• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro-abortionists are going on a sex strike

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't see how rewarding men is going to help there cause but ok :)

I think misinformation has lots to do with that. Birth control pills are rumored to be harmful...they say they make you gain weight...and so on.

All the girls I know have been taking it. They are thin.
One of them has got pregnant at 38 for the first time in her life, after 4 years of trying. (It was wanted pregnancy).

tarasan

I think misinformation has lots to do with that. Birth control pills are rumored to be harmful...they say they make you gain weight...and so on.

One of them has got pregnant at 38 for the first time in her life, after 4 years of trying. (It was wanted pregnancy).

I mean personally I think it's great that people are thinking harder about who they sleep with, for a variety of reasons.

A part of me thinks that for some of these women it's a gotcha moment. Like "this will show men!" Personally.... I'm ok with it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I mean personally I think it's great that people are thinking harder about who they sleep with, for a variety of reasons.

A part of me thinks that for some of these women it's a gotcha moment. Like "this will show men!" Personally.... I'm ok with it.

Of course. It is a form of protest and this needs to be respected. ;)
Let's not forget that so many women couldn't care less, because they have always used contraceptives and have always enjoyed sex with men. Because there is the right to enjoy sex.

tarasan

Of course. It is a form of protest and this needs to be respected. ;)
Let's not forget that so many women couldn't care less, because they have always used contraceptives and have always enjoyed sex with men. Because there is the right to enjoy sex.

I dunno it's a bit too funny .

I dunno if there is a right to enjoy sex, but people should definitely have the ability to seek it out.

I mean I wouldn't like to think infringed on someone's human rights because I gave them a disappointing time.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

I dunno if there is a right to enjoy sex, but people should definitely have the ability to seek it out.

I mean I wouldn't like to think infringed on someone's human rights because I gave them a disappointing time.
Sex between consenting adults.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Let's not forget that this ruling was made 50 years ago when contraception science was pretty primitive.
Now contraceptives are countless, cheap, and available thanks to overwhelming information.

So...a woman who says: "I will not take any contraceptive but I want to have the right to have an abortion if I get pregnant"...well...no comment.

tarasan

Let's not forget that this ruling was made 50 years ago when contraception science was pretty primitive.
Now contraceptives are countless, cheap, and available thanks to overwhelming information.

So...a woman who says: "I will not take any contraceptive but I want to have the right to have an abortion if I get pregnant"...well...no comment.

As a pro lifer I do struggle with abortion as a contractive.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The 3% number I got from this site, which actually advocates FOR waiting. The Unspoken Truth About Waiting Until Marriage.

Where I said "most," I get that from reading the literature of most of the world. Some of it is historical (read about transhumance, for example, where young people were sent off with the herds, and many came back pregnant). Read Shakespeare (Edmund was the illegitimate son of the Earl of Gloucester,, who admits "and the whore son must be acknowledged"). Actually, reading can provide you a great deal of information. I find it tragic that so few people do it, or only do it with books they are already predisposed to believe without question.

And yet, as the site mentioned, the unspoken gem is there:
"Before I met my now-husband, I had never really met someone who I wanted to be with," Erica, 30, explained, "I've had my fair share of chances of course, but it never felt right." Like Clementine, Erica said she hadn't planned on waiting until she was married to have sex, but said "it was never a big part" of her and her partner's relationship and she knew she wanted her "first time to be special."

One atheist by the name of Leo has completely taken the matter of religion out of the equation, and instead said he's waiting is to have a "better chance at a successful marriage" and to form a "healthy self image" — among other reasons.

Read More: The Unspoken Truth About Waiting Until Marriage

Of course, when we teach our children that sex before marriage is ok, take children to drag queen events, it imbeds psychological issues.

Just recently a teenage girl was set free from what an older person tried to do when she was in a school stairway. But I know you understand how that affects everything in ones life.

But I think we can logically assume that if before contraceptives there wasn't a plethora of abortions or oops babies and after the sexual revolution there is, then we can stay that before most people waited.

Truth in love

Please don't use the Phrase "Pro-abortion".

No one is pro-abortion, people just want the choice and that means abortion must not be excluded as an option.

Really no, you may have noticed the recent targeting of crisis pregnancy centers for vandalism. Which don't force anything they just offer a choice. There are many people who are pro abortion.

Also to a very large degree the pro choice crowed are fine with people have very few other choices.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
"Before I met my now-husband, I had never really met someone who I wanted to be with," Erica, 30, explained, "I've had my fair share of chances of course, but it never felt right." Like Clementine, Erica said she hadn't planned on waiting until she was married to have sex, but said "it was never a big part" of her and her partner's relationship and she knew she wanted her "first time to be special."

One atheist by the name of Leo has completely taken the matter of religion out of the equation, and instead said he's waiting is to have a "better chance at a successful marriage" and to form a "healthy self image" — among other reasons.

Of course, when we teach our children that sex before marriage is ok, take children to drag queen events, it imbeds psychological issues.

