• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Should I stay or should I go

Would you move or not?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Might, it depends

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more
"A little while longer"
I don't know how old this psalm is. But when I say "a little while longer"
I mean "a little while", maximum a few years, not thousand years or more
Everyone can claim prophecies this way; nobody there to prove them wrong

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If there were other planets, one or more, that might be habitable for humans but with many difficulties, and not so heavenly as Earth (in comparison),
I went to India. Looked like another planet to me. All these diseases, for sure many difficulties. But it felt like being in Heaven (when in the Ashram)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I went to India. Looked like another planet to me. All these diseases, for sure many difficulties. But it felt like being in Heaven (when in the Ashram)

India is a complely alien place to me but i love it, so much going on all the time

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If there were other planets, one or more, that might be habitable for humans but with many difficulties, and not so heavenly as Earth (in comparison), would you decide to go rather than stay on a decaying and perhaps overcrowded Earth - given that travelling to such wouldn't take up all your life getting there (technology advancing to do this)?

Yes, I know it is probably unlikely for a long time, if ever, so just a thought experiment. And also given that we get a choice rather than this being enforced.

No.
You are too accustomed and climatised to jolly old earth.
Enjoy your days here.........

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If there were other planets, one or more, that might be habitable for humans but with many difficulties, and not so heavenly as Earth (in comparison), would you decide to go rather than stay on a decaying and perhaps overcrowded Earth - given that travelling to such wouldn't take up all your life getting there (technology advancing to do this)?

Yes, I know it is probably unlikely for a long time, if ever, so just a thought experiment. And also given that we get a choice rather than this being enforced.

do I have to earn a paycheck?

or is it everyman for himself

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

If I felt that I could be of benefit there I would. I would not go merely to escape Earth. Even a toxic, cramped, warring Earth is a better bet than any new planet.

QuestioningMind

I've always considered it quite presemtuous that humans think they have the right to travel off to other planets without permission.

The inspired scripture in the Bible states that Jehovah God gave the earth to humankind, and put all living creation on the earth in the care of humans. It no where indicates that humans have been given permission to habitate other worlds elsewhere.

In any event, of course not. Jehovah is about to do away with all human governments and restore peace to the earth in a wonderful paradise.

Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more;
You will look at where they were,
And they will not be there.
11 But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Pslam 37:10, 11.

What a bizarre definition of 'just a little while longer'... 2000+ years and counting. So when should we expect it... the year 3000, 4000, MAYBE by the year 5000?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Metis, I am sure that the other members have pointed it out. Poll structurally wrong.
"Would you move or not?" Yes, no, Blah, Blah.
Yes to what? Staying back or moving out?

In my case, it is staying back. I do not have that many years left to travel to some other world.

Heyo

Veteran Member
A question for the atheists who decided to poke fun at the theists that wish to stay behind for religious reasons:

Why do you feel you have the right to judge another that may wish to stay behind for religious reasons? How does their choice affect you?
I didn't mock them and I never would. I'd encourage them.
Less theists in space.

Heyo

Veteran Member

I'd move to space, even to an orbit around another sun, even if the chance to reach it in my lifetime is slim.
But to a planet? Why? Who would want to live on a planet once we have the technology to reach one? With the same technology we could build space stations that can be formed to be as pleasant as any planet - without going down that gravity well.
Of course no one in her/his right mind would ask me to join and I'd have the request that the society on the station/ship is better than the one on earth. And space would be the right place to build such a society. When you can move if your neighbour doesn't like your nose, there is little reason for conflict.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Metis, I am sure that the other members have pointed it out. Poll structurally wrong.
"Would you move or not?" Yes, no, Blah, Blah.
Yes to what? Staying back or moving out?

In my case, it is staying back. I do not have that many years left to travel to some other world.

Well the question was - Would you move or not - so that was reasonably explicit. The title was just something to enable the music link. One would expect the first of these, 'move' to take precedence over the second, 'not'.