• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Election Ads.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Or that Congressional Republicans are more willing to be bipartisan and work for the betterment of the country than Congressional Democrats.

Do you know whether his plan was horribly flawed or do you just “believe” it because it’s Trump?
From what I remember it was because it was a bad plan. It has been years now. You would be hard pressed to find any plan of Trump's that was good for the country.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I think that you meant "cliche'". And Biden did that. Trump did almost nothing for infrastructure. But Biden will remind people of that. And he will also remind people that the inflation caused by the pandemic and then aggravated by Russia has been largely alleviated in this country. Oh wait, you not understand inflation either. Please note, prices almost never go backwards. You seriously do not want them to go backwards. When inflation is ended they stay the same. You really should take an economics course some day.
Sigh. I wish inflation had ended but it has not. It has slowed down but prices aren't staying the same, they are continuing to creep up, even four years after the pandemic.

F1fan

Veteran Member
From what I remember it was because it was a bad plan. It has been years now. You would be hard pressed to find any plan of Trump's that was good for the country.
Remember Trump's healthcare plan? It was promised to be better that the ACA and replace it. It was so bad that even some republicans didn't vote for it. Remember McCain's famous thumb's down on the senate floor to kill it?

Trump never bothered to retool it, and just moved on. He also ended the mandates of Obamacare and cut funding for the subsidies, which raised rates on many people.

Biden signed an extention to subsidies to 2025.

This is what a president should do for the citizens.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sigh. I wish inflation had ended but it has not. It has slowed down but prices aren't staying the same, they are continuing to creep up, even four years after the pandemic.
It is a global phenomena. The US has fared better than most. There is a lot of untaxed spending that has to be "paid" for. Right now wage growth is outpacing inflation.

PureX

Veteran Member
Have you noticed modern political ads are more about attacking one's opponents rather than focusing on issues affecting the country and explaining their strategy for the people they are supposed to represent?
The sad thing is that they do this because it works. They don't have to make any promises that can be held against them later, and they don't have to acknowledge any of the problems that they have helped to create, and that they have no intention whatever of resolving in the future. All thay have to do is out-slander their opponent, and we'll fall for it every time.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Cliche, not clique. And guess what -- he did exactly that. I know you'd rather believe he's been busy blowing up infrastructure, but, sadly, no.
They say the same lines of crap every single election.

If there was anything actually done there would be an election cycle where they didn't address the same old line of crap they regurgitate year after year after year.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
They say the same lines of crap every single election.

If there was anything actually done there would be an election cycle where they didn't address the same old line of crap they regurgitate year after year after year.
So you are saying that no infrastructure projects have happened at all. Interesting. Nothing at all of the 400 billion dollars covering 40,000 projects, announced in 2023?

Are you quite sure? Could you maybe do a little Google search, just to see if one or two might have slipped through your eagle-eyed audit?

Here’s an ad for Congress from a guy who used to have a forum that I would post in.

I was quite happy to see him running for public office.

His great, great grandfather was an I-Word, back in the days when people and cultures were actually considered as illegal.

There are some here in this forum who want to bring back those days.

Michael B. Moore for South Carolina!

Campaign launch video for Michael B. Moore for South Carolina - running for the 1st Congressional district seat.

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Here’s an ad for Congress from a guy who used to have a forum that I would post in.

I was quite happy to see him running for public office.

His great, great grandfather was an I-Word, back in the days when people and cultures were actually considered as illegal.

There are some here in this forum who want to bring back those days.

Michael B. Moore for South Carolina!

Campaign launch video for Michael B. Moore for South Carolina - running for the 1st Congressional district seat.

An interesting ad, in that he doesn't even mention party. Because he stresses social justice and affordable health care, I'm assuming Democrat. I'd likely give him strong consideration, if I were able to vote for him.

Kathryn

It is a global phenomena. The US has fared better than most. There is a lot of untaxed spending that has to be "paid" for. Right now wage growth is outpacing inflation.
It's hard to stop a Trane.
As for wage growth outpacing inflation, that small gap of around 1 percent is sure getting smaller each month. And what about those of us like me who are retired? There are a lot of us out there. I used to think I had enough money to retire, like we all want to one day, but now I am not so sure.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So you are saying that no infrastructure projects have happened at all. Interesting. Nothing at all of the 400 billion dollars covering 40,000 projects, announced in 2023?

Are you quite sure? Could you maybe do a little Google search, just to see if one or two might have slipped through your eagle-eyed audit?
Apparently not enough to shut their redundant traps about addressing roads and bridges and creating more jobs. Blah blah blah each and every election that comes around. One might as well get a tape recorder of the same tired old tripe and press play and rewind in order to play it all over again next election cycle.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's hard to stop a Trane.
As for wage growth outpacing inflation, that small gap of around 1 percent is sure getting smaller each month. And what about those of us like me who are retired? There are a lot of us out there. I used to think I had enough money to retire, like we all want to one day, but now I am not so sure.
Thank you, that was the graph that I plotted elsewhere and would have used again. It is 1.2% and inflation does harm the retired quite a bit. Please note that it is almost down to a third of its highest rate. As long as the rate of wages goes up is higher than the inflation rate the current workers will still be "winning". People will be making more than the inflation rate on average. Also this appears to be more concentrated at low wage levels, which unfortunately means that the more well off are for once not making more at the expense of the poor. I know that most people do not follow economics, but Trump's policies would have all but guaranteed another recession along with inflation by the end of his second term or shortly after it. The economy is a beast that usually reacts very slowly. After the Bush recession Obama began cutting the deficit. With the economy sailing along the deficit should have continued to drop under Trump instead he increased spending without increasing taxes. In fact he made it even worse, his spending, pre covid, was pushing the deficit higher and higher. We are still recovering from the spending that both sides had to do for covid. But with a growing economy we should be okay. At least with our current plans.

Kathryn

Thank you, that was the graph that I plotted elsewhere and would have used again. It is 1.2% and inflation does harm the retired quite a bit. Please note that it is almost down to a third of its highest rate. As long as the rate of wages goes up is higher than the inflation rate the current workers will still be "winning". People will be making more than the inflation rate on average. Also this appears to be more concentrated at low wage levels, which unfortunately means that the more well off are for once not making more at the expense of the poor. I know that most people do not follow economics, but Trump's policies would have all but guaranteed another recession along with inflation by the end of his second term or shortly after it. The economy is a beast that usually reacts very slowly. After the Bush recession Obama began cutting the deficit. With the economy sailing along the deficit should have continued to drop under Trump instead he increased spending without increasing taxes. In fact he made it even worse, his spending, pre covid, was pushing the deficit higher and higher. We are still recovering from the spending that both sides had to do for covid. But with a growing economy we should be okay. At least with our current plans.

The share of retirees is about 20 percent of the population of the US. So it's a significant hit to the economy. Oh, and don't get me started on wages in general! I'll just say that most people over say age 45 are not making low wages. Heck, I worked part time for several years after losing my husband, and I didn't make anywhere close to minimum wage.

Interesting charts:
Impact of Inflation by Household Income — Penn Wharton Budget Model