• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Precepts of a Peaceful Warrior

Pariah

Let go
Perhaps a WORSE warrior would have come along to ravage your people?

Many more did, and many more tried to appease them. The invaders never stopped. Like I said - this is an ideological war, not one based on material possessions.

What if Gauri was NOT a warrior? Would India have suffered AT ALL?

Your willing to talk to the terrorists, but unless you can convince fundamentalists that they should stop (or to Mohammed Gauri that he shouldn't attack just to be a nice guy), a proper defense is in store.

Do you believe that the Greeks should have submitted to Xerxes?

It is not a permanent solution or our first war would have been our LAST war

Actually, the first world war would have been our last if the European allies hadn't beaten a dead horse in revenge. The war itself was a success at halting German expansionism - what came after provided a fire for Hitler to fan.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I want to add something to this. These 13 precepts are from a book I have.

- Know Thyself
- Nurture the ability to perceive the truth in all matters
- You create your own reality
- Develop a sense of right action
- Do not be negligent, even in trifling matters
- Your body is your temple. Care for it!
- Minimal appearance, maximum content
- Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eyes
- Power is from within
- Who dares, wins
- The Gods cannot help those who will not help themselves
- Be Creative!
- Do not engage in useless activity

Pariah

Let go
I want to add something to this. These 13 precepts are from a book I have.

- Know Thyself
- Nurture the ability to perceive the truth in all matters
- You create your own reality
- Develop a sense of right action
- Do not be negligent, even in trifling matters
- Your body is your temple. Care for it!
- Minimal appearance, maximum content
- Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eyes
- Power is from within
- Who dares, wins
- The Gods cannot help those who will not help themselves
- Be Creative!
- Do not engage in useless activity

Good stuff. What book is this?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Good stuff. What book is this?

The book is call Full Contact Magic: A Book of Shadow for the Wiccan Warrior. Though not a full warrior book, it has some good stuff in it. A friend got it for me as a gift, he doesn't really get the difference between Wiccan and non-Wiccan Pagans(but he tries). And he know I follow a Warrior way.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Though this is going off topic in my own thread(hehe), as Peaceful Warriors do you have a Guilty Pleasure that might not seem peaceful. Mine from Watching Human Weapon on history channel is and UFC.

PureX

Veteran Member
I hate to be the lone dissenter here, but I disagree with the glorification of war or fighting. I think it odd that you can replace warrior with just about anything in there: monk, politician or dufus and it retains most all of the "truth".

Soldiers and warriors can be noble in and of themselves: it's not the profession that makes it so. That such a profession exists and needs to exist is resounding condemnation of our society. War is hell. Those who prosecute it are the angels of Satan. Those who resist the aggressors oppose evil and all it stands for: including war.
I couldn't agree more. The "ideal warrior" is a contradiction of terms.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Actually, the first world war would have been our last if the European allies hadn't beaten a dead horse in revenge. The war itself was a success at halting German expansionism - what came after provided a fire for Hitler to fan.
I can't think of any way in which the Treaty of Versailles led to war between China and Japan in the '30s, or factored into the reasons for the USA's entry into the war in the Pacific.

Pariah

Let go
I can't think of any way in which the Treaty of Versailles led to war between China and Japan in the '30s, or factored into the reasons for the USA's entry into the war in the Pacific.

It certainly would not have been a World War if Europe hadn't been invited. It still stands that, although the effect may have been limited in the Pacific, it served as a backdrop for Nazi support.

The certainty of an attack by Japan would have been reduced had it not been for Germany's alliance with them.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I hope you guys don't mind me bumping up this old thread. This was a wonderful post. It is a shame some can't see the meaning. As a former soldier, maybe I am at an advantage in that. Frubals to Azakel! :D

I have been a student of martial arts for many years, and my very first lesson was to never use what I learned unless necessary. It takes much discipline and had preparation to be a warrior, and it goes far beyond fighting.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I hope you guys don't mind me bumping up this old thread. This was a wonderful post. It is a shame some can't see the meaning. As a former soldier, maybe I am at an advantage in that. Frubals to Azakel! :D
Thank you. I know that is anyone else where to understand it would be someone who is or has been in the Military. Sometimes I think it might be hard for someone that hasn't been through such to understand, that or not being born a Warrior(mind set).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I have been a student of martial arts for many years, and my very first lesson was to never use what I learned unless necessary. It takes much discipline and had preparation to be a warrior, and it goes far beyond fighting.

Far beyond. I found that the most fearsome and terrifying enemy is yourself. I takes a real warrior to defeat such a foe.