• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post Your Vice

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ameristan has better food, primarily because of great variety.
Same goes for chocolate, eg, our access to wonderful
Mexican style chocolate.
We also have great cheese selections, but I'll grant
that you have more....which explains why your men
are calmer. ("You give the meanest white man a piece
of cheese and he turn into Mr. Rogers." - Robert Freeman)

I will admit you have a much greater variety of fast food restaurants.

Hey. Come on, i have tasted cheese in ameristan but just couldn't lower myself to try spray on cheese.

And from what i saw most chocolate was mass produced, not hand crafted. Although good beans are much of the battle in making good chocolate

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I will admit you have a much greater variety of fast food restaurants.
On a flight from Europe, I sat next to a Frenchie.
He admitted to me that we had much more variety
of ethnic foods.
Hey. Come on, i have tasted cheese in ameristan but just couldn't lower myself to try spray on cheese.
Our hardware stores have much better cheeses than the spray on kind.
And from what i saw most chocolate was mass produced, not hand crafted. Although good beans are much of the battle in making good chocolate
Hand crafted chocolate is over-rated. The makers typically
start not with raw beans, but rather already manufactured
chocolate. Then they gussy it up, & raise the price.

ChristineM

Premium Member
On a flight from Europe, I sat next to a Frenchie.
He admitted to me that we had much more variety
of ethnic foods.

Our hardware stores have much better cheeses than the spray on kind.

Hand crafted chocolate is over-rated. The makers typically
start not with raw beans, but rather already manufactured
chocolate. Then they gussy it up, & raise the price.

Ethnic, yes will agree with that. That does not necessarily mean better

Hardware stores, explains a lot.

Maybe in your neck of the woods. Here a chocolatier is an artisan job

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A variety of fried chicken wings, burgers and tacos, your choice.
Perhaps you can't get good ones in Francistan.
Burgers & tacos have wonderful variety. But my little
town also has Lebanese, Greek, Israeli, Nepalese,
southern Chinese, northern Chinese, Vietnamese,
Thai, Mexican, Tex-mex, French, German, Polish,
Indian, Korean, Italian, southern Ameristanian, vegan,
& even Canuckistanian (poutine).

ChristineM

Premium Member
Perhaps you can't get good ones in Francistan.
Burgers & tacos have wonderful variety. But my little
town also has Lebanese, Greek, Israeli, Nepalese,
southern Chinese, northern Chinese, Vietnamese,
Thai, Mexican, Tex-mex, French, German, Polish,
Indian, Korean, Italian, southern Ameristanian, vegan,
& even Canuckistanian (poutine).

Very good. I guess we have the same variety if travel is acceptable l, maybe 2 or 3 hundred kilometres ,-)

Daemon Sophic

N-2EZ4VW8bW2Ihv96_lJ-jOezqXIP3TGyWWxJ_BqtxgY3aJefsCsYFXlqOM2XHFGRoIh1ypUDG3W_2gy-hd_LSiCMmJF1imYjiDMkV8wdt6An24

In particular, Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke, and Diet Mt. Dew (although I’ve recently kicked that last one). :p

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Duck is my favourite meat but it's one of the worst for you :rolleyes::mad:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Tea
Good Chinese Food
Good Japanese food
and......

iu
I got spoiled when it comes to Chinese food in Minneapolis. They had a rare gem, a fairly authentic Chinese restaurant. It was near the University of Minnesota campus, We also had quite a few students from China and it always seemed to be half full of Chinese students. Late night they even got more authentic than the standard menu. Sadly it closed some time ago. And even rarer it was a fairly authentic Cantonese place. Nothing I have found since comes close. Sigh, maybe in Seattle, but out here in the burbs there is only your standard Chinese just a small step above fast food.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Duck is my favourite meat but it's one of the worst for you :rolleyes::mad:

There are 2 duck farms within spitting distance, it is by far the most popular meat in the area. Every resteraunt serves duck, supermarkets reserve whole isles for ducks, fresh and frozen, prepared to cook or not, confit, magret, foie gras. All other meats are crammed together in the opposite isle.

We had a pair back in the uk, wonderful eggs but the birds were so cute, sweet natured, fussy, loving i just cannot bring myself to eat their meat.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I got spoiled when it comes to Chinese food in Minneapolis. They had a rare gem, a fairly authentic Chinese restaurant. It was near the University of Minnesota campus, We also had quite a few students from China and it always seemed to be half full of Chinese students. Late night they even got more authentic than the standard menu. Sadly it closed some time ago. And even rarer it was a fairly authentic Cantonese place. Nothing I have found since comes close. Sigh, maybe in Seattle, but out here in the burbs there is only your standard Chinese just a small step above fast food.

similar thing here. Use to go tp Boston Chinatown a lot with Chinese friends (Cantonese) in my youth and I am now married to a Chinese woman (Beijingren), and when we were dating we used to go to Flushing Chinatown to eat...and then she took me to Beijing.... so.....if it is not authentic, I can take it or leave it

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
similar thing here. Use to go tp Boston Chinatown a lot with Chinese friends (Cantonese) in my youth and I am now married to a Chinese woman (Beijingren), and when we were dating we used to go to Flushing Chinatown to eat...and then she took me to Beijing.... so.....if it is not authentic, I can take it or leave it
I'm into flushing too.