• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers. Why some people think God is fool ?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
First of all, prayer means -- A humble request done for something. Its NOT a question.
Second, will you still remain humble even if God didn't completed your prayer ?

Say for example: a beggar came to your door step and humbly request you to give him some money, but you denied his request. After that you find out -- beggar is looking with anger towards you. Instantly his humbleness change into anger for NOT completing that request.

Was this beggar a truly humble person ? NO, that because he was just doing drama of being humble, he was NOT humble in real.

Do people think God is fool who don't understand your drama's of humbleness ? :)

Being truly humble is a very difficult job.

I'd imagine if a person was really humble they wouldn't be asking God for anything in the first place. In the Lord's prayer somewhere it says "thy will be done".

You must be thinking you have some importance to have the Almighty to answer your request. Everything that's been given, you still be thinking you need more.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
First of all, prayer means -- A humble request done for something. Its NOT a question.
God is said to be omnipotent and benevolent.

So why does God have to be asked before [he]'ll do the right thing? If you see a baby playing near a cliff-edge, do you wait to be asked before you help? If you see your neighbor's house on fire, do you wait to be asked before you help? If you know someone has been falsely accused, do you sit on your hands unless you're asked?

If you just sit there looking on and doing nothing, then you do what God does. And what God does reflects very poorly on God's morality.

Gargovic Malkav

Sorry friend.
I think I misunderstood your post.

What I meant was that in my view, people nowadays are less likely to give credit to God because people these days are more likely to give credit to themselves or to other people, spirits, or things they love, leaving God completely out of the picture.

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
God is said to be omnipotent and benevolent.

So why does God have to be asked before [he]'ll do the right thing? If you see a baby playing near a cliff-edge, do you wait to be asked before you help? If you see your neighbor's house on fire, do you wait to be asked before you help? If you know someone has been falsely accused, do you sit on your hands unless you're asked?

If you just sit there looking on and doing nothing, then you do what God does. And what God does reflects very poorly on God's morality.
"As they sow, so shall they reap"
If God help, this will be = injustice for the one who want justice from nature by punishing them.

chinu

chinu
What I meant was that in my view, people nowadays are less likely to give credit to God because people these days are more likely to give credit to themselves or to other people, spirits, or things they love, leaving God completely out of the picture.
Really sorry friend. I misunderstood your post. :)

chinu

chinu
How so? Are you saying that God has to take from someone else in order to give to another? Do you believe God's power to be limited that He or She would have to do that?
For example: somebody done something very wrong with another person. Court failed to punish that person due to lack of proofs/evidences. But, nature will definitely punish the accuser one day or another. Punishment will come in the form of sufferings in front of that accuser one day, or another.

And at that time if God will help that sufferer, that will be = injustice for the one who want justice from nature by punishing that sufferer.

So, it's a matter of suffering in this world, with paradise and happiness promised in the next world (with God)? Yes, I've heard this before. It's not that I disbelieve it out of hand, but it kind of makes our life in this world rather meaningless. Why pray to God for anything at all in this life, if all that really matters is reaching the next world where God lives?
What makes you think that our life in this world is meaningful ? Of course, our life in this world is meaningless and we don't need to pray to God for anything at all in this life. Praying for reaching God's world is the smartest decision.

If there is a God which is all-knowing and all-seeing, then I would presume that He or She already knows.
Of course he knows. That's why God only contact the interested people. Or as soon as one becomes interested for going to God's world.

I'm still wondering why God created this world and our species. If we look back to a time when humanity was a more "raw," natural state, there was probably a lot more suffering and starvation back then. Life was cruel, harsh, and short - and that was the way God "created" it, if Scriptures are anything to go by.

Over time, humans started to figure things out, how to make fire, how to hunt better and feed themselves better - but these were things humans did on their own. With each age, humans got smarter and more advanced, learning, discovering, tinkering - because there was absolutely no reason for them to expect any help from "up above," even if they might have wished, hoped, or even prayed for such a thing.

If this is what God intended, if this is what God created us to do, then I can't see how He or She can really complain about the results, at least not at this point. We were created to feel hunger, pain, thirst, suffering, excessive cold/heat, fear - these were put into our programming, which is common to all living things. The ultimate reason why there is suffering on this planet is because the "designer" (if there is one) made it that way.
God created/started this world because we made this demand for fun sake.
We thought it would be fun living/playing in this suffering world, like.. playing a video game :)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So why does God have to be asked before [he]'ll do the right thing?
You ever considered the "fact" that God is waiting for humans to do the right thing?

If you see a baby playing near a cliff-edge, do you wait to be asked before you help?
The universe is pretty much perfect, stars and planets don't fall apart; for me that tells me enough; God has done a pretty good job

If you see your neighbor's house on fire, do you wait to be asked before you help?
Exactly, why should God do it, if you can do it?

If you know someone has been falsely accused, do you sit on your hands unless you're asked?
I see many people voting for Pinocchio Trump...obviously lying is wrong, obviously people still did not learn this simple lesson

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"As they sow, so shall they reap"
If God help, this will be = injustice for the one who want justice from nature by punishing them.
So the infant falls over the cliff, the house burns down, the falsely accused person gets convicted and this only ever happens because they deserved it?

I don't buy that.

In fact the world behaves exactly as if God exists only as a concept in individual brains.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You ever considered the "fact" that God is waiting for humans to do the right thing?
My examples are based on my view that if you see someone in peril and you're able to help, you help.

