• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Propaganda: Why it is necessary for Islam

Fatihah

If a christian were to ask muslims about their view of Jesus, the man who's teachings is the foundation of christianity according to christians, they would come to hear that muslims love and respect Jesus as much as they do. There are differences as to what he's said and done, but in the end, no muslim tries to defame Jesus.

If a jew were to ask muslims of their view of Moses, the man who's teachings is the foundation of Judaism, he/she would come to learn that the muslims love and respect Moses as well and never ever try to defame him.

But when the tables are turned and we ask the jews or christians their view of Muhammad, the same respect to Muhammad is practically never given. Hmmm?

The Western media portrays islam as anything but a religion of peace and that this can be found in the qur'an and sunnah. But if one were to ask for those references, they bring up afghanistan, pakistan, and other situations that happen within muslim countries. In other words, the request for proof from authentic sources is ignored. But when the muslim counters with the same logic and talks about the history and problems within the West, the muslims are accused of pointing the finger. Hmmm?

Questions are ignored and the respect to Muhammad is not given from the members of other religions, despite the fact that muslims give love and respect to their religious figures.

So what can be concluded from this? This is certainly some sort of propaganda against islam. But why is this propaganda necessary, especially if islam is alleged to be a flawed religion? Let's have a dialogue.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Of course Islam reveres Moses and Jesus, as they're also a part of Islam. Christians revere Moses, because he is a also part of Christianity. But Jews don't revere Christ because he is not a part of Judaism, and Jews and Christians don't revere Muhammad, because he is not a part of either. It's pretty simple logic. Do you revere the Baha'i teachings and prophets?

Smoke

Done here.
If a christian were to ask muslims about their view of Jesus, the man who's teachings is the foundation of christianity according to christians, they would come to hear that muslims love and respect Jesus as much as they do. There are differences as to what he's said and done, but in the end, no muslim tries to defame Jesus.

If a jew were to ask muslims of their view of Moses, the man who's teachings is the foundation of Judaism, he/she would come to learn that the muslims love and respect Moses as well and never ever try to defame him.

But when the tables are turned and we ask the jews or christians their view of Muhammad, the same respect to Muhammad is practically never given. Hmmm?
In Islam, Moses and Jesus are prophets. In Judaism and Christianity, Muhammad is nobody. Why should they have a view of him at all? If they have a view, why should you expect it to be a favorable view?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I find this post to be somewhat paranoid.
for example, you may respect Jesus and the prophets of Israel because Islam is founded on Judaism and partially on Christianity, just like Christianity was founded on Judaism, which is why Christians respect the prophets of Israel.
I have no issues with Muhammad, or with Islam at large. in fact as a Jew (atheist Jew) I have two versions of the Qur'an at home, I have more than my share of Islamic literature and art books, and im quite at ease with Islamic culture.
most Jews and Christians have no need for Muhammad in their theology, because their monotheism is older than Islam's, its well established and functioning, in a way, Islam was Jewish monotheism spread in Arabia and later in many other parts of the world, and Muslims, should accept and respect that, you cannot expect to convince modern people in the west about the importance of Muhammad in modern life, anymore than you can do it with Alexander the great. if it was up to me, I would love the younger generations to be more educated about both these figures, but to be honest, it certainly is not a must.

kai

ragamuffin
well not your version of Jesus anyway
Of course not to you Moses was a Muslim
Well of course not to you Moses and Isa are Muslims you are only showing respect for your own prophets.
The Western media portrays islam as anything but a religion of peace and that this can be found in the qur'an and sunnah. But if one were to ask for those references, they bring up afghanistan, pakistan, and other situations that happen within muslim countries. In other words, the request for proof from authentic sources is ignored. But when the muslim counters with the same logic and talks about the history and problems within the West, the muslims are accused of pointing the finger. Hmmm?
Is that the same Authentic sources the Taliban and Alqueda use
Questions are ignored and the respect to Muhammad is not given from the members of other religions, despite the fact that muslims give love and respect to their religious figures.
As i said you are giving respect to your own religious figures of Moses and Jesus

So what can be concluded from this? This is certainly some sort of propaganda against islam. But why is this propaganda necessary, especially if islam is alleged to be a flawed religion? Let's have a dialogue.

what can be concluded is that your argument is flawed because the figures you quoted are Islamic ,unless of course you show the same respect to Bahá'u'lláh or Joseph Smith.

