• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Predestination

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Buttons* said:
according to her they are ;)

but honestly, who can say?

Are we predestined to find god? Do we make our god our philosophies, our feelings, our materials? Is there something great than ourselves that we have to find? and if this god had predestined our lives, wouldnt that mean that we all would believe in him because our will is not our own?

BRING IT ON!!!!! :drool:

(Puts on cheerleader outfit that is hidden and stashed in the closet.) Oh, it has already been brroughten!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
CrystalSnow said:
It may be sad, but they go to hell.
Wow. Yeah, that is sad. I wonder why God would send someone to Hell simply because he was born in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'll go along with you about each person being born with what my religion calls "the light of Christ" in him, but without some way for that person to recognize the light for what it is, it can die out. What about some little 5-year old kid in Iraq today? How much of a chance to accept Jesus Christ has he really had? If you had been born in China or India in the 5th or 6th century, you would probably be one of those people you think is going to Hell. Have you ever stopped to wonder why God would create millions of people without even giving them a chance to return to His presence?

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Katzpur said:
Wow. Yeah, that is sad. I wonder why God would send someone to Hell simply because he was born in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'll go along with you about each person being born with what my religion calls "the light of Christ" in him, but without some way for that person to recognize the light for what it is, it can die out. What about some little 5-year old kid in Iraq today? How much of a chance to accept Jesus Christ has he really had? If you had been born in China or India in the 5th or 6th century, you would probably be one of those people you think is going to Hell. Have you ever stopped to wonder why God would create millions of people without even giving them a chance to return to His presence?

Which is why I personally believe that religions like Taoism worship the same god as Christians do. The Bible says that we should be able to look at God's creation and know there is a God. Is that not how Taoism started?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
CrystalSnow said:
Heylo, my love. Sorry, my sweet, but I don't know how to answer your question....s. *mind is dead now*
no one can answer those questions, THATS THE POINT!!!! :p

CrystalSnow

Yes, I probably would have gone to hell. I can admit that.

Which is why I personally believe that religions like Taoism worship the same god as Christians do. The Bible says that we should be able to look at God's creation and know there is a God. Is that not how Taoism started?

When I was younger I used to believe that every religion was the same and that we just had different names for them. I'm not quite sure what to believe along the lines of that anymore though.

standing_alone

CrystalSnow,

Do you not sort of find it screwed up that a so-called loving god would create a world, put people on it, and damn them to hell if they never had the chance to learn of him?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
zombieharlot said:
I really don't know anything at all about Taoism or any of the eastern religions, for that matter. But let me just put it this way. If I have a sick child and pray to my God, asking that that child be made well, and if a Taoist mother has a sick child and prays to her God, asking that that child be made well, I believe that the same God will hear and answer both of our prayers.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
standing_alone said:
CrystalSnow,

Do you not sort of find it screwed up that a so-called loving god would create a world, put people on it, and damn them to hell if they never had the chance to learn of him?

Sounds like a ruthless god to me....

CrystalSnow

CrystalSnow,

Not at all :p But then again, I am somewhat screwed up myself, so yeah. But no, God is a loving God, there is no doubt against that. And personally, I'm still a little confused about the whole hell issue myself. I just recently found out (which is kind of embarassing) that there is/was this thing known as "paradise" where the jews went when they beleived in God. But since there was no Jesus, they couldn't go to heaven because they had broken "The Law". As of now, I don't know if paradise is still in existence or not. And if it is, I think that those who didn't "Know God" might go there instead. But then again, I'm not sure.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
CrystalSnow said:
Not at all :p But then again, I am somewhat screwed up myself, so yeah. But no, God is a loving God, there is no doubt against that. And personally, I'm still a little confused about the whole hell issue myself. I just recently found out (which is kind of embarassing) that there is/was this thing known as "paradise" where the jews went when they beleived in God. But since there was no Jesus, they couldn't go to heaven because they had broken "The Law". As of now, I don't know if paradise is still in existence or not. And if it is, I think that those who didn't "Know God" might go there instead. But then again, I'm not sure.
this is why mythology is fun ;)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
CrystalSnow said:
Bingo! :bounce Paradise still exists, and good people who never knew about Christ during their lifetimes can hear about Him in Paradise, where they await their resurrection. If they accept His sacrifice on their behalf, when they stand before God to be judged, they will be welcomed into Heaven. God is both merciful and just! :bounce

CrystalSnow

Bingo! :bounce Paradise still exists, and good people who never knew about Christ during their lifetimes can hear about Him in Paradise, where they await their resurrection. If they accept His sacrifice on their behalf, when they stand before God to be judged, they will be welcomed into Heaven. God is both merciful and just! :bounce

Yay! *does little dance* I did something right!

lunamoth

Will to love
zombieharlot said:
If we're all going to be with God after death, then what's the point of this life in the first place? And why not just kill ourselves then? After all, we'd just go on to be with God anyway, right?

I don't know about you, but I think life is interesting. My take on it is that God gifts us with a desire to live and love, and to have hope through the suffering. A lot of us carry heavy burdens. He also gave us each other to help with that. Killing ourselves is to throw that away. I know that clouds of depression and other physical problems can lead one to lose that desire and spark and hope. That is not what we are meant for, it is a dis-order and a tragic one at that. The cure, as always, is love. Sorry to sound trite, but I do believe this. Love takes lots of forms, medical intervention sometimes being one of them.

lunamoth