• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Reminders -

So trust me - you cannot POSSIBLY shock me! Wherever you are in terms of darkness I have experienced the same darkness or worse.

Gang - poems!

Gmail - for askme - what else - poems - 3 of em ...

Negativ thread - from third sheet.

That's it - if anyone reads this don't worry - it will make sense eventually ...

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Simpler? Far less ego!

Do you need help?

We are living in a very troubled world. Many people need help to cope with difficult personal problems.

Maybe you might like to post their problems and concerns. Then myself or other forum members could offer you some kindly advice and a few words of encouragement.

Many people have little or no emotional support in their darkest times. I was more fortunate than them. So I would like to do all I can in my own small way to help if I can.

Call me crazy but I really DO believe in the power of love to transform lives. I don't believe I am "special" in any way. I truly believe we all have the SAME potential. We just haven't yet worked out how most people can reach their FULL potential. But things may be slowly changing ...

I am certainly not arrogant enough to believe that I have ALL the answers! But I may be able to direct you to some very helpful books and Internet resources.

Where there is life there is hope. I am living proof that nobody is a hopeless case. I was a borderline Psychopath for many years. If you had suggested to me that one day I would get RIGHT into meditation and reading books like "The Power of Now" and treating everyone with kindness and compassion ... well ... I would have absolutely laughed in your face!

So please feel free to tell me anything. I promise you cannot POSSIBLY shock me! Whatever darkness you may be experiencing, I have experienced the same or much worse. I promise I won't judge you or anything like that.

If you feel like sharing your problems, I am all ears. Sometimes I am far more inspired and compassionate than at other times so don't expect "instant wisdom" all the time. I may need to dwell on your problem for a while until I can come up with a few recommendations.

Anyway, wishing you all the very best and I look forward to some interesting replies!

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Sep post!

It has been pointed out to me that this thread may be an unwise move - since this is an open forum anyone who reads this thread is free to offer their advice. Not all advice is terribly sound. So you may need to wade through a lot of "nonsense" to arrive at the good stuff.

I must admit - it SURE is a crucial and puzzling question - how does ANYONE ever decide what advice to follow? There are myriad points-of-view in this amazing and expanding universe. What makes my advice any better than anyone else's?

We all tend to believe that our way is the "right" way - no matter how many people may hold the opposite opinion/belief!

If joy is any criterion, then I must be doin somethin right! It almost feels miraculous that I have been able to emerge from that darkness with most of my marbles!

My current experience is WAY beyond anything I would have dared dream possible at one stage!

Anyways, enough philosophising. If you still trust me to advise you, feel free to ask me anything at all. I can't necessarily guarantee you a similar miracle but you just ever know what can happen in this life!

In the meantime, I sincerely wish you peace of mind and true happiness - no matter how far away they may seem from your current predicament!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Even better? -

It has been pointed out to me that this thread may be an unwise move - since this is an open forum anyone who reads this thread is free to offer their advice. Not all advice is terribly sound. So you may need to wade through a lot of "nonsense" to arrive at the good stuff.

I must admit - it SURE is a crucial and puzzling question - how does ANYONE ever decide what advice to follow? There are myriad points-of-view in this amazing and expanding universe. What makes my advice any better than anyone else's?

We all tend to believe that our way is the "right" way - no matter how many people may hold the opposite opinion/belief!

Maybe I am over-thinking this just a bit ...

So please be patient while I share a few more thoughts/doubts ...

Just who amongst us IS qualified to advise others? We are all flawed & imperfect. We all mess up from time to time. We are all evolving - it kust seems that some of us are evolving a little faster than the rest.

Very few of us can manage to be kind & compassionate all-the-time.

Maybe I am totally delusional to assume that my experiences qualify me to advise other people who are in the same boat that I used to be in?

Just because I have experienced a rather miraculous transformation doesn't necessarily mean that I have the power to assist others to transform their lives.

But I promise to give it my best shot if you tell me your problems!

Anyway ... if joy is any criterion, then I must be doin somethin right! It almost feels miraculous that I have been able to emerge from that darkness with most of my marbles!

My current experience is WAY beyond anything I would have dared dream possible at one stage!

Anyways, enough philosophising. If you still trust me to advise you, feel free to ask me anything at all. I can't necessarily guarantee you a similar miracle but you just ever know what can happen in this life!

In the meantime, I sincerely wish you peace of mind and true happiness - no matter how far away they may seem from your current predicament!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Do you need help?

We are living in a very troubled world. Many people need help to cope with difficult personal problems.

Maybe you might like to post their problems and concerns. Then myself or other forum members could offer you some kindly advice and a few words of encouragement.

Many people have little or no emotional support in their darkest times. I was more fortunate than them. So I would like to do all I can in my own small way to help if I can.

