• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Positive energy and thoughts

Hacker

I've read in some of Dr. Wayne Dyer's books that postive thoughts are actually capable of destrying negativity and negative thoughts. Do you think this is true, and do you have a reliable method that you use, mediation, or do you try it and does it work?

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
tlcmel said:
I've read in some of Dr. Wayne Dyer's books that postive thoughts are actually capable of destrying negativity and negative thoughts. Do you think this is true, and do you have a reliable method that you use, mediation, or do you try it and does it work?
:yes:

Hi tlcmel! Yes, I think it's so true. For me it is easy, we live in the woods and when I start in with the negativity I get up and walk out the door... which takes me to a wonderland of peace and beauty. It always makes me grateful, to "count my blessings" literally tho it sounds corny, when I'm down I just start going thru the list of all the wonderful things God has blessed us with and it makes all the difference in my mood.

I have a harder time in the city, and usually can't wait to leave. I can feel the negative vibes from miles away ...

Also it helps to avoid negative people if you are susceptible to their influence, and try to surround yourself with positive types. My husband is a naturally happy person and always succeeds in brightening up my day.

I like to take regular breaks from the news (esp. TV); I'll go weeks at a time without turning it on.

How about you, what keeps you positive?

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
tlcmel said:
See, my problem is, my husband is very negative so I've been trying to cultivate postive thoughts around him but his negativity seems way too overpowering or something, we are on the verge of a divorce, I can just sense it, I have one more semsester of school, and I graduate as a nurse (hopefully) in December, and I'm probably going to be out the door.:run: Meaning, I'm leaving cause I don't think that I can live with him much longer.
Hun I am so very sorry. I went through a divorce from a very negative man, I had a 2 yr old and one on the way, and it was the hardest thing I ever did raising them alone, but was so much better off without him making me feel anxious, depressed etc. all the time. But I felt obliged to try everything to make it "work", and have no regrets in that regard anyway.

But I know what it feels like to be married and alone. Much worse than being single and lonely.

I am in no position to give advice other than to say, I feel for you and hope that you avail yourself of all the comfort and kindness that can be found here at RF, the mods and posters are very nice and ready to help.

I NEVER watch the news, it makes me SICK!! I often wonder about the world we live in, but I'm just trying to stay positve...I hate to sound so negative but I'm working on my thoughts, I really am. And I am GREATLY thankful for what I have, VERY. I just have this miserable husband who thinks that I'm responsible for his happiness, and I'm sorry but I'm not. I've been reading books by Wayne Dyer, he's pretty good. What is your religion, I never heard of it, it sounds French, and I'm actually french believe it or not.:D (Irish and Polish too)

What keeps me positive? My 4 year old daughter, my health and basic needs are well taken care of. I'm very thankful of that. YOu?
I'm an unaffiliated Christian, it means 'little child of God' in French :)

I went to nursing school in Colorado, got 1 sem. away from my BSN and both girls got chickenpox at the same time followed by strep, I was never able to go back and finish (very long story). But I wanted to be a midwife; just wasn't meant to be.

How wonderful you have a little girl, such a source of joy every day! My grandbaby is 3, she makes me laugh. Oh how I love being a grandma.

Hacker

Wow sounds like we have quite a lot in common, you were married to a negative man, your French, and you went to nursing school, lol. Well I hope to see you around on the boards because this place is a nice learning experience for me. Peace and love.)( :)

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
We do have a lot in common. It has been so nice to meet you tlcmel, (just a little correction, I'm not French just a lover of the language, lol) welcome to RF and I look forward to seeing you around.

If you ever need to talk, just PM me I'm here for you. I know you are going through a hard time. Here, have a big :hug: !

Cheers,
MW

finalfrogo

I find that shifting the mind to positivity directly from negative thoughts is difficult. It is easier to just clear my mind of negative thoughts, and let positivity naturally flow in.

finalfrogo

Moon Woman said:
I have a harder time in the city, and usually can't wait to leave. I can feel the negative vibes from miles away ...

Something about nature and a low concentration of humans is just conducive for positivity. I wanted to live in the city... but now I think I may reconsider. I'll try it for a few years, perhaps.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
finalfrogo said:
I find that shifting the mind to positivity directly from negative thoughts is difficult. It is easier to just clear my mind of negative thoughts, and let positivity naturally flow in.
Yes, if that doesn't work watching back to back TiVo'd episodes of South Park could help.

