• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please pray for me I am bisexual.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
She was also most likely Scizopherenic too, at least by today's standards
With respect to you and @VoidCat, she wasn't LGBT or mentally ill. That's just modern people trying to fit her into a present day mold. If she were that mentally ill, she wouldn't have been able to function so well and it's not like people haven't had an idea about psychosis before the modern day. They knew about "madness".

Just because you have religious visions, that does not mean you are mentally ill. Psychotic delusions are fairly obviously delusions.

And the LGBT has even less of a leg to stand on because there's no evidence of it at all. She had to wear male clothing because she was going into battle. They didn't have female armor and war clothing.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
With respect to you and @VoidCat, she wasn't LGBT or mentally ill. That's just modern people trying to fit her into a present day mold. If she were that mentally ill, she wouldn't have been able to function so well and it's not like people haven't had an idea about psychosis before the modern day. They knew about "madness".

Just because you have religious visions, that does not mean you are mentally ill. Psychotic delusions are fairly obviously delusions.

And the LGBT has even less of a leg to stand on because there's no evidence of it at all. She had to wear male clothing because she was going into battle. They didn't have female armor and war clothing.
look I'm just putting forth a theory I heard. It may or may not be true. It's a theory among others that I heard. I'm actually not very well versed on Joan of Arc and history. I just know a lot of folk who believe she may have been lgbt or mentally ill. Whether she was or not I do not know. I just put forth that information to show @Frank Goad that it's possible to be lgbt and christian. if it wasn't then folk would not be debating if she was or not lgbt.

libre

Skylark
She had to wear male clothing because she was going into battle. They didn't have female armor and war clothing.
Wikipedia suggests Joan had spiritual reasons for her cross dressing rather than just the practical reasons that would come to mind.
During the trial proceedings, Joan is not recorded as giving a practical reason why she cross-dressed.[317] She stated that it was her own choice to wear men's clothes,[318] and that she did so not at the request of men but by the command of God and his angels.[319] She stated she would return to wearing women's clothes when she fulfilled her calling.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

I was very careful to say "by today's standards"

If I said God talks to me I wouldn't become a military leader I'd find myself on a psychiatric unit......

I am watching a documentary about her now so don't know too much about her although I'd agree that saying she was trans is very problematic

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
look I'm just putting forth a theory I heard. It may or may not be true. It's a theory among others that I heard. I'm actually not very well versed on Joan of Arc and history. I just know a lot of folk who believe she may have been lgbt or mentally ill. Whether she was or not I do not know. I just put forth that information to show @Frank Goad that it's possible to be lgbt and christian. if it wasn't then folk would not be debating if she was or not lgbt.
No, it's fine. No worries. These are ideas that have been going around for awhile.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I was very careful to say "by today's standards"

If I said God talks to me I wouldn't become a military leader I'd find myself on a psychiatric unit......
Trained professionals are supposed to account for religious and cultural contexts. It's not delusional to feel your deity communicates with you. It also has to be something that is negatively affecting the quality of your life.
I am watching a documentary about her now so don't know too much about her although I'd agree that saying she was trans is very problematic
Right.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
This is an unempathetic thing to say.
It was neither empathetic nor unempathetic. It was an inquiry based upon the OP’s history of posts during his years on the forum. I certainly was not disparaging him for being bisexual nor was I commenting on bisexuality per se.

To the extent that any of us, on a forum, can be of any assistance, more meaningful than platitudes, to the OP in resolving his inner turmoil, more information is necessary.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Please pray for me I am bisexual.:(

Let me be Frank with you,no,you were Frank last night.

Just joking,do what makes you happy,if it hurts no one it’s all good,personally I don’t understand how anyone could replace a woman but being bi isn’t a new thing.