Fatihah

Of course Islam reveres Moses and Jesus, as they're also a part of Islam. Christians revere Moses, because he is a also part of Christianity. But Jews don't revere Christ because he is not a part of Judaism, and Jews and Christians don't revere Muhammad, because he is not a part of either. It's pretty simple logic. Do you revere the Baha'i teachings and prophets?

Response: That's the whole point. If the teachings of islam says to revere Jesus and Moses while the christians and jews defame the character of Muhammad, how on earth can the jews and christians blame Muhammad for not being peaceful when they're the ones who are defaming him, despite the fact that he has never done so to their prophets?

As for the Baha'I teachings and prophets, islam does not accept it. But that's it. You don't see any muslim missionaries here trying to defame the character of their prophets. That's the difference.

Fatihah

In Islam, Moses and Jesus are prophets. In Judaism and Christianity, Muhammad is nobody. Why should they have a view of him at all? If they have a view, why should you expect it to be a favorable view?

Response: Of course their view would not be that he is a prophet. That's understandible. But that's not all that's being said about Muhammad (pbuh). They go to the extent of trying to humiliate him.

The bigger issue is the fact that Muhammad always loved and respected Jesus and Moses and claimed that those who didn't are not even muslims to begin with. This goes to show that Muhammad was not out to create a religion for his own pleasure in comparison to the jews and christians. Did you know that Jesus is mentioned in the qur'an 5x more than Muhammad? Moses is mentioned over 100+ times the amount of times Muhammad is mentioned. Yet you will not find a jew or christian showing the same respect. So how on earth can a person conclude that Muhammad started violence with the jews and christians and not the other way around?

Fatihah

In my opening post I concerning propaganda for islam I said:
"The Western media portrays islam as anything but a religion of peace and that this can be found in the qur'an and sunnah. But if one were to ask for those references, they bring up afghanistan, pakistan, and other situations that happen within muslim countries. In other words, the request for proof from authentic sources is ignored".

To which you've responded:

"Is that the same Authentic sources the Taliban and Alqueda use"

Thanks for making my point and doing it so soon in the thread.

Kodanshi

StygnosticA
I can give an analogy of the kind of respect Muslims afford to Christians.

Muslims, please imagine if someone who followed another god came to you and said: “I respect allah, he is one of the greatest prophets of the True Religion, but he was nevertheless a man. Arabs ended up deifying him and worshipping him as a god, but he is a great man.”

Would you call that ‘respect’?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

I don't think any propaganda is neccesary because followers of Islam bring criticism on themselves with spurrious claims such as "the one true religion" or "the religion of peace" or the scientific facts in the Quran" etc and this surely invites criticism.

kai

ragamuffin
In my opening post I concerning propaganda for islam I said:
"The Western media portrays islam as anything but a religion of peace and that this can be found in the qur'an and sunnah. But if one were to ask for those references, they bring up afghanistan, pakistan, and other situations that happen within muslim countries. In other words, the request for proof from authentic sources is ignored".

To which you've responded:

"Is that the same Authentic sources the Taliban and Alqueda use"

Thanks for making my point and doing it so soon in the thread.

your welcome !its the overriding question everyone wants to know , pity you didn't answer it.I am guessing its "its nothing to do with Islam" but please tell me which Quran was Mullah Omar reading?

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
So how on earth can a person conclude that Muhammad started violence with the jews and christians and not the other way around?
Maybe the fact that Muhammad massacred Jews, and not the other way around, has something to do with it.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Maybe the fact that Muhammad massacred Jews, and not the other way around, has something to do with it.

You know, to be honest, I have no idea what Fatihah is talking about, especially since he so gracefully answered everyone in this thread except me, I guess my post is conflicting with his paranoia.
I hardly see Christians and Jews on this forum target Muhammad, but I do see Muslims insulting some of the most well established theories of humanity such as evolution, and telling Jews and Christians that their holy scriptures were corrupated by them.

Last edited:

Sahar

It's not expected from a non Muslim to have the same respect we hold for Musa for example. But it exceed being a matter of respect or love, it is matter of dirtiness, the dirtiness of their propaganda and the filth and lies that they spread to pollute ignorants minds.

It can be looked from different aspects; historically, ideologically and politically.
For example, look at the propagandistic lies that were spread by the Crusaders about Muslims to urge their followers to invade the Muslim lands. The nowadays Europe and West are still captured by their ancestors' mentality; the Crusaders' mentality; . So we shouldn't be surprised that the same methods and lies are being used now to invade our lands and control our nations again.
Islam is the enemy of kufr, falsehood, corruption and greed so it's not surprise that they feel threatened by Islam and not surprise that they try their hardest to fight it with every possible means.

