin
Response: A few questions:
Exactly how does your question fit in with the topic of thread? Because its all about respect, how can anyone respect the duplicity found in Islam ? how can anyone fathom out exactly what is Islam?Who is Mullah Omar?
Mohammed Omar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And if you also believe that the teachings of islam is not peace, (not knowing if you do or not) why haven't you shown from the qur'an or sunnah evidence for the claim?

Because i do not have the qualifications to interpret such ancient writings , why dont you explain the world wide confusion of such interpretations by such as Mullah Omar.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The same reason why you should give any person respect. It's called "good manners". I believe that Emmitt Smith is the best running back of all time. My brother doesn't. Does that give him the right to disrespect me? There's a difference between disagreeing and being disrespectful.
I see. So, you feel that it is perfectly ok to reinvent the scriptures of other people and then wonder why they don’t respect your thinking.
It is one thing to respect people out of simple human dignity. It is a bit more unrealistic to be asked to respect what they believe. Should I respect Charles Manson’s beliefs? Should I respect Nazi supporters who believed in Adolf Hitler? Should I respect Usama Bin Lauden’s beliefs? Surely you must be joking as you can’t actually be serious.
Yes. How is that disrespectful? The qur'an states that all the prophets were muslims. So the prophet Muhammad is reminding them of the religion of Moses. Even the tanakh does not say that the religion of Moses is Judaism. The word "judaism" is not even there in the whole entire book.
Oh good grief, Fatihah. Take off your blinders for just a second. This logic works only for Muslims and you cannot seriously expect non-Muslims to go along with this reasoning. Jews and Christians feel it is you who are distorting their scriptures and further to this they reject your scriptures and your so-called “prophet” and you wonder why you don’t get the respect you think you deserve.
Again, there's a difference between disagreeing and being disrespectful.
First, Christian didn’t ask for the opinion of Muslims. Islam proclaimed the “true” answer and flung it in their faces. Again, this is a bit more than a simple disagreement.
Then let's put this logic to the test and let this thread be evidence as to who's telling the truth, insha' Allah.

I can’t seem to get the image of Rodney Dangerfield out of my mind screaming, “I don’t get no respect!”

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
A Pope might have started the first Crusade, but Muslims did start one themselves friend(there where 3 if I remember right)

Its was Pope Urban II who sent the Crusades in answer to the Christian Emperor Alexius I for help fighting the Seljuk Turks.

Fatihah

I see. So, you feel that it is perfectly ok to reinvent the scriptures of other people and then wonder why they don�t respect your thinking. [/SIZE]
It is one thing to respect people out of simple human dignity. It is a bit more unrealistic to be asked to respect what they believe. Should I respect Charles Manson�s beliefs? Should I respect Nazi supporters who believed in Adolf Hitler? Should I respect Usama Bin Lauden�s beliefs? Surely you must be joking as you can�t actually be serious.

Response: No one asked for them to respect the religion of islam so I don't even know why that was even said. The point is that the muslims don't agree with Joseph Steinland, Scientology, Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, etc.. But that's it. We simply don't agree. We don't try to go out and defame and insult their prophets by calling them and their religion a religion of violence and slandering their character. There's the difference. No muslim claims that the founder of these religions are not good people. But when they speak of Muhammad, his character is defamed and slandered as an immoral humam being. That's the difference.

Naturally you would not expect a person to show any respect for Hitler or Bin Laden because of the indecency in their beliefs. Now here comes the problem. If you or anyone else wants to claim that the same can be said for islam, then quote from the qur'an or sunnah to back up your claim. If you don't, then this is exactly what I mean by propaganda. If you actually have the evidence, then present it.

Fatihah

Thats debateable i beleive the crusades were a diresct result of Muslim expansion and pressure on the byzantines. We are constantly reminded of the Crusades when the fact that Muslims invaded christian areas first.

Response: I see a statement. Where's the proof?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Because it's a negative thing. It makes sense does it not, anything negative said about Islam whether true or not is all ready propaganda. :rolleyes:
It does speak volumes, doesn't it.

This is what I meant earlier in my comment to Fatihah. Just let Muslims talk and the truth will become plain as day for all to see.