• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pray Away. (the gay)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That would be deeply ignorant if so, since HIV is a survivable disease with treatment, to the point it can now become undetectable and untransmittable. And lesbians have even lower rates of HIV infection than straight people.
Well, now it is. It's still not fun to have and it's still mostly spread by unprotected sex among males in the US (along with injection drug users).

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's true. Great argument for having protected sex, including using PrEP! :)
Well, as long as the virus doesn't mutate and we're back to square one. Not partaking in high risk sexual activity would be the best choice, like not sleeping around. Many gay men seem to think that PreP is a license to be a huge ****, unfortunately.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, as long as the virus doesn't mutate and we're back to square one. Not partaking in high risk sexual activity would be the best choice, like not sleeping around. Many gay men seem to think that PreP is a license to be a huge ****, unfortunately.

Unfortunately it has made some of them lazy with condoms or other forms of protection, it's true. Viral mutations are always possible but thus far PrEP is extremely effective at preventing HIV. The bigger issue are folks on PrEP catching other STIs (chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc.) because they don't use other protection.

But none of this makes for a great argument against homosexuality, as homosexuality is independent of any particular sex practice.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Unfortunately it has made some of them lazy with condoms or other forms of protection, it's true. Viral mutations are always possible but thus far PrEP is extremely effective at preventing HIV. The bigger issue are folks on PrEP catching other STIs (chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc.) because they don't use other protection.

But none of this makes for a great argument against homosexuality, as homosexuality is independent of any particular sex practice.

I keep using the analogy of a motorcycle rider that rides responsibly and a motorcycle rider that’s a dick just wantonly weaving through traffic and cutting people off. The latter isn’t a good argument for why the former is somehow bad.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I keep using the analogy of a motorcycle rider that rides responsibly and a motorcycle rider that’s a dick just wantonly weaving through traffic and cutting people off. The latter isn’t a good argument for why the former is somehow bad.

Agreed. Imagine someone arguing that car driving is inherently immoral on the basis of car accidents!

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

No, but it's a good argument against aspects of gay male culture, especially in the cities. There's a bath house just a few blocks from me. :rolleyes:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
No, but it's a good argument against aspects of gay male culture, especially in the cities. There's a bath house just a few blocks from me. :rolleyes:

There are aspects of gay male culture that are certainly problematic, as there are aspects of straight male culture that are problematic, and any other group. Humans are complicated and flawed. :shrug:

DNB

Christian
Is that the religious branch of biological and behavioural science, since I doubt you will find any of the natural sort who would entertain or support your views. Your religious bias is obvious. That is why it is brought into the argument. Without such, you might be more inclined to look at evidence impartially and without judgment, if that were possible. But like many, you are more likely not to be able to do so since religious dogma is perched on one shoulder telling you what to think. :rolleyes:
People need to be restrained when it comes to actions that fall so close to hedonism. Over-eating (even temporal), over leisure, tv marathons, sex etc.. are all very enticing to over indulge. So, we must be careful as to what we justify as acceptable, permissible or non-consequential. There is a very fine line between beneficial and detrimental sometimes, that the lines often get crossed unwittingly, or apathetically.
We all must put the reigns on ourselves and make sure that what we approve of, is in fact benign and edifying. I think that the path is extremely straight and narrow as to what is prudent and respectful, in things pertaining to sex - for the smallest mistake, can have life changing repercussions..

DNB

Christian
What destruction?
You need to start showing some insight, and stop just asking simple questions as though there is no significance as to what is being said.
The destruction of character and dignity.

There is no such thing as a confident thief or adulterer, for they do not even trust themselves - they've impugned their own integrity. They never look you in the eye, even when they're not up to something deceitful at the time.
I've never met a promiscuous man or woman that I would regard as a gentleman or a lady - it doesn't exist.
In general, there is a crassness, vulgarity or bimboish demeanor that appears to be elicited from certain kinds of acts, this is where the expression, for example, 'talks like a truck driver/tradesman' comes from. Certain types of character are associated with their practices. Truck driving is not sinful, but it attracts the uneducated, just like the trades (which i did for decades) .

In general, one's sexual practices says a lot about their moral fiber, and invariably, their character.

Last edited: