• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll for men

Please tread THE ENTIRE OP :)

• I prefer the paragraphs

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I prefer the pictures

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • I just want to see the thread results without clicking "view" every time

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I think you underestimate the general male population. Much of the men I know, our sons, friends of my husband, friends of our sons (hubbie calls it "locker room talk"), may say facetiously that they love the 36-24-36 shape of women first, but later admit that they want a woman with personality and that's what is the bigger turn on overall.

EDIT TO ADD: My husband just added that the locker room talk is all show. That it's the brains and the personality that really turn them on, but that it's somehow more expected culturally to be a shallow son-of-a-**** with the buddies. It's only in private conversations with the other buddies one-on-one over a beer or after playing basketball where they share that looks aren't nearly as important as personality.

I already had a LOT of those conversations, and this couldn't be more inaccurate according to my own data. Just saying.

Me Myself

Back to my username
EDIT TO ADD: My husband just added that the locker room talk is all show. That it's the brains and the personality that really turn them on, but that it's somehow more expected culturally to be a shallow son-of-a-**** with the buddies. It's only in private conversations with the other buddies one-on-one over a beer or after playing basketball where they share that looks aren't nearly as important as personality.

I know nothing of locker room conversations. MOst of my friends are the way I described, and those I call my friends are not "locker room" friends. Are real friends who have told me their real desires, weaknesses and hopes.

They didn´t lie to me about it.

Neither did the women that said the same to me BTW.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Allow me to add a thing: Whenever i hear a man saying that looks aren't nearly as important as personality, they always say it in the context of a lasting romantic relationship. They are not talking about sex, rather they are talking the relationship as a whole.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Allow me to add a thing: Whenever i hear a man saying that looks aren't nearly as important as personality, they always say it in the context of a romantic relationship. They are not talking about sex, rather they are talking the relationship as a whole.

Ditto.

Non of my friends have said personality is worthless in a romantic relationship, neither female nor male. But all my male friends and most my female friends say looks are the most important part if they are only looking for sex.

Males are more predominant on it and have bigger emphasis on looks. Women are more prone to being turned off by personality. Males are not so prone to that as long as she is hot. this is for sex only.

For relationship, I´ve never had a friend who takes romantic relationships on such a low light as to only consider the looks of the body.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Im very late to this conversation and have no desire to read 23 pages before I post :) So...

While the idea of choosing two women to have sex with entirely by something they have written is appealing to my curiosity, I would likely choose the pictures.

But, besides the premise in the OP, in fact, a woman's personality either makes or breaks it for my sexual attraction to them. A woman can be very physically attractive, but, the wrong personality could cause me to write off attraction altogether. On the other hand, a woman with the right personality becomes that much more attractive to me. I have known women who I wasn't very attracted to, but, based on their personality, I became very attracted to them. Same has gone the other way, some women becoming unattractive altogether.

While there are plenty of men who would like to have sex with a woman based only on her body, I personally would want to have sex with a woman based on who she is as a person, as in: body and personality. If a woman has a great personality but is not physically attractive to me then we can be good friends.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Im very late to this conversation and have no desire to read 23 pages before I post :) So...

While the idea of choosing two women to have sex with entirely by something they have written is appealing to my curiosity, I would likely choose the pictures.

But, besides the premise in the OP, in fact, a woman's personality either makes or breaks it for my sexual attraction to them. A woman can be very physically attractive, but, the wrong personality could cause me to write off attraction altogether. On the other hand, a woman with the right personality becomes that much more attractive to me. I have known women who I wasn't very attracted to, but, based on their personality, I became very attracted to them. Same has gone the other way, some women becoming unattractive altogether.

While there are plenty of men who would like to have sex with a woman based only on her body, I personally would want to have sex with a woman based on who she is as a person, as in: body and personality. If a woman has a great personality but is not physically attractive to me then we can be good friends.

Do you also have this experience that the majority are turned on mostly by visual traits?

It is my most overwelming experience on the subject, and the same for my male friends when they talked about it with others.

Me Myself

Back to my username
If a woman has a great personality but is not physically attractive to me then we can be good friends.

Wait... but only friends? why not more given that you said personality can make women become sexy to you? does it not always work? or are you here meaning a women that you are particularly repeled physically speaking?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I already had a LOT of those conversations, and this couldn't be more inaccurate according to my own data. Just saying.

My husband is over 40. I think he's had a LOT of these conversations too.

