• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Would you ban the Nazi Flag?

Would you ban the Swastica/the Nazi Flag?

• Yes

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Don't Know/Other

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heyo

Veteran Member
I don't know, what do these people look like to you?
CHARLOTTESVILLE-RALLY-11-08-17.jpg
Yeah, and look at all the swastikas. They'd be really pissed when it gets banned.

Edit: in Germany they'd be in legal trouble as the "Hitlergruß" is also banned. So, yeah, maybe start with that?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
And calling for ethnic cleansing or genocide isn't really a direct threat. After all, Neonazis have assured the American public that they're only after "peaceful genocide" and seeking their ethnostates by "nonviolent" means. (This is not a joke, by the way.)
We are only talking about a flag here. Any specific threats would have to be judged on there directness and handled as its own issue.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Yeah, and look at all the swastikas. They'd be really pissed when it gets banned.

Edit: in Germany they'd be in legal trouble as the "Hitlergruß" is also banned. So, yeah, maybe start with that?
We are only talking about a flag here. Any specific threats would have to be judged on there directness and handled as its own issue.
Both of you are right, of course.

At the time of my posting, I was incorrectly assuming that the OP was talking about a ban of Nazism in general using the flag as a stand in, and did not realize yet that they were talking about literally only banning the flag and nothing else.

Sorry for that misunderstanding on my part. I agree with you that only banning the flag would be rather daft in that context.