• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Positive encouragement for RF

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
In this thread, provide encouragement for RF members, but keep it reasoned, positive, cheerful, and encouraging because after all, we're kind of giving unsolicited advice, the posters haven't volunteered to be critiqued.

There's been a couple of social issues for me in the past. The first is that I never feel real comfortable talking on RF Discord groups. Things go fast, and some of them, you don't get given the same consideration within the group, that you would if you were on the forum.

I think some people have learned to cut me some slack on here though, and it may be important to me because sometimes I come off as fudging the facts when what's happening is when I'm nervous, I kind of think in fantasy/dream like states and lack the ability to properly convey the fine details on something, due to my mental condition and the medicine I'm on. These occasional brain misfirings can lead me to saying some things that I really didn't need to say, like over exaggerating details I think, when I was trying to make simpler points. I think I'm learning though. I'm usually trying my best on here, maybe not always in the Games forum, and learning to function with a bunch of adults in this online community. It's hard but I'm trying to be reasonable and not get overdramatic, and not worry people about my mental health with the things that I post, although I do consider myself in much better shape than when I joined. I also have the additional mental and emotional burden that transitioning can be.

Okay here's what I have to say to some members:

SalixIncendium - If you've happened to noticed I've come off a little distant, there was a thread where I once got a bit irritated, and it was one of those tough religious subjects in like 2020 where it seemed like no matter what one posts or who posts, the subject matter was controversial - that just the matter of posting, created conflict between everyone. But I forgive the both of us and I apologize if I came off distant. I think you're a wise person, careful, respectful, and you once asked what your best thread was. That picture thread you started in Games was really really fun, and for me that might be it. I like your posts, really I do, you're awesome. :heart:

Rival
- I think the political side of RF during the 2020 election and afterwards may have drove a few wedges between me and my friends on here, and you and your friends, just in general, I'm thinking. I just wanted to let you know that I think you're loved and cared about, and some of us may even worry about you just a little bit too much sometimes. But I just wanted to let you know that I read a few of your posts in the last few days and it took courage to say things like asking for forgiveness from RF. I just wanted to let you know I, for one, am not mad or anything. And I hope the rest of RF kind of sees things the same.

Quagmire - The complicated thing I think about you being an admin on a forum, is that people may compliment you, and it's hard to tell whether they're just being nice because of your status. But, there was a thread when I joined where you stood up for me, and it meant a lot whether or not it turned out that my side in the Debate was the one in the wrong. And I've loved your sense of humor on here. So I just wanted to say I see you as doing good work.

Revoltingest - Whether the term you want to use for you and I is friends, frenemies, or acquaintances, I just wanted to say not to take it personal if I get a little jokey some times, and I appreciate talking to you and see you as a friend of mine.

Lewisnotmiller - We had a PM conversation once and it meant quite a bit to me. I worry that I didn't make much sense in it since I'm a recoverer from mental health issues. 2020 was a better year than 2019 for me, but I think 2021 is a better year still.

EvangelicalHumanist - We don't talk much, but I do hope you and I are on decent terms, even if I may come off as a bit immature and airheaded sometimes. I recall a thread early on that I kind of botched up. I recall you asked me a question about God, and I read it as a joke not understanding the context, and posted a GIF in response as a result. I'm sorry for that.

ShadowWolf - These days, I sometimes act a little bit sassy as a defense mechanism for being hurt, to try to avoid being hurt further. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for that. If I happened to scare you, I'm sorry. These days I do fight fire for fire when spoken of or quoted and it bothers me, as when I don't, the negative thoughts kind of swirl in my mind for months, then when I finally bring it up, it's like, too late to even approach the subject. The fact is just that, you and Frank are the cool kids, and I'm the newer member who has some ideas which are the same as someone you guys might dislike - progressive, LGBT+ supporting, sex positive despite being trans, and generally rejecting a lot of political and social ideas you guys may be prone to support. :pensive::heart::brokenheart::)

0e10afe3b62b3b864d7488adcf548c4c.png

@Rival @SalixIncendium @Quagmire @Shadow Wolf @Evangelicalhumanist @lewisnotmiller @Revoltingest

Also, if me talking about my mental health in this thread, spawns additional questions from members out of concern... I wanted to elaborate that a pretty good sign I'm doing well is when I'm here posting on the forum, because as an introvert it does take energy sometimes to make posts, for me. If I'm not choosing to disappear or take voluntary leaves from RF, then I think I'm in better shape, than times in the past when I did or was more prone to do so. So what I'm saying is, me posting and being social on websites, and not being a hermit crab and disappearing, is I think a sign of improved health. Generally when I keep the lines of communication open even in tough times, I do consider it healthy and perhaps a sign I'm not going astray.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for all that, Kat-Kat. That was good to hear. :)

I'm glad you're here and that the place is doing good things for you.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So what I'm saying is, me posting and being social on websites, and not being a hermit crab and disappearing, is I think a sign of improved health
I like your OP, it's nice and friendly and open. And I also like you, as well as this is virtually possible, and thanks for sharing things with me. I do feel some similarities with what you write. I also sometimes indulge in "hermit life". When I do it out of genuine "seeking" I'm fine with it, but when I do it out of fear then I know I better get out and do some "seeking" out why and how. RF interactions have helped me a lot the past 3 years, and besides that I enjoyed it also.

Love, Peace and Blessings

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
My asking forgiveness had nothing to do with politics but I guess you're welcome :sweatsmile::yum:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm moved. I'm mostly cold, but I do feel some concern when people are stressed. I don't talk about it, but I often am concerned, too, about the things I post. Sometimes in review I feel like saying "Oh, no what did I post this time!?"

By the way this thread is very short, so you could request to have it removed if you wanted to remove it from general view, perhaps to hide comments about mental health. We don't usually remove threads on request, but when they are less than a page we sometimes do.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
My asking forgiveness had nothing to do with politics but I guess you're welcome :sweatsmile::yum:

Hah. I think my message was more, "You're loved here". Well, now you got more info than you bargained for. :cool:;)

By the way this thread is very short, so you could request to have it removed if you wanted to remove it from general view, perhaps to hide comments about mental health. We don't usually remove threads on request, but when they are less than a page we sometimes do.

Hmm. I'd maybe rather keep it up if possible. Although if anyone objects to what I said about them, like complains, yeah, we might need to remove that chunk from the OP.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmm. I'd maybe rather keep it up if possible. Although if anyone objects to what I said about them, like complains, yeah, we might need to remove that chunk from the OP.
So far no complaints, but if there were we wouldn't tell. Confidentiality is a two way street blocked at both ends. :D

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Let's face it, you all joined a forum with possibly the best format, so you obviously have some taste, even if some recalcitrants are slow to imbibe the negative influences. :oops:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Let's face it, you all joined a forum with possibly the best format
That is so true. I have only glanced at 2 or 3 other forums, but I really disliked their format, RF is so easy on the eye

Last edited: