• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers. Why some people think God is fool ?

chinu

chinu
Why God does NOT answer prayers ?
First of all, prayer means -- A humble request done for something. Its NOT a question.
Second, will you still remain humble even if God didn't completed your prayer ?

Say for example: a beggar came to your door step and humbly request you to give him some money, but you denied his request. After that you find out -- beggar is looking with anger towards you. Instantly his humbleness change into anger for NOT completing that request.

Was this beggar a truly humble person ? NO, that because he was just doing drama of being humble, he was NOT humble in real.

Do people think God is fool who don't understand your drama's of humbleness ? :)

Being truly humble is a very difficult job.

exchemist

Veteran Member
First of all, prayer means -- A humble request done for something. Its NOT a question.

Say for example: a beggar came to your door step and humbly request you to give him some money, but you denied his request. After that you find out -- beggar is looking with anger towards you. Instantly his humbleness change into anger for NOT completing that request.

Was this beggar a truly humble person ? NO, that because he was just doing drama of being humble, he was NOT humble in real.

Do people think God is fool who don't understand your drama's of humbleness ? :)

.....as shown by your apparent need to award yourself fake funnies, winners, likes etc., on every post you make. :p

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Can you be humble if you're a burgler?

I'd assume god will know regardless ones actions. May depend on more reconciliation and intention to change rather than past mistakes or "sin."

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I guess it depends on how humble someone is required to be. Imagine a group of people in a fancy restaurant, eating a sumptuous feast with far more food than any of them can possibly eat, refusing a beggar's request for a crust of bread. It was within their power to help him, but they refused. That's what is more telling than whether the beggar was sufficiently humble. The man could have been desperate, starving, under extreme duress - and seeing someone who has it within their power to help them...yes, they might get angry at that.

If we accept all the stories about God that religionists commonly tell (such as God being all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, etc.), then we must assume that God knows about all the starving and suffering people in the world, has infinite power to help them, yet simply refuses to do so. No different than a wealthy man eating like a king while millions of people starve all around him. What is there to not get angry about?

chinu

chinu
I am humble enough to rely on the genuine recognition I get, if that's what you mean. In other respects, not so much. :D
Thank you for sharing this secret.

Well, in my case.. I don't think I deserve even a single like. I think all likes goes to God, NOT me. :)

chinu

chinu
I guess it depends on how humble someone is required to be. Imagine a group of people in a fancy restaurant, eating a sumptuous feast with far more food than any of them can possibly eat, refusing a beggar's request for a crust of bread. It was within their power to help him, but they refused. That's what is more telling than whether the beggar was sufficiently humble. The man could have been desperate, starving, under extreme duress - and seeing someone who has it within their power to help them...yes, they might get angry at that.

If we accept all the stories about God that religionists commonly tell (such as God being all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, etc.), then we must assume that God knows about all the starving and suffering people in the world, has infinite power to help them, yet simply refuses to do so. No different than a wealthy man eating like a king while millions of people starve all around him. What is there to not get angry about?
First of all -- why people forget -- "As they sow, so shall they reap" ? Hence, God helping someone is = injustice for somebody else.

Second, God claims the following:
  • I have already created a world where NO starving, or sufferings (any kind) exists at all.
  • I myself live in that world.
Further, also claims that anyone is more than welcome to reside in this world, but, for that you have to leave all your ego, belongings, and even your physical body behind in the world where you currently live.

If you are interested, inform God.

If NOT, then don't ever expect that God will make your world free from all sufferings because there's NO reason for God to create second similar world.

Why should God create second similar world ? :)

Last edited:

Eyes to See

I was going to leave this thread after reading the few comments on it. Something told me to answer the point you bring up. Because it is a good one. And one who doesn't know the Bible or its promises or why the world is the way it is can rightly bring out a point such as yours.

Why doesn't God get involved with this world that is so broken and fractured and full of hate and violence and as you bring out famine?

The Bible shows us that God is the Sovereign of the universe and as such when he created the perfect man and woman, Adam an Eve, he had the right to rule them. His rule of course is loving. That had to be obvious because of the conditions Adam and Eve were created in. Perfection of life, no sickness, and in a beautiful paradise. All they had to do was be obedient to God and keep living. And thus subject themselves willingly out of love to the God who showed them love to begin with.

Their obedience as perfect humans was put to the test by God. He used a tree and called it the tree of knowledge of good and bad and told them not to eat from it or they would die. They should have reflected the goodness of God and developed love for him. But they did not and they disobeyed. They rejected God's rule. Satan was the root of the problem. He mislead the woman and she in turn got her husband to eat from the tree and a rebellion had formed. God ousted Adam and Eve from the garden of Eden and he allowed Satan to become ruler over the earth. This was to allow sufficient time to prove whether God's way is better or Satan and man's. Now God didn't have to do this but he did out of his wisdom and love.

If God were to interfere today in the world and all the problems it has by rejected his laws, his order, his reminders, his commands, would it not in fact be condoning the bad decisions mankind has made? Would he not then be complicit with unrighteous angels and humans that rejected his rulership? You see God has set up a righteous heavenly kingdom government and has appointed his son Jesus Christ as its ruler and has promised that by mean's of Christ's kingdom government all of mankind's problems will be fixed. This is called the "good news of God's kingdom." It is and always will be good news. And this is the good news that was preached about by Jesus Christ, and is still the same good news that his real followers on earth herald to all the earth.

Today people are being given the opportunity to accept God's rule and align themselves with his son's kingdom government. And he has given his good spirit to his people. They have the law of Christ which obliges them to love their neighbor as themselves and God above all. This love moves them to help others with physical and spiritual assistance when needed. Thus in the Christian congregation there are no servants of Jehovah left wanting for food, or a place to sleep or clothes. Bad things happen to Jehovah's servants the same as the rest of human society, but they have God's spirit, and have love among each other, and God provides for his people. And Jesus' example moves them to provide the needs for each other as they arise.

