• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praying to God to go out of body and lucid dream.

Frank Goad

I have been praying over and over for God to give me an out of body experience or lucid dream.Is anybody else doing this?:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
A voluntary out-of-body experience, or an “astral projection,” is spiritually dangerous. A person practicing astral projection or trying to achieve an out-of-body experience in order to connect with the spirit world is practicing the occult. There are two forms of this. The first is called the “phasing” model, in which the person tries to find new spiritual truth by accessing a part of the mind that is “shut off” during everyday life. This practice is connected to Buddhism or postmodernism and the belief that enlightenment is achieved by looking within oneself. The other form, called the “mystical” model, involves the person trying to exit the body entirely, with his or her spirit traveling to a mystical plane unconnected to the physical world.

The Bible explicitly warns against occult practice, or sorcery, and that warning can be applied to voluntary out-of-body experiences and astral projection (see Galatians 5:19–20). God’s commands are always for our good, and He commands us to stay far away from occult practices. There is great potential, when trying to access the spiritual world, of opening oneself up to demons who can lie to us about God and confuse our minds. The phasing model of out-of-body experiences is also futile, according to Scripture. Jeremiah 17:9 says, “The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately sick; who can understand it?” It is futile to search for infinite wisdom inside the finite mind of man.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have been praying over and over for God to give me an out of body experience or lucid dream.Is anybody else doing this?:)

Lucid dreaming is a brain thing not a spiritual thing. Lucid Dreaming: A State of Consciousness with Features of Both Waking and Non-Lucid Dreaming

It's the same as if you pray to get out of sleep paralysis cause you think a spirit is holding you down. It's a brain thing. Voluntary Out-of-Body Experience: An fMRI Study

I'm actually not sure why people feel these things are demonic etc. I know they may be used in different spiritual traditions or maybe have similar effects from certain meds* or alcohol or something.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Another insight

Dissociation of the subjective and objective bodies: Out-of-body experiences following the development of a posterior cingulate lesion - PubMed

An out-of-body experience (OBE) is a phenomenon whereby an individual views his/her body and the world from a location outside the physical body. Previous studies have suggested that the temporoparietal junction (TPJ), the brain region responsible for integrating multisensory signals, is responsible for OBE development. Here, however, we first present a case of OBE after brain tumour development in the posterior cingulate cortex (PCC).

-

I should make a thread. I honestly don't know how OBE and lucid dreaming has anything spiritual connected to it. We can pray that a pencil fly but that doesn't change how gravity works. So what about prayer is bad when the laws of physics make such prayers useless.

Frank Goad

Another insight

Dissociation of the subjective and objective bodies: Out-of-body experiences following the development of a posterior cingulate lesion - PubMed

An out-of-body experience (OBE) is a phenomenon whereby an individual views his/her body and the world from a location outside the physical body. Previous studies have suggested that the temporoparietal junction (TPJ), the brain region responsible for integrating multisensory signals, is responsible for OBE development. Here, however, we first present a case of OBE after brain tumour development in the posterior cingulate cortex (PCC).

-

I should make a thread. I honestly don't know how OBE and lucid dreaming has anything spiritual connected to it. We can pray that a pencil fly but that doesn't change how gravity works. So what about prayer is bad when the laws of physics make such prayers useless.

What movie is your avatar from?:)