• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof Against Evolution

Ryan2065

The question I have is 'is there evidence that natural selection on occasions has preferred the new 'offshoot' lifeform over its ancestors? This is definitely true for minor variations, it is also possible for a major change. I am too skeptical of the evidence that evolutionists provide to believe in it.
Common sense tells you this... Then again depends what you mean by "major change"... The development of a sensitivity to light could be very beneficial to a creature that could dry out in the sunlight... The development of flight obviously is a great development for any animal... There are other things that would be great developments that could have helped animals... Development of scales for some armor =p I could keep going on.

Many would say that if minor changes are proven, and evolution is just a great series of minor steps, then why not believe in the power of evolution?
What do you mean by the power of evolution?

Because I have not been shown the evidence where many small changes changed one species into something totally different. The fruitflies under the x-ray doesn't do it for me. Just because it is mathematically probable that animals will evolve over many years doesn't make it true. I find it very hard to believe in anything unless I see harder evidence than this.
So just becasue it can happen and there is evidence in the fossils that it did happen isn't enough for you that it did happen? You would still rather believe that God just said "Bam, animals" and they were there?

I would have no problem believing in evolution if only I was shown more substantial evidence. If there is, refer me to it(books, websites, journals, etc)
More substantial evidence than what? What do you know of evolution already? A quick google search gives me this...
http://www.google.com/search?q=evol...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Just a question for you evolutionists, which of you believe in punctuated equilibrium, and which of you don't, and why or why not?
To me it all depends on the conditions for evolution... If there is a time where animals would be more prone to mutations or a place where this might occur then I would say that in this time there would be more mutations... Otherwise the mutations are gradual over time.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
joeboonda said:
So where did life come from? I believe in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth..

You can believe whatever you want. That's not in dispute here.

[/quote]God, being outside time, has always existed, and we finite humans cannot understand all that.[/quote]

Now you presume to speak for all of us. It's not hard for me to understand because i don't believe in gods.

joeboonda said:
But we do know we cannot get life from non-life. So, for me, evolution is a fairy-tail: billions and billions of years ago...long ago, in a land far away....

First if you had ANY understanding of evolution it is not explaning the beginning of a species rather the changing of a species do to certain conditions. Check this link out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flu

This is but a tiny example.

joeboonda said:
It is much easier for me to believe that God created us than to believe in evolution. But if folks want to believe the fairy tales, that the princess kissed a frog and it became a prince, or we came from a frog or monkey or some such nonsense, that is their choice. I will trust in the Lord who loved me and died for me, and saved me freely, and in eternal life, and in a purpose for life.

For this your mind will never be able to comprhend. You have already done what you have accused us of doing. Your scriptures are full of gods, spirits, ghost, devils, deamons, magic, astrology, fortune telling..shall i go on????? But yet you accused us in believing in fairy tales.

joeboonda said:
You believe we came from an evolved animal, go live like one.

No...because of your lack of understanding YOU believe that we believe this. Why all the hostility all of a sudden? Science is not here to prove your way of life as being wrong. Science DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR WAY OF LIFE.

joeboonda said:
But I assure you, God is real, and death and judgement are, too. I myself wish to be clothed in Christ's righteousness freely imputed to me, rather than in my own, which is as filthy rags before a Holy God.

It is your right to belive this if you choose. If the debate was above your head....your understanding them maybe....just maybe you should not have commented.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
sandy whitelinger said:
Life arising from non-life in the universe must follow the laws of the universe. God comes from a place that exists outside of this universe and is not subject to the same laws. This is also why asking how God began is irrelevent, ie. in a place where there is no time there is no beginning.

where does this assumption come from?

God is outside of time.....

can some one provide evidence of this? Or it it something that is written in scriptures written by the hands of men?

so it is written so it is true.

Let's stick with this.... in the beginning there was God... God created all there is.... space and time.....

If there was nothing and then God created it.... then it stands to reason that everything is GOD...so God is God which includes space and time. If God seperates himself from its self then he has become more than one god....

i never really cared for spookism....

Please lt's stay on topic.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
universal_brother said:
Evolution is fact? Show me these FACTS please.
Show me any evidence please, not conjecture, or theories without real science.

SURE. I'm not sure if this is satisfactory for you or others...... but you will always see me point out the flu virus. This bugger has the ability to adapt to various conditions. Read more at wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flu

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
rocka21 said:
So the origin of Life is not a theory , it is PROVEN? as your above statement suggest.

creation is a theory- big bang is a theory

don't you think when you teach a child, he should here both sides in PUBLIC school, not just ONE.