I guess it comes down to who's someone I'd rather hang out with in the end. And who most women would want to hang out with, too.

Just saying.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Once, when my husband and I went to a bar, we ran into an acquaintance of his who is the local barfly. He hops from bar to bar and picks up women right and left, talking about T & A, and what his standards are for what a woman has to have with her measurements and all. He came up to me while the hubbie was still there (and the hubbie started grinning to himself wondering what I will do).

So, the guy starts talking with me about women, about what he likes, and how he'll play the game as long as he can. After listening to him for a while, I said in front of everybody, "You're only saying that because you don't want anyone else to know deep down just how vulnerable you really are."

"That's ************!"

"It's true. You're putting up a front to show everyone you're some tough guy, when in reality, you are more alone than ever. Deep down you just want a woman to love you for you, and you could care less about how big her ***s are."

After about 30 minutes of us going back and forth in this manner, my husband goes into the bathroom after silently listening to us banter.

The guy gets really close to me and says, "Look, I don't know what you're doing here, but stop it. That really hurts my feelings. How can you go on and on and keep saying that about me?"

After that, he left the bar. My husband comes back and says, "I guess you ****** him off to the point where he couldn't handle the truth." And he smiled.

Men are much deeper and care about much more than looks than some of the comments reveal here. And what I have found to be true, is that the older men get, the more honest they are about that truth. They don't have to pretend as much anymore.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Men are much deeper and care about much more than looks than some of the comments reveal here. And what I have found to be true, is that the older men get, the more honest they are about that truth. They don't have to pretend as much anymore.

Looks are not the most important factor in relationships, and anyone who says otherwise is certainly completely clueless.

However, this is beyond the scope of the topic. Which is why it serves as an example as to how you can amaze me. :p

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Looks are not the most important factor in relationships, and anyone who says otherwise is certainly completely clueless.

However, this is beyond the scope of the topic. Which is why it serves as an example as to how you can amaze me. :p

Alceste pointed it out earlier that one night stands ARE a form of relationship. It's a short term relationship, but one nonetheless.

You are relating with another person. Considering getting off outside the scope of a relationship is akin to having a blow up doll or getting off while looking at a JC Penney catalog.

dust1n

Zindīq
Men who are sexually atracted to women btw. (No, lesbians are not to take this poll, I am interested only in male atraction tofemale on here )

So, let´s say you are part of an experiment, and there are 10 women from which you can choose 2 to have sex with.

Now, you must choose BEFORE knowing them in person, and before choosing your 2 women you must choose the METHOD of choosing.

You wont meet them in person before choosing, so you can either have:

-A picture of every female of the 10 candidates. The picture is full body all of them using the same bikini and in the same pose ( a "neutral" one)

or

-A 10 lines paragraph written by each. The paragraph will not include anything regarding their physical appearance nor preferences in sex. Each woman chooses what to write, it may be peotry, a day in the mall, her favorite music, anything. She chooses.

So, to select wiith which 2 of this 10 candidates you will have sex with you have to choose on either the paragraphs or the pictures .

For this example we are supposing the only thing you can know for certain about this women is that they are 18 or more, are women, are healthy and are very excited about having sex with you. Further more, they all are very interested in satisfying you in bed. (Or anywhere you are doing it :D)

It is also very important to notice that YOU WONT ever see them again after having sex. There is absolutely no hope of a relationship that doesn´t have to do with sex. This is going to be 100% a sexual encounter and nothing more.

So I hope I haven´t missed anything.

Now I´ll be putting up the poll :D

I wouldn't choose.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Alceste pointed it out earlier that one night stands ARE a form of relationship. It's a short term relationship, but one nonetheless.

You are relating with another person. Considering getting off outside the scope of a relationship is akin to having a blow up doll or getting off while looking at a JC Penney catalog.

Irrelevant. This is like debating over semantics.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Do you also have this experience that the majority are turned on mostly by visual traits?

It is my most overwelming experience on the subject, and the same for my male friends when they talked about it with others.

Yes, most of my male friends could have sex with a woman based only on looks and completely casually. On the other hand, I have had multiple female friends tell me that they would not even want to see a guy naked if they didnt have a thing for him. I found that odd.

Wait... but only friends? why not more given that you said personality can make women become sexy to you? does it not always work? or are you here meaning a women that you are particularly repeled physically speaking?

Well, sometimes I just wont be physically attracted to a woman even though she has a great personality. While I dont have high standards for looks, per se, I do have particular standards, if that makes any sense.