• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Pray the Gay Away" airing on OWN

gnomon

Well Oprah believes in god too, so I don't agree with EVERYTHING on the show, but there's a lot of info that Oz gives that's credible.

I don't doubt that. There's been considerable debate among skeptics regarding how intelligent people believe weird things.

Oz may be a credible surgeon but when he proposes faith healing the question becomes is he putting forth knowledgeable evidence or is he putting forth a delusion?

The others I commented in regards to Oprah is that she often puts forth deluded concepts for the sake of ratings. That's why I'm skeptical. But being skeptical also means I may be wrong. Lisa Ling's expose may be a credible look into homosexuality. I'm merely expressing a well observed skepticism in regards to such topics.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
I don't doubt that. There's been considerable debate among skeptics regarding how intelligent people believe weird things.

Oz may be a credible surgeon but when he proposes faith healing the question becomes is he putting forth knowledgeable evidence or is he putting forth a delusion?

The others I commented in regards to Oprah is that she often puts forth deluded concepts for the sake of ratings. That's why I'm skeptical. But being skeptical also means I may be wrong. Lisa Ling's expose may be a credible look into homosexuality. I'm merely expressing a well observed skepticism in regards to such topics.
Actually I'm just there to watch Lisa Ling.........:yes:. Lisa Ling does fair reporting so it should be good.

waitasec

Veteran Member
lisa ling was on the view today...she said that the leader of the exodus movement still has issues with his innate sense of being attracted to men (duh)...and she also mentioned that the consensus with mental health officials say it is dangerous to try to pursue a conversion...(duh again)

for the record...i'm not dissing lisa ling
i think she is fully aware of how many people out there need to be told these things in order for them to think about these things...

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Okay, so overall it was a good episode for me. Going into it I knew that some of it would irritate me, but it was expected.
So my questions would be to christians who are of the belief that gay people can be "therapeutically converted" to become "ex-gays", is why would changing their sexual orientation make them any better than they are as people now?