And on a side note. notice the more we teach children the come from animals the more the start acting like one. Just go walk through your local public school. They took God out of school a long time ago and what did we get. BIG BANG- guns, cussing teachers, disrespect, fornication, etc, etc., but I am sure one has nothing to do with the other. science can explain it all. :D
</IMG>

PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work in a public school system and this is not true at all. There are people who are religious and act like animals in the name of their faith.

kids in public schools are multi-denominational. We even have atheist in the schools so you are suggesting that we now teach all ways of life in conjunction with the usual math, science, history etc??????

Some kids can barely read, write or speak their language.....so religion is the last thing we need to be teaching them. That's what their parents, priest, ministers, imams etc. are for.

XAAX

Jerrell said:
To beleive in evolution is to believe that almost everything "just happened." Evolution cannot explain the begining. At what point did something exist? Did all things come from that same Big Bang point? What chance was there that life would arise out of all of this?

Jerrell, I would not except this oversimplification of evolution if you really are interested in understanding it. Try studying subjects like biology, miro-biology, geology, archeology, chemistry, and organic chemistry. There may be a few I left out but understanding those will shed a lot more light on your theory. Nothing "just happened". It was a change that went about over billions of years. These changes are still going on all throughout our universe.

Flappycat

Jerrell said:
I was standing outside by my house and i saw a tree. Where does a tree come from? From a seed? and the seed comes from a tree? Which came first? What is the chance that the tree just happened to have roots, that happened to know how to obsorbed water, and the tree happened to have a trunk, which happened to know how to transfer water to the leaves, and it just happened to have leaves, that knew how to obsorbed light from the sun, and it just happened to know how to store it, and so on, and so on.
The ones that didn't make it either died or devolved into a valuable foodsource for their more successful cousins.

Paraprakrti

Custom User
I don't believe in evolution in the sense that I do not believe one creature evolves eventually into a vastly different one. Otherwise, a certain degree of change I accept. I am not a Christian, but I do believe that variegated organisms exist (are created), not as a product of evolution, but as a result of variegated desires. The will of the living entity comes before the material manifestation because, simply put, the living entity comes before the material manifestation, at least in my view of reality.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
so the giraffs neck gets longer because he wants it to?

what if the single celled organism realized that teaming up with his fellows made life better/easier?

wa:do

Flappycat

Paraprakrti said:
I don't believe in evolution in the sense that I do not believe one creature evolves eventually into a vastly different one. Otherwise, a certain degree of change I accept. I am not a Christian, but I do believe that variegated organisms exist (are created), not as a product of evolution, but as a result of variegated desires. The will of the living entity comes before the material manifestation because, simply put, the living entity comes before the material manifestation, at least in my view of reality.
How does this happen again?

love

tri-polar optimist
One day shortly after a big bang, I think it was on a Thursday, a nucleus was flying around and this electron started going around it in circles. This really upset the nucleus but the electron was very determined to stay in place. They soon became friends and this attracted other electrons to join in. It got very growded and was a mess so they they got together and decided there has to be some order to this, so they started grouping in patterns. After a few million years they realized they could be stronger grouped together in different patterns. Some were not as wise as others and became water but the rock was much harder and held together very strongly. But it wasn't many million years later that water realized it had properties that the rock didn't have. To make a long story short water settled on the third rock from the sun and tried to make a go of it. It settled in and soon realized it had three different states in which to operate in, hard like a rock, fluid with mobility, and vapor that it could touch everything on the surface of this big rock. Water soon began to diversify and through evolution became alive with it's own powers and man was it's crowning glory. But it wasn't too long before man thought he was more powerful than water and began to destroy things.
Is this somewhat the thoughts of an atheist? That things had the power in and of themselves to evolve into a structured universe. This is not even mentioning feelings of love and hate, good and evil, life and death.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Your explanation would make more sense if you didn't athropomorphize atoms and other non-living objects, or assign motivation to early humans. That is better left to the antrhopologists, and atheism doesn't make any such assumptions anyway. I'm sure you can find some good sites that explain the big bang theory and evolution in a clear and concise way, but I'm afraid your assessment is childish.