Clearly that's not God's view.
why should God do it, if you can do it?
But God clearly doesn't do it when if God doesn't do it someone will be killed or maimed. I mention little kids in this context because they generally stand high on the don't-deserve-it list.
I see many people voting for Pinocchio Trump...obviously lying is wrong, obviously people still did not learn this simple lesson
The moral seems to be that God loves a clueless disorganized narcissist if that person is also a good populist, then.

chinu

chinu
So the infant falls over the cliff, the house burns down, the falsely accused person gets convicted and this only ever happens because they deserved it?
Yes, nature provides justice.
In fact the world behaves exactly as if God exists only as a concept in individual brains.
Why NOT world behaves as a concept in non believer's brains ?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Not benevolent? That would fit much better with observation.
Yes, I don't understand why people use benevolent, makes no sense at all. See all the animals eating each other as lunch/dinner; even alive.

My examples are based on my view that if you see someone in peril and you're able to help, you help.
Exactly, that is what I said...IF YOU see someone in peril YOU do something ... not God...that seems to be the "Game"...Duality is ours to deal with
Clearly that's not God's view.
So, I would not say "clearly that's not God's view"

Exactly, why should God do it, if you can do it?
But God clearly doesn't do it when if God doesn't do it someone will be killed or maimed. I mention little kids in this context because they generally stand high on the don't-deserve-it list.
True. It's a strange concept of people IMO, that they expect God to do their messy stuff
The whole universe is "running" without God intervening, only some humans expect God to intervene

The moral seems to be that God loves a clueless disorganized narcissist if that person is also a good populist, then.
No, the moral is "humans stop lying" IMO

Note: I do not have "Bible-God" picture, or any "human-like" picture, or any "God" picture at all

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, nature provides justice.
I don't know where you live, but the people round my way don't deserve to have their children die, their house burn down, or a wrongful conviction entered against them.

Have you considered moving to a better neighborhood?
Why NOT world behaves as a concept in non believer's brains ?
I'm not selfish about these things. I don't claim a monopoly on observing the world behave as though God was not more than an idea, a concept, a thing imagined.

Perhaps you have a recent photo of [him] or a vid of a TV interview [he]'s given lately?

As for elections, is God a US citizen? Registered to vote? But I guess if you're God you wouldn't bother to vote, you'd just snap your omnipotent fingers and get whatever result you wanted, no?

By the way, if Trump isn't allowed to get the Russians to help his campaign, why are candidates allowed to make deals with God to help with theirs?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
For example: somebody done something very wrong with another person. Court failed to punish that person due to lack of proofs/evidences. But, nature will definitely punish the accuser one day or another. Punishment will come in the form of sufferings in front of that accuser one day, or another.

And at that time if God will help that sufferer, that will be = injustice for the one who want justice from nature by punishing that sufferer.

I was thinking more an example of a hungry person praying to God for food. If we assume God has the power to cause a steak dinner to appear before that hungry person, then you're suggesting that in some other place in the world, another person's steak dinner would disappear into thin air. Why do you assume that God would not have the power to create extra food out of thin air? Isn't God supposed to be all-powerful?

However, your example here is also interesting. Someone commits a wrong against another person, and in your example, the courts fail to do anything due to lack of evidence. Of course, if we assume God to be all-knowing, then He or She wouldn't need any evidence, because He or She would already know who's guilty. There have been plenty of instance of criminals getting away with their crimes, without any apparent punishment whatsoever. This is especially true with monarchs, dictators, and other tyrants who have remained in power their entire lives. God does nothing to punish them in this life or do anything to cause them to fall out of power. At best, God apparently takes His own sweet time to bring about some form of "justice," and as the saying goes "Justice delayed is justice denied."

What makes you think that our life in this world is meaningful ? Of course, our life in this world is meaningless and we don't need to pray to God for anything at all in this life. Praying for reaching God's world is the smartest decision.

If this is true, then why do most religions consider murder to be the most egregious sin? If life is meaningless, then the taking of life should be considered equally meaningless, right? Why should we consider it a holy act to feed the hungry? Wouldn't it be more noble and moral to let them die so they can reach God's world even faster?

Of course he knows. That's why God only contact the interested people. Or as soon as one becomes interested for going to God's world.

There's no evidence that God has ever contacted anyone, interested or not.

God created/started this world because we made this demand for fun sake.
We thought it would be fun living/playing in this suffering world, like.. playing a video game :)

"We" made this demand? When did "we" do that?

If it's a video game, then it might be a case where "the only winning move is not to play." Because the current set up for the game entails "he who dies with the most toys wins." This appears to be the case with every major religion. There is no "justice" in a game, and if God is supposedly the "referee" in this game, then it's patently obvious that God has been lackadaisical or absent when it comes to calling out any penalties for cheating or breaking the rules. Religion tells us that God may punish them or forgive them, but only after the game is over.

The game only works if the penalties are called and dealt with during the game.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Second, will you still remain humble even if God didn't completed your prayer ?

Say for example: a beggar came to your door step and humbly request you to give him some money, but you denied his request. After that you find out -- beggar is looking with anger towards you. Instantly his humbleness change into anger for NOT completing that request.

Was this beggar a truly humble person ? NO, that because he was just doing drama of being humble, he was NOT humble in real.

Do people think God is fool who don't understand your drama's of humbleness ? :)

Being truly humble is a very difficult job.
So, you are using the “humble” card to explain why praying to God has the same expected return as praying to, say, a chair?

ciao

- viole