:D

Something about nature and a low concentration of humans is just conducive for positivity. I wanted to live in the city... but now I think I may reconsider. I'll try it for a few years, perhaps.
You know the one city I'd make an exception for is NYC, it defies logic I know. Of all the places we've been, it's the only city I could truly enjoy living in.

finalfrogo

tlcmel said:
See, my problem is, my husband is very negative so I've been trying to cultivate postive thoughts around him but his negativity seems way too overpowering or something, we are on the verge of a divorce, I can just sense it, I have one more semsester of school, and I graduate as a nurse (hopefully) in December, and I'm probably going to be out the door.:run: Meaning, I'm leaving cause I don't think that I can live with him much longer. I NEVER watch the news, it makes me SICK!! I often wonder about the world we live in, but I'm just trying to stay positve...I hate to sound so negative but I'm working on my thoughts, I really am. And I am GREATLY thankful for what I have, VERY. I just have this miserable husband who thinks that I'm responsible for his happiness, and I'm sorry but I'm not. I've been reading books by Wayne Dyer, he's pretty good. What is your religion, I never heard of it, it sounds French, and I'm actually french believe it or not.:D (Irish and Polish too)

What keeps me positive? My 4 year old daughter, my health and basic needs are well taken care of. I'm very thankful of that. YOu?

By becoming more positive yourself, perhaps some positivity will rub off on him. I know how hard it can to change people's attitudes.

To cultivate positivity in yourself, surround yourself with positive people in your daily life. When you find yourself being negative, just empty your mind and focus on whatever activity you're engaging in. Positive thoughts seem to enter an empty mind, while negative thoughts are created by a stressed, frantic, or traumatized mind. Getting lots of fresh air and sun (prizes to be strived for in our world) helps a lot.

The news can be very frightful. I find that newspapers have a little more good news than TV news. I've heard of a newspaper in New York that reports only good news.

I gain positivity with focus. Negative thoughts can be very detrimental. If my mind falls into a negative rut, I feel sick and want to stay in bed all day, so I've learned to shake myself out of such ruts and sustain positivity.

Mavrikmind

I went through a divorse as well and at some point I just got tired of being negetive all the time. finally I left it all behind " droped the bricks so to speak". Your right Tlcmel. your only responsible for your own happiness. As spouses we can help but thats all we can do if our other half doesn't wan't to be positive. Btw Music helped me alot

Hacker

Mavrikmind said:
I went through a divorse as well and at some point I just got tired of being negetive all the time. finally I left it all behind " droped the bricks so to speak". Your right Tlcmel. your only responsible for your own happiness. As spouses we can help but thats all we can do if our other half doesn't wan't to be positive. Btw Music helped me alot
Oh really what kind of music? And I'm not divorced yet!:help: ;)

PureX

Veteran Member
As someone who once was one of those very negative people, and who lost someone I loved deeply because of it, I can tell you that I'm glad she had the courage to leave me. It was many years before I was finally willing to see myself for what I had become, and to begin the long journey of change. And I'm happy to know that she left me and found someone more healthy. And that at least I don't have to feel responsible for being such an oppressive weight around her neck for all those years.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
By sending positive thoughts of love to parts of the body that are in pain, it helps to relieve the pain and help the body to heal faster. I have tried it when I was in pain and it helped. Love is the most powerful force in the world and when we send love to our living cells, they can feel it.

Mavrikmind

At that time, I had a lack of motivation. I went and bought a cd by the band "Live", the first cd they put out was awsome. It brought me such inner peace. Another thing that helped me was writing. It could be anything I would write about. just putting pen to paper helps. Oh and last but not least is talking with friends. Even talking with strangers.

Hacker

Mavrikmind said:
At that time, I had a lack of motivation. I went and bought a cd by the band "Live", the first cd they put out was awsome. It brought me such inner peace. Another thing that helped me was writing. It could be anything I would write about. just putting pen to paper helps. Oh and last but not least is talking with friends. Even talking with strangers.
Strangers, lol? What do you mean exactly?

Hacker

Mavrikmind said:
Well what I mean is too talk with anyone, sometimes strangers can be more understanding than anyone :p
LOL, did you mean to say energy in your signature.:p