Call me crazy but I really DO believe in the power of love to transform lives. I don't believe I am "special" in any way. I truly believe we all have the SAME potential. We just haven't yet worked out how most people can reach their FULL potential. But things may be slowly changing ...

I am certainly not arrogant enough to believe that I have ALL the answers! But I may be able to direct you to some very helpful books and Internet resources.

Where there is life there is hope. I am living proof that nobody is a hopeless case. I was a borderline Psychopath for many years. If you had suggested to me that one day I would get RIGHT into meditation and reading books like "The Power of Now" and treating everyone with kindness and compassion ... well ... I would have absolutely laughed in your face!

So please feel free to tell me anything. I promise you cannot POSSIBLY shock me! Whatever darkness you may be experiencing, I have experienced the same or much worse. I promise I won't judge you or anything like that.

If you feel like sharing your problems, I am all ears. Sometimes I am far more inspired and compassionate than at other times so don't expect "instant wisdom" all the time. I may need to dwell on your problem for a while until I can come up with a few recommendations.

Anyway, wishing you all the very best and I look forward to some interesting replies!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Sep post!

Just who amongst us IS qualified to advise others? We are all flawed & imperfect. We all mess up from time to time. We are all evolving - it kust seems that some of us are evolving a little faster than the rest.

Maybe I am totally delusional to assume that my experiences qualify me to advise other people who are in the same boat that I used to be in?

Just because I have experienced a rather miraculous transformation doesn't necessarily mean that I have the power to assist others to transform their lives.

I would say that MANY people are secretly yearning for a miraculous transformation to end the suffering.

So, I promise to give it my best shot if you tell me your problems!

Anyway ... if joy is any criterion, then I must be doin somethin right! It almost feels miraculous that I have been able to emerge from that darkness with most of my marbles!

I really do wish I could find a way to make my joy more contagious!

I won't lie to you - life can seem monstrously unfair to many people. I often wonder why I have been so blessed while many are suffering terribly. Maybe it is karma or something like that? It mystfies me completely.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Do you need help?

Many people do not really love themselves nearly enough. It can be a major source of personal problems and unhappiness. This is an issue that I wrestled with for many years so I know just how frustrating & distressing it can be!

Here is a site that may help you -

Self-love and Acceptance with Lori Deschene from TinyBuddha.com (Part 1) - Becoming Who You Are

This is one of the better happiness sites I have found -

https://positivepsychlopedia.com/year-of-happy/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Re-do the posts - very busy ... see journal!

What Do Enlightened People Know that Others Don't?

Believe it or not, there was a time when I would completely have agreed with you! Nobody is more amazed than me.

Our opinions are naturally shaped by our experiences. That explains the huge variety. I have obviously had very different experiences than you have had.

All the best!

You may have a point - I am still evolving. I do tend to get a little "evangelical" at times. Trust me - I'm working on it ...

It has been a long and often scary path to arrive where I am at. I am grateful but completely mystified!

Looking back, it is an absolute miracle I didn't go completely mad or blow my brains out!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Simpler? Far less ego!

Do you need help?

Maybe you might like to post your problems and concerns. Then myself or other forum members could offer you some kindly advice and a few words of encouragement.

Many people do not really love themselves nearly enough. It can be a major source of personal problems and unhappiness. This is an issue that I wrestled with for many years so I know just how frustrating & distressing it can be!

Here is a site that may help you -

Self-love and Acceptance with Lori Deschene from TinyBuddha.com (Part 1) - Becoming Who You Are

This is one of the better happiness sites I have found -

https://positivepsychlopedia.com/year-of-happy/

Anyway, I sincerely wish you all the very best and I look forward to some interesting replies!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Sep post!

Just who amongst us IS qualified to advise others? We are all flawed & imperfect. We all mess up from time to time. We are all evolving - it just seems that some of us are evolving a little faster than the rest.

I would say that MANY people are secretly yearning for a miraculous transformation to end their suffering.

So, I promise to give it my best shot if you tell me your problems!

I really do wish I could find a way to make my joy more contagious!

I won't lie to you - life can seem monstrously unfair to many people. I often wonder why I have been so blessed while many are suffering terribly. Maybe it is karma or something like that? It mystfies me completely.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Some possible replies? - read carefully ...

Then!!!!! - to actually help people with tough problems! - a little nervous but these may help!!! -

Tiny Buddha articles!

Tolle and Marci! Plus books2.htm - yes!

Tiny Buddha love self search! - is that in kind2.htm?

Trust me - where there's life there's hope. I used to be as angry and cynical as anyone on this planet!

Schizophrenia at its worst is an abolute masterclass in suffering!

I must confess that I am not feeling particularly inspired just at the moment. It can be frustratingly elusive at times. So you will need to be patient. I promise I will give your problem very careful consideration and I will get back to you with my recommendations.

In the meantime - happy?

Tolle youtube!

Who else? - Pema - plus her site!

