• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Would you ban the Soviet Flag?

Would you ban the hammer and sickle/ the Soviet flag?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 96.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wellwisher

These polls about banning flags and statues of leaders from the past, has a connection to the First Commandment; Thou shall not have strange gods before me.

After the Jews were liberated from Egypt, by Moses, they wandered in the wilderness. This created unanticipated hardship, after the initial euphoria, and many in the group began to regret their decision to leave Egypt. So, they constructed a golden statue of a calf to appeal to a foreign god.

The magic of the statue of the golden calf, was connected to a subjective affect that is common when viewing good works of art. Good art can make you feel something. This induction of feeling is not done telepathically by the statue. The statue has not power since this is an inanimate object. Rather the visuals from the work of art will enter the brain, via the optic nerve, and trigger something that is already inside of you. However, if you are unconscious of how this neural dynamics work, one may react to the art like it has magical powers; false god.

These flags from the past are all works of art; inanimate objects. They do not have a magical connection to history. They do not contain the spirits of the past. This type of data is inside of you. There is an unconscious projection affect coming from those who overreact.

Whether you allow it to define your political position or allow it to define your repulsion and self righteousness, these states of mind and feeling start and end inside your own mind. The art meanly brings that to the surface. The art affect is sort of like alcohol bringing out things in people that is often hidden behind a mask; alter ego. This affect, if unconsciously projection is forbidden by the first commandment because the art does not do it; false gods. The art is an excuse.

My opinion is to allow symbols of the past to remain, so we can learn about the past and overcome the intoxicating unconscious compulsions; false gods. Running away from the trigger, does not cause your inner darkness to end. It will just become buried for later. It is better to externalize it; at induction, so one can deal with it as part of you, and overcome your own inner demons.

In my observation those from the left, who are more often atheists, over react more to art inductions; due to repressions caused by their orientation.

Brinne

No, I don't think it should be banned.

Though as a 'leftist' I kind of physically cringe when people try to use it in the US for any modern left-leaning movement.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Though as a 'leftist' I kind of physically cringe when people try to use it in the US for any modern left-leaning movement.
I agree, the proper flag of the Revolution is just plain red.
s-l1000.jpg