"They want to extinguish the light of Allāh with their mouths, but Allāh will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it." Holy Qur'an
As a matter of fact this anti-Islamic propaganda is not new, enemies of the truth didn't save any effort since day one of the revelation. Even before the revelation to prophet Muhammad pbuh, this is a universal sunnah, sunnah of this life, wherever and whenever the truth is, we will always find its enemies.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
You know, to be honest, I have no idea what Fatihah is talking about, especially since he so gracefully answered everyone in this thread except me, I guess my post is conflicting with his paranoia.
I hardly see Christians and Jews on this forum target Muhammad, but I do see Muslims insulting some of the most well established theories of humanity such as evolution, and telling Jews and Christians that their holy scriptures were corrupated by them.

And they deny the Crucifiction,which is an insult in itself.

Kodanshi

StygnosticA
telling Jews and Christians that their holy scriptures were corrupated by them.

Each radical religious break from convention has come due to social, economic, political, and other factors at that time. This makes each such religion a contextually grounded, living, breathing response to the circumstances from which it emerged. Sometimes it drew upon and added to thoroughly documented traditions of the time (Judaism, for instance, with the God of Micah seen as the same as the God of Noah despite hugely differing portrayals of the Deity). At other times these religious responses arose from and then broke away completely (such as with Christianity), or emerged from totally different circumstances and drew upon elements already present (such as Islam).

Jews documented their nationalist history extensively (though most likely from their captivity in Babylon onwards, and thus drawing upon Babylonian myths and legends too) and certainly knew their religion thoroughly. They proved eloquent in these matters and consummate at exegesis, midrash and religious debate.

So when people presented Yeshua‘ (Jesus) as THE Messiah expected by the Jews they had a fight on their hands, not least of which because nothing in Judaism predicted a messiah who would die before emancipating them. Earliest Christians naturally came from Jewish stock. Accordingly they drew upon Jewish history (they had to so that others would engage them in debate). Gentile Christians, therefore, had to subsume the entire Tanakh as their Old Testament in order to establish Jesus’ place within history — only to break him away from it.

Of course, Muhammad had a much more radical, even grandiloquent, solution: simply to declare that the Jews and Christians had corrupted their holy books and had strayed from their true path. Therefore he had no need to argue with them on their own religious grounds.

Fatihah

your welcome !its the overriding question everyone wants to know , pity you didn't answer it.I am guessing its "its nothing to do with Islam" but please tell me which Quran was Mullah Omar reading?

Response: A few questions:
Exactly how does your question fit in with the topic of thread? Who is Mullah Omar? And if you also believe that the teachings of islam is not peace, (not knowing if you do or not) why haven't you shown from the qur'an or sunnah evidence for the claim?

Fatihah

Response: My apologies if you think I ignored you. Your post in my opinion didn't really address the question as to why is there propaganda against islam nor did it really oppose the issue. You yourself said that you have nothing against Muhammad so after all that being said, I really had nothing to say against your post.

However I did overlook your comment that islam is a jewish monotheism that spread throughout Arabia. What do you mean by this?

Fatihah

It's not expected from a non Muslim to have the same respect we hold for Musa for example. But it exceed being a matter of respect or love, it is matter of dirtiness, the dirtiness of their propaganda and the filth and lies that they spread to pollute ignorants minds.

It can be looked from different aspects; historically, ideologically and politically.
For example, look at the propagandistic lies that were spread by the Crusaders about Muslims to urge their followers to invade the Muslim lands. The nowadays Europe and West are still captured by their ancestors' mentality; the Crusaders' mentality; . So we shouldn't be surprised that the same methods and lies are being used now to invade our lands and control our nations again.
Islam is the enemy of kufr, falsehood, corruption and greed so it's not surprise that they feel threatened by Islam and not surprise that they try their hardest to fight it with every possible means.

"They want to extinguish the light of Allāh with their mouths, but Allāh will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it." Holy Qur'an
As a matter of fact this anti-Islamic propaganda is not new, enemies of the truth didn't save any effort since day one of the revelation. Even before the revelation to prophet Muhammad pbuh, this is a universal sunnah, sunnah of this life, wherever and whenever the truth is, we will always find its enemies.

Response: Let's not forget that it was a Pope of christianity that started the crusades. But they never want to remind us of that. Why? Because underneath it all, even the media knows that the religion of islam has nothing to do with what's going on in the middle east. The problems within those countries comes from the mess that others have done in the name of their religion or their politics, not islam.