• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post the funniest videos you have ever seen.

Wombat

I don't get it either, but I find it highly disturbing.

I believe we may have struck a prime example of a large cultural divide.

I don't find the 'Steve' clips funny at all.
The guy may be a nuisance ...but to Tazer and Capsicum spray him for riding a lawn mower on a country road:facepalm:....Jesus Wept...that aint funny...that’s abuse of power and excessive and unnecessary force.
Two things come to mind...The first- a global survey of what people find funny conducted about four years ago (sorry, no link or cite) found that- The Irish, Scottish, Australians and New Zealanders laugh most at ‘the play on words’...do something witty with language and we find that the funniest...also ‘irony’ plays a large part in the humour of Celtic/Australasians. The English prefer ‘smutty’, double entendre and riskay humour. The Germans...well...no one seemed able to work out what the Germans found funny. And Americans liked humour that had a clear ‘winner and looser’.....(see ‘Steve’).
The second thing the ‘Steve’ clips remind me of is a recent interview with an Expatriate South African author now living in Australia. When asked what struck him most about his new life here he described a scene he witnessed within a few hours of arriving. There was a black man drunk just outside a building site and the police arrived to move him on or arrest him. The author was astounded when two or three workers on the building site stated shouting out to the police- “Hey! He’s all right! He’s not hurting anyone! Leave him alone”. The author explained that in South Africa if you interfere with the police you will be arrested (or worse) as well and he simply could not believe the boldness of the workers. When the police complied with the workers directions, left the drunk and drove off, the author found himself laughing out loud at the beauty and simplicity of what he had witnessed. The Police are >servants< of the people.
I wish ‘Steve’ had some honest working class farmers or construction workers nearby to protect those “rights” he “knew”.:slap:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

I don't find the 'Steve' clips funny at all.
The guy may be a nuisance ...but to Tazer and Capsicum spray him for riding a lawn mower on a country road:facepalm:....Jesus Wept...that aint funny...that’s abuse of power and excessive and unnecessary force.
Two things come to mind...The first- a global survey of what people find funny conducted about four years ago (sorry, no link or cite) found that- The Irish, Scottish, Australians and New Zealanders laugh most at ‘the play on words’...do something witty with language and we find that the funniest...also ‘irony’ plays a large part in the humour of Celtic/Australasians. The English prefer ‘smutty’, double entendre and riskay humour. The Germans...well...no one seemed able to work out what the Germans found funny. And Americans liked humour that had a clear ‘winner and looser’.....(see ‘Steve’).
The second thing the ‘Steve’ clips remind me of is a recent interview with an Expatriate South African author now living in Australia. When asked what struck him most about his new life here he described a scene he witnessed within a few hours of arriving. There was a black man drunk just outside a building site and the police arrived to move him on or arrest him. The author was astounded when two or three workers on the building site stated shouting out to the police- “Hey! He’s all right! He’s not hurting anyone! Leave him alone”. The author explained that in South Africa if you interfere with the police you will be arrested (or worse) as well and he simply could not believe the boldness of the workers. When the police complied with the workers directions, left the drunk and drove off, the author found himself laughing out loud at the beauty and simplicity of what he had witnessed. The Police are >servants< of the people.
I wish ‘Steve’ had some honest working class farmers or construction workers nearby to protect those “rights” he “knew”.:slap:

You do realize that the "Steve" videos are fake, right?

Wombat

You do realize that the "Steve" videos are fake, right?

Nope...I didn't see anything indicating it was a fake...just read the liner notes and took it at face value-

"This is one of my favorites. Through a friend on the force, I got one of Steve's arrest videos from the summer of 2005. In south Louisiana this behavior is not uncommon at all."

Wombat

Oh lord gotta see the humor

Then perhaps you will enjoy (or already be aware of)-
'Casey the punisher'
Clip of schoolboy Casey retaliating against a schoolyard bully. The clip has gone viral/global Whoopi Goldberg discussing it on her show, the Koreans turning it into an online game and massive media coverage in Australia.

[youtube]lpRBPKMtYuQ[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpRBPKMtYuQ

Here's my problem with the entire subsequent debate and media discussion...>nobody<...has given any consideration to or questioned the role of the school in dealing with bullying. In all the subsequent interviews and discussion nobody has asked if there was prior report of the bullying to the school, nobody has asked if the school had a ‘Bullying Audit’ and/or a Bullying Programme (both are first lines of responsible defence against such behaviour).
It seems that everyone is content that Casey was justified and/or a hero...and that the adults in his life had no clear and direct responsibility...............until the next bully gets slam dunked on his head and dies.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

I've noticed the differences between humour in Aus, the UK and the USA as well. It also occurred to me when watching the vids on this thread that were more violent/painful, I didn't find it funny but realised that it was very American humour. There's a lot of American humour that I do enjoy but not that particular strand.

I love English humour the most :yes:

I've noticed that English humour is generally very clever, with complex and well thought out situations. Aus humour is very sarcastic. Very.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I can hardly tolerate listening to this man's voice. His reasoning is so weak and flawed I can feel my brain cells committing suicide.

Lol,when i first read this i thought it was funny,now its on video its hilarious,the worrying thing is so many people believe his spiel.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Lol,when i first read this i thought it was funny,now its on video its hilarious,the worrying thing is so many people believe his spiel.

Yep. I was really sad to learn that he is taken seriously by so many. Just more ignorance to fill the world.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I've noticed the differences between humour in Aus, the UK and the USA as well. It also occurred to me when watching the vids on this thread that were more violent/painful, I didn't find it funny but realised that it was very American humour. There's a lot of American humour that I do enjoy but not that particular strand.

I love English humour the most :yes:

I've noticed that English humour is generally very clever, with complex and well thought out situations. Aus humour is very sarcastic. Very.

Now that is an offensive and stereotypical remark Madhuri. I can't help you lack humor or see it in other things but most certainly my sense of humor is not "American." There are a lot of Americans who don't see humor in violent acts. I think you're upright, perhaps its a reflection of whatever country you're from? If you don't like the video you don't like the video. You're not the only one here looking. Besides I posted other non violent videos yet I guess you didn't want to see those right? If anything my humor is a reflection of.my military (and past background) not that of my country.

Since we Americans are so violent I will post videos of your liking nice boring and comical. Man you're worse than the british when it comes to comedy.