Just recently a teenage girl was set free from what an older person tried to do when she was in a school stairway. But I know you understand how that affects everything in ones life.

But I think we can logically assume that if before contraceptives there wasn't a plethora of abortions or oops babies and after the sexual revolution there is, then we can stay that before most people waited.
Isn't it something of a mug's game to take individual stories and generalize from them to all humanity? Some people like eating bugs, therefore everybody likes eating bugs?

But that seems, sometimes, what religion demands --- "everybody line up and be identical, right now. Differences in perspective, tastes and lifestyles make us uncomfortable."

Kenny

Premium Member
Isn't it something of a mug's game to take individual stories and generalize from them to all humanity? Some people like eating bugs, therefore everybody likes eating bugs?

But that seems, sometimes, what religion demands --- "everybody line up and be identical, right now. Differences in perspective, tastes and lifestyles make us uncomfortable."

I don't think it is about what my faith demands (other religions may offer a different viewpoints)

Free will is still my position. But principles are universal.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

How does that support you? Okay, a small percentage of people waned to wait until they were married to have sex. No one is saying that one has to have sex before one is married. But most do. And for most that is a good thing. This is shown by divorce rates. The group in the US that has just about the worst divorce rates are white evangelical Christians. You should ask yourself why. This is the group least likely to have sex before marriage. As I said in a debate with another poster sexual compatibility is a very important part of a relationship. If one is forced to marry first the odds of being with someone that is incompatible in that area goes up. And it appears that the divorce rate does too.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Really no, you may have noticed the recent targeting of crisis pregnancy centers for vandalism. Which don't force anything they just offer a choice. There are many people who are pro abortion.

Also to a very large degree the pro choice crowed are fine with people have very few other choices.
No. "crisis pregnancy centers" usually just offer a lie. And people rightfully resent that. Especially now with the immoral USSC decision. People are pro abortion rights. That is not the same as being "pro abortion". It is a fix that is needed at times.

I am not "pro burial". But when a person dies we sooner or later need to so something with the body. Burial is one of several options.

Kenny

Premium Member
As I said in a debate with another poster sexual compatibility is a very important part of a relationship. If one is forced to marry first the odds of being with someone that is incompatible in that area goes up. And it appears that the divorce rate does too.
What is sexual compatibility?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What is sexual compatibility?
You have to ask? I have pity on your wife.

People have different likes, dislikes, drives etc. Having a partner with similar sexual traits is a huge plus in a union. For example if a guy, or a girl for that matter, wants sex every day and the partner once it only once a month one is setting oneself up for cheating. That is unless the partner with a low drive is fine with his or her partner getting satisfied elsewhere. Evangelicals tend to force their followers to get married at a young age when they are very inexperienced in such matters and that is probably why they have such high divorce rates.

Kenny

Premium Member
You have to ask? I have pity on your wife.

People have different likes, dislikes, drives etc. Having a partner with similar sexual traits is a huge plus in a union. For example if a guy, or a girl for that matter, wants sex every day and the partner once it only once a month one is setting oneself up for cheating. That is unless the partner with a low drive is fine with his or her partner getting satisfied elsewhere. Evangelicals tend to force their followers to get married at a young age when they are very inexperienced in such matters and that is probably why they have such high divorce rates.

Interesting concept.

It appears, with the proliferation of the human trafficking, sexual compatibility doesn't seem to be a problem.

Actually, as one who has done counseling with innumerable secular and religious marriages, sexual compatibility has never been the issue. It may create some frustration for sure, but it is never the reason for divorce.

Experience in that area comes whether or not you marry young or older. Is there even any logic here?
You get experience whether you marry young or just have 50 partners (if that is your style). Time will always give you "more experience". This is absurd. IMV.

Is marriage just about sex? I doubt it very much.

Forced marriages? Do you have a supported documentation or is this just hot air.

Is there a deeper issue here?

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member

I always wondered if the difficulty of having children is a result of the chemicals of the pill are still lingering?

I also wondered if our two miscarriages had to do with the effect of the lingering chemicals.

Just thinking and have no supportive documentation

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Interesting concept.

It appears, with the proliferation of the human trafficking, sexual compatibility doesn't seem to be a problem.

Actually, as one who has done counseling with innumerable secular and religious marriages, sexual compatibility has never been the issue. It may create some frustration for sure, but it is never the reason for divorce.

Experience in that area comes whether or not you marry young or older. Is there even any logic here?
You get experience whether you marry young or just have 50 partners (if that is your style). Time will always give you "more experience". This is absurd. IMV.

Is marriage just about sex? I doubt it very much.

Forced marriages? Do you have a supported documentation or is this just hot air.

Is there a deeper issue here?
Please, human trafficking appears to be largely a made up antisex bugaboo. Are there sex workers? Yes. Are very many of them victims of trafficking? It does not appear that way.

That you cannot support your beliefs properly is very telling.

And you can't even seem to understand how evangelical Christianity is forcing people to marry young. You cannot expect people to take your "counseling' claims serious when you write posts like this.