The idea of love, hate, greed and other emotions has little, if anything, to do with the evolutionary process. They are a social construct, and probably not even understood by early humans or animals.

uumckk16

love said:
One day shortly after a big bang, I think it was on a Thursday, a nucleus was flying around and this electron started going around it in circles. This really upset the nucleus but the electron was very determined to stay in place. They soon became friends and this attracted other electrons to join in. It got very growded and was a mess so they they got together and decided there has to be some order to this, so they started grouping in patterns. After a few million years they realized they could be stronger grouped together in different patterns. Some were not as wise as others and became water but the rock was much harder and held together very strongly. But it wasn't many million years later that water realized it had properties that the rock didn't have. To make a long story short water settled on the third rock from the sun and tried to make a go of it. It settled in and soon realized it had three different states in which to operate in, hard like a rock, fluid with mobility, and vapor that it could touch everything on the surface of this big rock. Water soon began to diversify and through evolution became alive with it's own powers and man was it's crowning glory. But it wasn't too long before man thought he was more powerful than water and began to destroy things.
Is this somewhat the thoughts of an atheist? That things had the power in and of themselves to evolve into a structured universe. This is not even mentioning feelings of love and hate, good and evil, life and death.
*Sigh*

What are you talking about? :confused:

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find an atheist who believes nucleuses can get "upset." :sarcastic

love

tri-polar optimist
Evolutionist want to start with the single cell life form. They are still starting with a life form. So I started with the most elemental form of matter, the atom and it's components,to show how ridiculous the theory of evolution is without creation or a creator. Water is the foundation of all live and it does not exist anywhere else in the known universe. Earth is in the only possible location where water can exist and even the tilting on it's axis can cause dramatic changes in the seasons. How convenient that we just happen to be in the perfect place for life to exist. Life is the creation of God and people who try to prove otherwise must be trying to hide from God.

Rough_ER

love said:
Evolutionist want to start with the single cell life form. They are still starting with a life form. So I started with the most elemental form of matter, the atom and it's components,to show how ridiculous the theory of evolution is without creation or a creator. Water is the foundation of all live and it does not exist anywhere else in the known universe. Earth is in the only possible location where water can exist and even the tilting on it's axis can cause dramatic changes in the seasons. How convenient that we just happen to be in the perfect place for life to exist. Life is the creation of God and people who try to prove otherwise must be trying to hide from God.

Tell me, would you expect life to occur in a place where life cannot exist? Of course we are on a planet where life can exist, if we weren't we wouldn't be here talking about it.

uumckk16

love said:
Evolutionist want to start with the single cell life form. They are still starting with a life form. So I started with the most elemental form of matter, the atom and it's components,to show how ridiculous the theory of evolution is without creation or a creator. Water is the foundation of all live and it does not exist anywhere else in the known universe. Earth is in the only possible location where water can exist and even the tilting on it's axis can cause dramatic changes in the seasons. How convenient that we just happen to be in the perfect place for life to exist.
Waaaait a second.

Unless a good portion of what my astronomy teacher taught me was a load of crap, you are absolutely wrong.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/050907_ceres_planet.html
http://curator.jsc.nasa.gov/antmet/marsmets/water.cfm
http://science.nasa.gov/newhome/headlines/ast27aug99_2.htm

love said:
Life is the creation of God and people who try to prove otherwise must be trying to hide from God.
I do not believe God created life directly.

I believe in God and am certainly not trying to hide from God.

Hm.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
ok, lets clear some things up... Earth is not the only place life can exist.

Life doesn't need Oxygen
Life doesn't need Sunlight
Life survives Sulfuric Acid, Freezing cold, crushing pressure, boiling heat.

Water is everywhere in the Univerce. On Mars, Europa, Titan, in the clouds of Venus, possibly the Moon and countless other places. Water is one of the simplest molicules formed in Nature.

wa:do

Paraprakrti

Custom User
Flappycat said:
How does this happen again?

The idea is that living entities are not physical beings and instead exist prior to material manifestation. The universe is then manifest according to the desires of these living entities. This is contrary to the idea that a dull matter evolves into desiring beings. The basic idea here is that dull matter does absolutely nothing until it is moved or agitated by a living entity. This universe exists because there is the general desire to be our own controllers and enjoyers; to be our own Gods.

jmaster78

sandy whitelinger said:
When did the Finns patent their own evolutionary product?

It would be interesting to count (or estimate) the individual changes involved in getting from the beginning to now, including all the species, and calculate how often a change had to happen to get to where we are. I wonder if there has been enough time.

Time? sure it can be done in 6 days???