• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Political Compass Results

Sees

Dragonslayer
Prolly early signs of dementia that made you answer a couple of questions incorrectly, LOL. :D

I wonder if it interprets me saying people should work if able and not expect cushy government hand-outs = unkind, authoritarian fascist. :laughing:

There really isn't enough questions that isolate a stance on big vs. little government - outside of the few (usually loaded) questions concerning large corporations.

I stay at the bullseye spot or slightly up despite believing in smaller, more localized, very restricted government structure which doesn't stray out of it's limited, basic roles.

Acim

Revelation all the time
I don't remind the results (so much), but found the questions very challenging to answer in way that makes sense. Kept hoping for a middle response along lines of "I could go either way on this." Felt the test had some questionably worded phrasings. Feel if I took same test tomorrow, the results would be different, which is obviously partly about me, but I think is mostly because of how things are worded. Tests, or any inquiry with the words "should," "always," "never," and "naturally" are always questionable for me, and should naturally be rethought for better consideration, or never even asked in the first place.

But I came out (today) with:

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.67

Laika

Premium Member
Intriguing. Any idea why?

Marxist ideology has few solid ideological commitments and is more a way of reasoning. When you get behind the language and see the Orwellian "doublethink" in the dialectic, It's not a shopping list of political demands but a method of understanding. This is how Lenin and Deng Xio Peng could justify using market economics, Karl Marx supported Free Trade as a way to bring about the destruction of capitalism or Stalin making a pact with the Nazis or used income inequalities to incentivise people. I have resisted this for a long time because it's potentially so "unprincipled", comes off as a dangerous, counter-intuitive and alien way of thinking.

Once the penny dropped that I don't have to commit to a formula- I've just started exploring and reinventing my ideas constantly, Borrowing ideas from anywhere I like including the far right or libertarians, etc. Intellectually, I'm burning my way through new ideas. Sort of hit a moment of "critical mass" when I could go almost anywhere in the political compass if I can do it sincerely.

There is no longer a definite label I can use. That's been extremely disorientating and conventional political terms have broken down and their meanings keep changing. I'm still a Communist in a very limited sense but there are many routes to that destination, if you will. There isn't even 100% agreement on the nature of the destination. You just have to figure out what works. The political compass is like a map of possibilities waiting to be explored. Plus it's sort of cool in a fun and intellectually subversive way to try combinations of ideas that seem either impossible or morally wrong and taboo. :D

Demonslayer

I didn't think I'd come out quite as liberal.
---------------------------
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59

chart

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I found this set of results developed from different forums. It makes for an interesting comparison to see where different groups line up.

http://lpetrich.org/Politics/Compass/DensityPlots.html
I wonder what's up with the general left-slant? I would have though Ummah.com would have had more of a right-winged presence than what it apparently has, and the neo-Fascist Storm Front doesn't seem so fascist going by that. I also wonder why Christian Forums was the only one with its outliers enhanced?
And if you "watch" it from Rants & Raves down through Cross + Flames (and skip over Heathen Hub), it kind of looks like ours with @Revoltingest being assimilated into the Left.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

chart

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.44