• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Milei says that Government is a criminal association

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That's the video.
And...I mean...this is the evidence that the liberal right-wing is light years away from the Social Right-wing.
Because the latter does want the presence of a strong State that controls the economy and protects the small entrepreneurship from the sharks of the economy.

Milei sounds like an anarcho-capitalist. The priest of anarcho-capitalism.

Thoughts?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It will be an unholy miracle if he lasts to the year's end in power.
I don't think so.
I think there are too many extremes in Argentina.
From one extreme to the other.
Politics is a compromise.

Too much bureaucracy is an impediment. Zero government means anarchy, which practically enables the powerful to victimize the weakest.

That's why they hate the State. They don't want the State to prevent them from exploiting people.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know much about him, but apparently he met with the Pope on his recent visit to Italy and joined in canonizing Argentina's first woman saint.

He seems like a friendly guy. On his flight back to Argentina, he greeted and shook hands with passengers one by one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's Spanish...by the way.
But that's what he says. The State is criminal association.
Spanish....Italian....French....they're all jibber jabber.
R.2c1a5b183833b819e81752db5abe2fc0

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I've no feelings towards him whatsoever.

But your signature says the same thing...
basically. ;)

By the way... the Government was created in the context of the Greek poleis.
The Ancient Greek city-states, like Athens and Sparta.

There were these big landowners, these land-owning aristocrats that used to exploit the servants, the peasants, the farmers.

That's how the notion of State came. A State creating the currency. In fact it was the Greeks who invented money. Each polis had its own currency.
The people, victimized and exploited by the aristocrats, elected a tyrant (the word tyrannos in Greek means king).

The tyrant created an absolute monarchy and the monopoly on violence and force. And thanks to that monopoly...he punished the aristocrats exploiting the farmers and the citizens.
Aristocrats need to be beaten up every now and then. Metaphorically, of course.

That's how the word tyrant acquired a negative connotation.

And that's what the Government is for. To prevent Capitalists from exploiting and victimizing the citizens.