• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro-Life by most really mean Pro-Birth

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes... but it works so well.

Take the example of the anti-choicers who conflate the last 2 months of pregnancy with the entire span of 9 months-- as if a blob of tissue is a baby from the moment of conception ...
If one takes a particular religious view, that conflation is understandable.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm not here to fix your 100% lack of Biology Education. Google the stages of human pregnancy.

Did you know, that prior to about 4 months, 99% of people cannot tell the difference between a fetal pig, a fetal elephant or a fetal human?

I bet you did not know that-- just like you think early fetuses have ... thumbs.

Sad. TYPICAL, but sad...
Biology? :facepalm:

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 10.29.47 AM.png

Yes... just like a piglet.:facepalm:

OMG - THUMBS :D

Bob the Unbeliever

Yes it is always illegal to kill..

No. It's not. War? It's not only not illegal to kill, it's mandatory.

The Death Penalty? That's not illegal-- that is a legal killing of someone.

Defending yourself from a home invader? It's quite legal to use deadly force to protect your home, your family and so on.

In Florida and other Stand Your Ground states? It's also quite legal to kill someone you only believe is threatening your life.

Murder is a Legal term-- to commit murder requires certain Legally Defined Events.

Abortions never qualify under the word "illegal", at least not in most of the sane parts on Earth.

shmogie

But according to your religion we are all stained with the taint of sin from conception and therefore we are all guilty.
This isn´ a religious discussion as far as I am concerned, it is a legal one. Specifically it is about the Constitution, and unalienable rights for every person.

Bob the Unbeliever

If one takes a particular religious view, that conflation is understandable.

Yes, but it's disingenuous to conflate a blob of flesh with having thumbs, breathing and so on.

Heck-- the blob has a heartbeat long before it has a brain....

I find that the majority of Anti-Choice crowd? Have absolutely zero clue WHAT happens during pregnancy....

They seem to think that once the sperm penetrates the egg? MAGIC-- instantly, and fully formed, tiny human-- replete with 4 limbs, all the organs-- just microscopic in size....

If the consequences of this pure ignorance were not so Evil, it'd be laughable.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No. It's not. War? It's not only not illegal to kill, it's mandatory.

The Death Penalty? That's not illegal-- that is a legal killing of someone.

Defending yourself from a home invader? It's quite legal to use deadly force to protect your home, your family and so on.

In Florida and other Stand Your Ground states? It's also quite legal to kill someone you only believe is threatening your life.

Murder is a Legal term-- to commit murder requires certain Legally Defined Events.

Abortions never qualify under the word "illegal", at least not in most of the sane parts on Earth.
I am aware of the law of the country, but if it go against buddhism i will follow buddhist way of life, so.
I do not take part in military activity (war or in peacetime)
I do not defend my self exept from blocking punch.
I am not for death penalty.

Bob the Unbeliever

I am aware of the law of the country, but if it go against buddhism i will follow buddhist way of life, so.
I do not take part in military activity (war or in peacetime)
I do not defend my self exept from blocking punch.
I am not for death penalty.

So? You used the word "illegal" which has very specific meaning.

The root "legal" requires Law. Since there is no Supra-Over-Arching Authority which governs all life on Earth equally? (No magic overlord or god(s))

It was pretty safe to assume you mean Human Law, and I gave examples from the USA. Again, another assumption, since the OP was arguing with respect to USA Law...

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So? You used the word "illegal" which has very specific meaning.

The root "legal" requires Law. Since there is no Supra-Over-Arching Authority which governs all life on Earth equally? (No magic overlord or god(s))

It was pretty safe to assume you mean Human Law, and I gave examples from the USA. Again, another assumption, since the OP was arguing with respect to USA Law...
You follow human political law,
Buddha gave the 5 precepts the once i follow
1. I take as a training precept to refrain from taking life.
2. I take as a training precept to refrain from taking that which is not freely given.
3. I take as a training precept to refrain from sexual misconduct.
4. I take as a training precept to refrain from unwise/unskillful speech.
5. I take as a training precept to refrain from intoxication that clouds the mind.

Political laws that do not contradict this is ok for me to follow too, But since i mostly never leave the home i can still manage the day with the 5 precepts

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I see you ignored my question about killing.....

Are you as strict vegan? Who only consumes 100% artificial foods, none of which came from any living system, being or thing?
As i stated and as buddha has said before me, animals should not be killed for food or any other reason, Plants/flower can be eaten, but not everything is psossible to eat. Will it give karma to those who do eat plants? yes some, but in human form we do need to eat something, and stones can not be eaten (as far as i know)

Killing means taking life like human beings, animals, birds, fish. insects

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, but it's disingenuous to conflate a blob of flesh with having thumbs, breathing and so on.

Heck-- the blob has a heartbeat long before it has a brain....

I find that the majority of Anti-Choice crowd? Have absolutely zero clue WHAT happens during pregnancy....

They seem to think that once the sperm penetrates the egg? MAGIC-- instantly, and fully formed, tiny human-- replete with 4 limbs, all the organs-- just microscopic in size....

If the consequences of this pure ignorance were not so Evil, it'd be laughable.
I still wouldn't presume they're disingenuous.
Religion can lead people to beliefs which confound the heathen.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
A deep philosophical quotation from one of the greatest thinkers of our time. The founder of planned parenthood, a eugenic racist who set up the organization to kill black babies, would be proud.
I sincerely wish that people who oppose elective abortions would get better educated about what Planned Parenthood actually does in the 21st century.

PP not only delivers women's healthcare without regard for ability to pay, they prevent more crisis pregnancies and therefore more abortions than all the preaching and "abstinence only" education ever done.

If you really oppose irresponsible heterosex and the abortions that result, or the badly raised kids, or the taxpayers dollars spent supporting those kids,

SUPPORT PLANNED PARENTHOOD!

They actually prevent abortions, instead of just talking about punishing people afterwards.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As i stated and as buddha has said before me, animals should not be killed for food or any other reason, Plants/flower can be eaten, but not everything is psossible to eat. Will it give karma to those who do eat plants? yes some, but in human form we do need to eat something, and stones can not be eaten (as far as i know)

Killing means taking life like human beings, animals, birds, fish. insects
Killing is just an unavoidable part of life.
(Oxymoronic, eh?)
We only get to choose which lives we kill.
So to say all killing is wrong....that's troubling.
Instead, just give thought to the who, when & how of it.