This world alienated from God does not have the same blessings. And some such as you may not be aware of this fact. We are aware of this and that is why we teach others about this. The problems of this world are not of God's doing. The Bible says this about God:

"When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone."-James 1:13.

The Bible also clearly shows that God does not answer all prayers. Prayers to false gods do not go answered. Prayers for selfish and wrong motives are not answered. Imagine a sports team on a field praying for God's help in winning a game, or a gambler praying fervently for a winning lottery ticket. Certainly such selfish prayers are not heard by God. The Bible says that a person's actions can have their prayers hindered. For example an unrighteous and wicked person who is not repentant of their conduct cannot approach God in prayer:

"Jehovah is far away from the wicked,
But he hears the prayer of the righteous
."-Proverbs 15:29.

A man who mistreats his wife will not have his prayers answered by God:

"You husbands, in the same way, continue dwelling with them according to knowledge. Assign them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one, since they are also heirs with you of the undeserved favor of life, in order for your prayers not to be hindered."-1 Peter 3:7.

A man who lacks faith cannot expect God to answer his prayers:

"But let him keep asking in faith, not doubting at all, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about.  In fact, that man should not expect to receive anything from Jehovah;  he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways."-James 1:6-8.

God is with the humble. He is with those who recognize him, Jehovah, as the one true God. He listens to those, even if they are wicked, but are searching for him, and they are repentant. And most importantly when a person dedicates themselves to do Jehovah's will and becomes a part of his people on earth as a baptized Christian witness of his illustrious name, that one enters into a special relationship with Jehovah God. And Jehovah listens to and answers all of his prayers:

"You did not choose me, but I chose you, and I appointed you to go and keep bearing fruit and that your fruit should remain, so that no matter what you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you."-John 15:16.

A servant of Jehovah would not pray to false gods or with wrong or selfish motives. Scripture further states:

"Also, whatever you ask in my name, I will do this, so that the Father may be glorified in connection with the Son.  If you ask anything in my name, I will do it."-John 14:13-14.

This is the blessing of being a servant of Jehovah God. A servant of Jehovah does not ask for a trial to be removed, but asks for endurance to prove God is right.

And sometimes while it may not appear God is answering a prayer of his servant it may be he is answering in a way that is not apparent at first, or he may see the wisdom that the request shouldn't be granted. Jehovah is able to see the overall picture of everything and knows the proper answer to each prayer and responds accordingly.

But he is a loving and a humble God. And he is willing to listen to his servants. And he is even willing to condescend to change his mind about things out of respect for his servants.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
.....as shown by your apparent need to award yourself fake funnies, winners, likes etc., on every post you make. :p
I remember when @chinu started this "fake funnies"
It was after someone asked him "how to get more funnies"

So, this one does not count as "his apparent need to award himself"

I see it as a creative reply to someone else his question

stvdv

Can you be humble if you're a burgler?

I'd assume god will know regardless ones actions. May depend on more reconciliation and intention to change rather than past mistakes or "sin."

True that. :)
The writer of one of the Greatest epics used to be burglar, until a Guru told him, I only want you to stop lying, you can continue your profession

Humility is one of the greatest virtues, not easy to acquire, shown by some Hindu Scriptures declaring "ego is hard to cure; spiritual ego impossible"

stvdv

Great Post, thank you

Perfect. I hope Atheists also read this, and think twice before demanding their needed proof from God or his devotees

Perfect. It's a great challenge to develop "true love for God" by practicing equanimity

stvdv

I have experienced this many times
BUT
I have also experienced that a beggar offered me half of his meal

stvdv

Fake it till you make it, hopefully applies here too

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
First of all -- why people forget -- "As they sow, so shall they reap" ? Hence, God helping someone is = injustice for somebody else.

How so? Are you saying that God has to take from someone else in order to give to another? Do you believe God's power to be limited that He or She would have to do that?

Second, God claims the following:
  • I have already created a world where NO starving, or sufferings (any kind) exists at all.
  • I myself live in that world.
Further, also claims that anyone is more than welcome to reside in this world, but, for that you have to leave all your ego, belongings, and even your physical body behind in the world where you currently live.

So, it's a matter of suffering in this world, with paradise and happiness promised in the next world (with God)? Yes, I've heard this before. It's not that I disbelieve it out of hand, but it kind of makes our life in this world rather meaningless. Why pray to God for anything at all in this life, if all that really matters is reaching the next world where God lives?

If you are interested, inform God.

If there is a God which is all-knowing and all-seeing, then I would presume that He or She already knows.

If NOT, then don't ever expect that God will make your world free from all sufferings because there's NO reason for God to create second similar world.

Why should God create second similar world ? :)

I'm still wondering why God created this world and our species. If we look back to a time when humanity was a more "raw," natural state, there was probably a lot more suffering and starvation back then. Life was cruel, harsh, and short - and that was the way God "created" it, if Scriptures are anything to go by.

Over time, humans started to figure things out, how to make fire, how to hunt better and feed themselves better - but these were things humans did on their own. With each age, humans got smarter and more advanced, learning, discovering, tinkering - because there was absolutely no reason for them to expect any help from "up above," even if they might have wished, hoped, or even prayed for such a thing.

If this is what God intended, if this is what God created us to do, then I can't see how He or She can really complain about the results, at least not at this point. We were created to feel hunger, pain, thirst, suffering, excessive cold/heat, fear - these were put into our programming, which is common to all living things. The ultimate reason why there is suffering on this planet is because the "designer" (if there is one) made it that way.