• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post your pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackout

Violet.
Ok, so...this is not me, but these lovely people are EXTENSIONS OF ME, OK!

This is my daughter and her two daughters - she just posted this and I loved it so much that I had to morph into one of those obnoxious grandmothers who show pictures to everyone. Sorry.

To qualify as actually pertaining to this thread, here is a picture of me...but it's wellllll, sort of old....

Your family pics are always lovely Kathryn.

I just have a thing about not putting my kids up on the net.
Sometimes I get tempted though.
(you should see their unique...colorful... hair dyes.
yes. I do them all mySelf. :D )

My first day of kindergarten - Domestic Goddess in the making!

Haha! The only pre-school picture I have of mySelf... is yes...
me sitting, enjoying mySelf, at the piano. Isn't that funny?

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
38324453115966220624401.jpg

img000007.jpg

I could see you in a kinda.... B52's band. :D

Is that a stereotype? haha!

You're really quite a cutie.
Nice to finally have a face to put to your posts.

I didn't realize you were so young!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Everyone's pictures are so great - I really love putting the faces with the names.

Me with one of those famous grandbabies!

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Nice tattoos. ;) Is that one of the phoenix? I've been thinking of getting a tat, but I keep chickening out. I can never think of something I'd enjoy looking at every day. I should just bite the bullet and get one of Einstein punching Newton in the stomach across my back.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Meow Mix....that had to hurt!

So tell me, since one can't erase'm, do you ever wonder that you might change
your mind about tatoos & muse, "Argghgahshshghhshghhgh! What was I thinking!".

Erebus

Love the tattoos! Especially the psychobilly girl.

My own suddenly seem pale and insignificant in comparison

Kodanshi

StygnosticA

Wow! That is so beautifully intricate and colourful. That really looks amazing. How long did all that take, and — I hope you don’t mind my asking — how much did that whole thing add up to?! Also, was it one artist who worked on that, however long it took, or several tattooists?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Nice tattoos. ;) Is that one of the phoenix? I've been thinking of getting a tat, but I keep chickening out. I can never think of something I'd enjoy looking at every day. I should just bite the bullet and get one of Einstein punching Newton in the stomach across my back.

That would actually be so awesome that I doubt anything would ever be that awesome ever again.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Wow! That is so beautifully intricate and colourful. That really looks amazing. How long did all that take, and — I hope you don’t mind my asking — how much did that whole thing add up to?! Also, was it one artist who worked on that, however long it took, or several tattooists?

I started it in 2002, didn't finish it until 2005ish.

Each session was $500ish but I was also there fore hours each session, overall it was around $1.8k but I sort of got a discount because the original artist tried to take some "liberties" below the waist that I didn't appreciate, so his apprentice took over -- so that answers the second question too :p

All in all, all of my tattoos were done by two people.

DarkSun

:eltiT
Be careful where you point that gun! You could shoot somebody's eye out!

Looks rather like mine... now all my muscles have migrated to my centre of gravity.

Haha, thanks! They're not actually that big compared to some of the people I know. I'll just have to keep training. :p

fluentyank3825-albums-pictures-me-picture2548-a.jpg

This was a pic of me taken last October at a martial arts Halloween party, dressed up as Agent Smith from the Matrix. My instructor said I looked just like him.

You could have been a stunt double... :thud:
Btw, what art do you study and how long have you been doing it?

What I'd like to know is whether it's double-sided... :flirt:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The community centre where my martial arts club meets is closed for maintenance for the month, so I get to practice at home. Since my sensei isn't around to give me pointers, I decided to film myself practicing to see what I'm doing right and wrong.

Once it was filmed, I figured I might as well post to YouTube for all of you to see:

[youtube]H8EDqsqwp6Q[/youtube]
YouTube - Eishin Ryu

It's the "middle level" kata from Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu. You can read about what I'm doing here: http://www.doshikai.org/bushido/articles/Kata_of_Eishin_Ryu.pdf

A bit rough, and I can't make my overhead cuts as big as I'd like with the low ceiling in my basement, but hey - maybe some of you will like it.

FluentYank3825

Ironic Idealist
You could have been a stunt double... :thud:
Btw, what art do you study and how long have you been doing it?

Thanks, man. As for my art, it's a mixed martial arts class combining both Asian and American fighting styles. I've been doing it for over a year now, progress is slow, but I am really enjoying it!

Thank you...Now if only I can find a girl willing to don shiny black leather and call herself Trinity!

Status
Not open for further replies.