• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pricey Tea!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me know how it goes george, if you do indeed decide to play, and let me know if you ever decided to hide the spoons in the house! I've never played that way, and it sounds interesting! You should hide one above the fridge maybe! :D

Everyone looks above the fridge. That's where Sam hides his candy.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yorkshire England, known for Viking and Roman heritage? If I remember Christ, you and I have Vikings ancestors. I do at any rate!

I wonder if New York City, biggest city i have been to, is named after Yorkshire? I could google I but thought I'd ask if you knew first.

I believe New York got its name from the Duke of York, was originally called New Amsterdam.

York was founded by Romans, there is still a little of the roman town left, much has been built on and exists as cellars but there is some roman architecture to see. Also the Vikings played a part in the building of the city. It has a lot of history and is a nice place to visit.

And they have a Betty's tea room. You ain't never had tea until you've have a Betty's tea and fat rascal

fat-rascal-and-cinnamon.jpg

A true Yorkshire delicacy

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Enjoy. Don't put your usual amount of tea in. Loose leaf tea makes a better drink than teabags. Too much/too strong and the flavour will be overwhelmed by the tannin.
I once measured out loose leaf green tea into my French Press in the same manner as I measure out coffee, and wound up with a mass of rehydrated tea leaves filling my French Press. :oops:

ChristineM

Premium Member
I agree, and I'm someone from the other side of The Pennines

Me too. But you got to admit, they make bloody good tea. (And rhubarb)

Edit : and i used to get my coffee from Taylor's of Harrogate

Spiderman

Veteran Member

Some rhubarb is better than others? I guess so, but in my life time, all the rhubarb I ate was in Montana, and maybe some in Oregon, and it all tasted the same!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I once measured out loose leaf green tea into my French Press in the same manner as I measure out coffee, and wound up with a mass of rehydrated tea leaves filling my French Press. :oops:
Oh wow! I could totally see that! Loose leaf tea grows and can expand quite a bit! You must have had strong tea, if you measured it the same as you measure coffee!

I just made an extra strong cup of the Chai, before I noticed the tiny cute little wooden spoon that came with it, buried underneath, and it was so strong and spicey, it gave me a few hiccups, and I had to dilute it with vegan oat milk!

ChristineM

Premium Member
Some rhubarb is better than others? I guess so, but in my life time, all the rhubarb I ate was in Montana, and maybe some in Oregon, and it all tasted the same!

There is an area called "the rhubarb triangle" where rhubarb is grown in a special way. It is forced in dark sheds. Grown very quickly and harvested by candlelight while it is still young and tender. You can actually hear the rhubarb growing.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

The British make the best bloody tea on Earth! I cannot think of an Empire that was more built off tea than that one!

Would you say the British Empire was kind of a continuation of the Roman Empire?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
There is an area called "the rhubarb triangle" where rhubarb is grown in a special way. It is forced in dark sheds. Grown very quickly and harvested by candlelight while it is still young and tender. You can actually hear the rhubarb growing.
Oh wow! Why harvested by candle light? That's cool! :cool:

ChristineM

Premium Member
The British make the best bloody tea on Earth! I cannot think of an Empire that was more built off tea than that one!

Would you say the British Empire was kind of a continuation of the Roman Empire?

No, although brits probably got the idea from Rome but the British empire didn't start for 1300 years after Rome fell

ChristineM

Premium Member
Oh wow! Why harvested by candle light? That's cool! :cool:

Why? Yorkshiremen are known for their thrift, anything to save a few bob (Yorkshire term for money) on electricity bills ;-)

Really i think its to keep as much light as possible out of the sheds but don't really know. Perhaps @Rival knows, I think she's a bit north of Leeds but may have that knowledge

Spiderman

Veteran Member
No, although brits probably got the idea from Rome but the British empire didn't start for 1300 years after Rome fell
Okay! Somebody the other day told me the British Empire was a resurrection of the Roman Empire, just did not include Italy!