• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praying for Armageddon?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Every now and again someone will say something so arrogant and ignorant that words fail. In cases like that there is only one response.
:facepalm:
To be quite fair, there is a lot of ethnosupremacist nastiness in both the Torah and Talmud. Both are online for all to see and there's also books like Israel Shahak's Jewish History, Jewish Religion book, which collect the unsavory stuff about Gentiles in the Talmud. You may not personally adhere to such thinking (and I certainly know you don't), but there are far-right Jewish neofascists who do, like the settler movement in Israel which is basically a state supported terrorist movement. They worship mass murderers like Baruch Goldstein.

The problems with the Talmud are very similar to the problems with the Islamic sharia law. Both have quite shocking and gross things in them, and the different sects of those religions deal with them differently. Part of the problem is there is no central authority in either of those religions to judge what is the correct way, like Catholics with the Vatican.

Last edited:

libre

Skylark
Part of the problem is there is no central authority in either of those religions to judge what is the correct way, like Catholics with the Vatican.
I have made very little study of the Quran, and less of the Tanakh, but I don't find the claim that religious texts from thousands of years ago contain reactionary elements to be controversial.

I am somewhat perplexed by the identification of the problem as being a lack of central authority, given all that the Vatican has to answer for.
The Doctrine of Discovery alone has irrevocably traumatized the whole continent we live on.