• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Should I stay or should I go

Would you move or not?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Might, it depends

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eyes to See

Capitalist mindset again.

Capitalism is an economic system based on the private ownership of the means of production and their operation for profit.

If you noticed the prophecy I quoted states just the opposite of what capitalism does. Did you know that in capitalist societies many of the laborers that build the houses do not live in them? Many cannot even afford to have their own house. Notice in God's new world everyone will be given land to own and to plow and to live on. There will be no money, there will be no profiteering.

Re-read the prophecy again:

They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating. For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be; and the work of their own hands my chosen ones will use to the full.-Isaiah 65:22.

Money will not exist in the new world. You will not have poor people or starving people either. Everyone will have a house and everyone will have an overabuandce of food:

There will be an abundance of grain on the earth;
On the top of the mountains it will overflow.

-Psalm 72:16.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The allowance of evil is temporary. Evil will not be allowed beyond the confines of earth. Most everyone who has ever lived will be resurrected in paradise and taught the truth. And all will be given the option to live forever in peace or to rebel. Most will chose life. Some will chose death. The choice is and has always been yours. Every human who has ever lived will eventually know who God is for better or worse, even those who died with no clue.

Can this be evidence or should it have been tagged as IMHO?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You either did not understand anything I wrote, or are to proud to admit you were wrong in your accusation. It is a pointless debate anyway.
I do understand what you wrote.
You tried to push your opinion as Biblical and it is not.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If there were other planets, one or more, that might be habitable for humans but with many difficulties, and not so heavenly as Earth (in comparison), would you decide to go rather than stay on a decaying and perhaps overcrowded Earth - given that travelling to such wouldn't take up all your life getting there (technology advancing to do this)?

Yes, I know it is probably unlikely for a long time, if ever, so just a thought experiment. And also given that we get a choice rather than this being enforced.

While I'm not opposed to the idea of humans migrating to another planet, I, personally, would not go primarily due to my age.

It would likely be quite a lengthy trip to another habitable planet, and I wouldn't have much time left once I arrived. So I would stay in favor of younger people making the trip.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
A question for the atheists who decided to poke fun at the theists that wish to stay behind for religious reasons:

Why do you feel you have the right to judge another that may wish to stay behind for religious reasons? How does their choice affect you?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
While I'm not opposed to the idea of humans migrating to another planet, I, personally, would not go primarily due to my age.

It would likely be quite a lengthy trip to another habitable planet, and I wouldn't have much time left once I arrived. So I would stay in favor of younger people making the trip.

Me too, but perhaps when younger I might, and we could always consider the possibility of a wormhole, such that it wasn't that long to get there - hypothetically of course.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
A question for the atheists who decided to poke fun at the theists that wish to stay behind for religious reasons:

Why do you feel you have the right to judge another that may wish to stay behind for religious reasons? How does their choice affect you?

Well this certainly opens up a new dimension. Perhaps they caused the decaying of the Earth - squabbling as to which was the right belief rather than uniting to get our behaviour right - as per Baha'i? :oops:

ChristineM

Premium Member

It doesn't but by the same token, how have they the right to deny others their will?

Daemon Sophic

If there were other planets, one or more, that might be habitable for humans but with many difficulties, and not so heavenly as Earth (in comparison), would you decide to go rather than stay on a decaying and perhaps overcrowded Earth - given that travelling to such wouldn't take up all your life getting there (technology advancing to do this)?

Yes, I know it is probably unlikely for a long time, if ever, so just a thought experiment. And also given that we get a choice rather than this being enforced.

You’re asking for pioneers. I can’t say that I would be one, especially at this current point in my life with two teenage children and my wife. However, if you had caught me while I was young and either single or newly married, I very well might consider that.

I would also wonder how long the trip is back-and-forth is and how good is communication between the worlds. If it was a quick and easy trip, then if one of my children grew up and became a pioneer I could still visit them on the weekends. Or if both went away then perhaps I would also go.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah, But the earth he has given to the sons of men.
-Psalm 115:16.

What would you call it if you went onto a property you did not own without permission? Is it not trespassing? God has given the earth to humankind. But the heavens belong to him. If you want to prance around in the heavens he has created you should get permission from him first. That is up to him to grant it or not. It is also up to him to decide what to do with those who trespass into what does not belong to them.

Which is why I have so much antipathy towards so many religious beliefs. People (you apparently) often seem to accept what is written as literal truth. When, whoever wrote such, didn't even know about the extent of the universe, the number of planets, stars, galaxies, etc. - unless one can prove such was actually the 'word of God'. How do you know that 'the heavens' relates to all of existence? But thousands of years later the impact of what was written is apparent. Did you see the film, Contact? Perhaps a taste of what the future holds - as much discord and friction as has been the case ever since religions developed.

PS Does this include the Moon, since we have already sinned apparently. :oops:

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
I did. I see where he is saying that he believes that humans should not migrate to other planets. I still don’t see where he said you can’t go.

Perhaps in the same way that some atheists believe otherwise

And i am not sure i have seen any judgement by atheist, only rhetoric on why one should not leave earth.