• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Privacy: one more Republican scare tactic on ACA

How would you know? Do you watch Fox News? Better watch what you say or those Cyber Sisters will be after you; you know how that hate Fox News.
I read the Fox News article you posted about this hearing, which was highly misleading. The actual footage of the hearing is more enlightening.

esmith

Veteran Member
I read the Fox News article you posted about this hearing, which was highly misleading. The actual footage of the hearing is more enlightening.

Yes and I suspect I know your objection, so as one administrator told me "if you want us to believe you, you will have to use sources that we accept" or words to that effect. So to satisfy that administrator I will give you this one. That is if it is acceptable.
HHS Inspector General: Obamacare Privacy Protections Way Behind Schedule; Rampant Violations Of Law Possible - Forbes

esmith

Veteran Member
I take Forbes with a grain of salt. They have phony quotes attributed to Cicero about the budget, and the last Forbes article you posted was about a WSJ article getting its info from a blog post.

Oh, sorry you don't take the HSS Inspector General as a reliable source. How about Obama? Nope I don't take that as a reliable source.

Oh, sorry you don't take the HSS Inspector General as a reliable source. How about Obama? Nope I don't take that as a reliable source.
There's one actual quote from the Inspector in that article, and the title of the article appears to be a gross exaggeration of that quote.

dust1n

Zindīq
Actually, The HSS Inspector General is not quoted or even mentioned. There is the Deputy Inspector General, though, and he was so from '89-'92, according from the piece originally quoted, in which it says HHS General Counsel. That's strange, because the OGC (legal team) and OIG (office of general inspector) are two totally separate branches of the HHS. There's also the OCIG, the Office Counsel for the Inspector General.

"After working briefly for the Boston law firm of Ropes & Gray, he served as Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Human Services Legislation at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Counselor to the Commissioner of Social Security, Associate Counsel to Presidents Reagan and Bush, and General Counsel of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. He successfully tried the first federal HIV discrimination enforcement case and successfully argued the first federal patient dumping enforcement case. While General Counsel of HHS, he had a concurrent appointment on the U.S. Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board during the period when the Board issued many of the first regulations under the Americans with Disability Act."

http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/factsheets/astrue.htm

Is the "political analyst" of Forbes even aware of who he quotes?

Last edited:
Is the "political analyst" of Forbes even aware of who he quotes?
Forbes tends to be sloppy and that sloppiness ALWAYS goes in a particular ideological direction. Still, I rank it one tier above Fox News.

At the end of the day we have a Forbes article from August 7, quoting a govt. official on what may happen if certain things don't happen by October 1. It's long past October 1 so at best this article is outdated compared to the video posted in the OP on the same topic.

dust1n

Zindīq
Forbes tends to be sloppy and that sloppiness ALWAYS goes in a particular ideological direction. Still, I rank it one tier above Fox News.

At the end of the day we have a Forbes article from August 7, quoting a govt. official on what may happen if certain things don't happen by October 1. It's long past October 1 so at best this article is outdated compared to the video posted in the OP on the same topic.

That's what I was thinking... speculation on problems, but no actual problems reported.

esmith

Veteran Member
True but just to put this in perspective, the unknowns have been shaking out for 3 years. Most of the ACA has already been implemented. Has the world ended?

No, the biggest part of the ACA has not been implemented. You seem to forget that people can not access the system to get the major part of the program.....the insurance.

No, the biggest part of the ACA has not been implemented. You seem to forget that people can not access the system to get the major part of the program.....the insurance.
85% of Americans already have insurance which complies with the ACA. This has been true for 3 years now. Those requirements include: 80% minimum medical cost ratio, no lifetime maximums, free preventive care, guaranteed coverage for 10 "essential" benefits, no maximums on prescription coverage, and dependents cannot be kicked off before age 26.

Again, has the world ended?

tytlyf

Not Religious
How would you know? Do you watch Fox News? Better watch what you say or those Cyber Sisters will be after you; you know how that hate Fox News.
It's safe to assume that fox would edit the video. They don't want their viewers to hear facts.
What does that have to do with the hearing and HIPAA compliance? The republican congressman had no idea what he was talking about.
We will just have to wait for all the unknowns to be shaking out to get the answer.
Unknowns? Not many left, care to share what you feel we don't know yet?

esmith

Veteran Member
It's safe to assume that fox would edit the video. They don't want their viewers to hear facts.
No, it is your contention that it is true. Why don't you watch a weeks worth of their "News" programs, say Shepard Smith Reporting which is on Monday through Friday then report back what you found incorrect or objectionable. Now you must watch and not rely on 2nd or 3rd party commentary. I will go as far to agree to watch or read any news source, that I can get, that you want me to. Sound like a deal?

What does that have to do with the hearing and HIPAA compliance? The republican congressman had no idea what he was talking about.
Opinion or do you have facts to support your assertion?

Unknowns? Not many left, care to share what you feel we don't know yet?
Since it is almost impossible to get onto the site and the administration has not given and numbers we do not know how many people have signed up for insurance, which insurance they selected (Medicaid or one of the plans), or the big question is what will the cost be.

Last edited: