• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pricey Tea!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Someone at RF, I think it was @Altfish , told me he doesn't drink tea that comes in tea bags, and spoke rather negatively about tea that comes in bags, which almost left me with the impression that tea bags are wrong or sinful.:eek:

It was actually my motive, ( RF motivates me to do things in real life), so I went to the store with tea that doesn't come in bags on the mind, and purchased this,
IMG_2022-03-15-13-54-21-403.jpg

It's amazing how much it cost me though! Together, they equal 200 hundred cups of tea, but I double bag my cups, I like extra strong tea, so it is a hundred cups for me!

The first person to guess how much it cost me altogether, for a hundred cups of tea, gets a winner Frubal, if you are less than 5 cents away or exactly guessing the correct price.

You don't get to use Google or you get bad luck + the wrath of the lotus tea Goddess for breaking the rules!:mad:

We go by the honor system at RF, so no cheating! ;)

I will give you hints if you are close, or if you were too high or low. Let the games begin!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
10 dollars for both?
Hint: it was more than twice that for both! I'm crazy for making the purchase, and normally never would, but I was inspired by something someone at RF mentioned, at least I bought something healthy, and tea is my favorite beverage!

Plus, it's blue lotus tea, is spiritual, has connections to Buddhism and other religions I cherish, (which I was studying yesterday, and met a cool Buddhist recently), and Chai tea has that awesome "pumpkin cinnamon" flavor to it! :)

If nobody guesses the price within five cents of it, I will show a picture of my receipt tomorrow night!

Definitely the most I have ever spent at once on a beverage that didn't contain alcohol!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Someone at RF, I think it was @Altfish , told me he doesn't drink tea that comes in tea bags, and spoke rather negatively about tea that comes in bags, which almost left me with the impression that tea bags are wrong or sinful.:eek:

It was actually my motive, ( RF motivates me to do things in real life), so I went to the store with tea that doesn't come in bags on the mind, and purchased this,
View attachment 61087

It's amazing how much it cost me though! Together, they equal 200 hundred cups of tea, but I double bag my cups, I like extra strong tea, so it is a hundred cups for me!

The first person to guess how much it cost me altogether, for a hundred cups of tea, gets a winner Frubal, if you are less than 5 cents away or exactly guessing the correct price.

You don't get to use Google or you get bad luck + the wrath of the lotus tea Goddess for breaking the rules!:mad:

We go by the honor system at RF, so no cheating! ;)

I will give you hints if you are close, or if you were too high or low. Let the games begin!
Best tea I had was actually from China.

It came in a wooden box with sliding top with very long leaves stacked inside. You seep the entire leaf in the cup adding more or less to taste.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I've never spent more than €14 on a tin of tea (100 grams /about 3.5 oz), that's $15.33 at todays rate so i guess for 2 tins almost the same size.... $30

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've never spent more than €14 on a tin of tea (100 grams /about 3.5 oz), that's $15.33 at todays rate so i guess for 2 tins almost the same size.... $30
These are smaller 3 oz

But you are the winner because you were two pennies off.

Here is my receipt:
IMG_2022-03-15-15-03-04-537.jpg

14.99 for 3 Oz, 50 cups of tea for me.

I spent two pennies shy of 30 dollars on tea. I am not a spendy person. 150 bucks can get me by on food for a month.

I don't think I will make a habit of that, but it is very high quality, good stuff! :)

I've spent more money on worse things, just to enjoy myself for 14 hours! ;)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Thank you @JustGeorge for your participation!

I know for sure you were honest, and value honesty, and also believe you when you say you never stole anything, so I'm giving you this:
PC146-FIG4107-MY340-2.jpg

But in so many ways, you win first place, bringing me closer to Philomena, Durga, Sita, Meadow, Nafisa Joseph, Gandhi, Rachel, Kali, and such! :D

images (61).jpeg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you @JustGeorge for your participation!

I know for sure you were honest, and value honesty, and also believe you when you say you never stole anything, so I'm giving you this:
View attachment 61092

But in so many ways, you win first place, bringing me closer to Philomena, Durga, Sita, Meadow, Nafisa Joseph, Gandhi, Rachel, Kali, and such! :D

View attachment 61093

One of the best awards ever!

Maybe I'll print it and put it on my wall. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
These are smaller 3 oz

But you are the winner because you were two pennies off.

Here is my receipt:
View attachment 61091

14.99 for 3 Oz, 50 cups of tea for me.

I spent two pennies shy of 30 dollars on tea. I am not a spendy person. 150 bucks can get me by on food for a month.

I don't think I will make a habit of that, but it is very high quality, good stuff! :)

I've spent more money on worse things, just to enjoy myself for 14 hours! ;)

Enjoy. Don't put your usual amount of tea in. Loose leaf tea makes a better drink than teabags. Too much/too strong and the flavour will be overwhelmed by the tannin.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
One of the best awards ever!

Maybe I'll print it and put it on my wall. :)
Awww.... you're special George, and pretty (but I only say that as a brother would tell his sister, not in any way flirting). I knew I started this thread for a reason and bought that tea for a purpose. :)

Interesting name too, because Georgann Hawkins went by George (few women go by "George"), and she was a brilliant straight-A student, influenced a lot of people, every one seemed to be drawn to her, follow her, so much that she was called "pied piper".

I called her "President George from Washington" (like first male President George Washington, she is first female President George, and perpetual Spiritual President of the USA to me, with a White House in the Spirit realm. I said she rides a white horse like George Washington as well, based on a vision of her horse in jail.

Later I found out that in images of St George the dragon slayer, he rides a white horse! And both St George and George Hawkins were decapitated for doing something Noble and virtuous! George Hawkins was trying to help out somebody who was pretending to be injured on crutches. :(

I think it's so sad when people suffer so much for an act of charity. So she forever has my prayers and blessings, that she experiences great great reward, and receives a great crown in heaven!)

I called her "President George" , 207755485_71f6f384-ac55-49b4-a69e-2c2b143fdcb0 (1).jpeg
before reading other people say she could have easily become first Lady at the White House with so much potential!

And interesting, I wasn't thinking about that when I gave you the 2nd place American flag trophy.

She is the second most important of the Capitol Hill Queens that I pray to, 2nd place! But I've never known another woman who called herself George! :)

Her last name is Hawkins, which contains the word "Hawk"! You are from "Hawk Eye State"! A sign maybe! You bring many of those signs! ;)