• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Problems with the Trinity

rrobs

That is contradicting what you said before: So that's the problem of bastardizing God's perfect word. It's literally a matter of eternal life or death. (73)

Unless you can clarify, how can you bastardize gods word about saying jesus is god but on the same token say that saying jesus is god doesnt influence ones salvation?

Can you continue to bastardize god word on purpose and still be saved?
OK, I'll have another go at it for you.

Jesus being God or not is in realm of the renewed mind. It has nothing to do with salvation.

The new birth (salvation) is based on Romans 10:9. That's the one thing you can't bastardize. The only way to salvation is through Christ Jesus. You must get that part right.

After that, you can do whatever you want with the scriptures. You can bastardize them from here to Mars and back. Not recommended, of course, but it won't affect your salvation. Once you confess Jesus as Lord and believe God raised him from the dead, God perfects you forever, all by grace and not by works. You're heaven bound and all hell can't sop you.

Beyond the one simple requirement of Rom 10:9 it matters not how you read the scriptures, i.e. how you renew your mind. It does affect this life, but not eternal life. Getting born again is not dependent on whether or not someone renews their mind. The new birth and the renewed mind are two different animals.

rrobs

If so, by what sin did jesus save you from if you (people) keep sining despite what he has done for you?
We all sin, before as well as after our new birth. Sin is in the flesh and the new birth has zero affect on the flesh.

1 John is clear that we all sin. It says that if we say we don't sin, we are liars. It also says that the born again child of God has an advocate (defense attorney) that intercedes between us and God. It says that if simply acknowledge our sins, God is faithful to forgive them and cleans us from all unrighteousness. None of that is available to the natural man who is not born again by confessing Jesus as Lord and believing God raised him from the dead.

Anybody who thinks they have a chance at living a sin free life after their new birth is fooling themselves, and according to 1 John 1:10 we make God a liar. The new birth is a spiritual event, a free gift of God, and as I've said over and over has no effect whatsoever on the flesh. The flesh will absolutely continue to sin. Thanks to Jesus' sacrifice though, we have that defense attorney who gets us off the hook every time.

Read the first chapter of 1 John for more info. I don't know what more I can tell you. If you continue to see what I've said as contradicting, so be it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It says that if simply acknowledge our sins, God is faithful to forgive them and cleans us from all unrighteousness.
Ah, that may be a hard sell to Donald J. Trump as he says he doesn't need God's forgiveness nor does he need to pray.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, not him.

rrobs

Ah, that may be a hard sell to Donald J. Trump as he says he doesn't need God's forgiveness nor does he need to pray.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, not him.
Geez, I never heard that before, but I'm not surprised. He's full of "interesting" ideas. I wonder where he gets them? Not from the scriptures, that's for sure!