Dalai and Ricard ... toooo much?

Feel perfectly free to tell me anything. I promise you won't shock me! I may not have walked in your shoes but I can assure you that I know the dark side of human nature more intimately than your average human being!

Borderline?

I sincerely hope you are able to find some peace of mind and serenity. Hang in there!

Can you help me thread - many wise and experienced souls post to this forum. You never know how they may be able to advise you.

Ann Albers!

Lorna Byrne - youtube?

I really do believe in the power of love to transform people's lives. But I was not ALWAYS so positive - far from it!

Tiny compassion? Plus love self ...

Then!!?? -

TOO naive? There ARE some seriously misguided people at the forum and in this world

And it occurs to me! - Even calling someone "misguided" is a judgement!

Plus - even "only criterion" of a healthy belief system - kinda implies that anyone who holds a different opinion is foolish or misguided!?

See watched = improve forum?

Pity if I do not? - I was alllll fired up and I DO have some terrific advice!

You'll have to be patient with me - I guess I am still evolving!

You might just think a little differently if you had experienced whhat I have experienced.

People talk about the long, dark night of the soul. Well ... mine was VERY long and VERY dark!

I am living proof that love can perform miracles - nobody is more amazed than me to even be saying such things!

I used to truly believe that all normal people were spineless & dishonest and they deserve to be hit with axe!

Loads more in Twyman - dark side too?

Chicken soup miracles - amazon? - or search site - chickensoup.com miracle

One story of miracles!

BEST of all!!??? - thread on has a book ever changed your life - add dozens?

Has a book ever changed your life?

Believe me, I know ALL about the dark-side of human experience!

I used to believe that love was merely a delusion - and a pretty lame one at that! I used to believe that all normal people were so spineless & dishonest that they deserved to be hit with an axe. At times my rage was so intense it bordered on insanity! It is hard for me to imagine a darker experience.

So, I am living proof that nobody is a "hopeless" case!

I truly believe that we ALL have exactly the same potential for love & happiness. As a society we haven't yet found a way to help most people experience their full potential. That is why this world closely resembles a lunatic asylum at present. Hopefully things may be slowly changing but in the meantime many people feel very frustrated and confused.

I have read MANY books over the years - some more helpful than others -

Link to books thread!

Pathway to happiness?! - voice in head - google?

Learning to love yourself can be a very tricky business. It SURE was for me! Many people struggle with it. Hope this helps - if not I do have more suggestions ...

Tiny Buddha’s Guide to Loving Yourself Hannah Braime

This is also amongst the results - an interview with Lori -

Self-love and Acceptance with Lori Deschene

Plus loads more in marc.htm!!! -

A Most Difficult Lesson: People Are Just Doing Their Best - Tiny Buddha

Keeps coming ... tooooo much!??

If I had to sum up my current beliefs in a single sentence, I would say that if you wish 2 experience genuine, lasting happiness you could try treating your fellow human beings with kindness & compassion.

You just never know your luck in this life - some of their advice may be almost as good as mine :)

Patience quotes? - fully!

Personal growth can be very tricky. Sometimes fundamental change can happen relatively quickly but usually it requires time and effort to change your outlook. So, you may need to exercise patience.

Personal growth patience?

Tiny Buddha uncomfortable feelings

Many people meditate for years in their quest for enlightenment. Enlightenment is a state where you no longer experience emotional negativity. Sounds wonderful doesn't it! It's rare but not beyond reach - I truly believe we all are born with the same potential for enlightenment.

There are stories of people becoming "instantly" enlightened so you just never know your luck in this life!

Find happiness by embracing all of your emotions

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Dreams - explain conference!

Dreams thread for gang too!

More possible replies? -

quotes, quotations and passages on love

Vivekananda love quotes

Rashanna?

Oh, I have similar doubts myself, believe me! I may turn out to be lousy at giving advice to troubled souls despite my best intentions ...

Without compassion, your relationships are likely to be stressful & difficult. That was certainly my experience before I started consciously cultivating compassion.

Thought there was more ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Dreams of a better world

The following are "dreams" that were collected at a mental health conference I attended years ago.

The conference was for mental health workers and clients. So, many of the dreams are about how to improve mental heath services. Others are a bit broader ...

To dance as if no one is watching.

That everyone's song be heard.

I would like to see a time when "Care of the Soul" becomes as important as Care of the Mind and Care of the Body.

My dream is that one day mental health care is truly integrated into community based care that does NOT involve psychiatrists as the primary decision maker & authority holder. I dream that one day we will judge the humaneness of our society by how we treat the mentally ill.

That we should no longer think of anyone as "them". That love should stop being an unacceptable idea and become how we relate always. That generosity of spirit underpin decision making.

I dream about being accepted for who I am and not the person for who people strive me to be.

To make a difference, be it big or be it small, to someone's life.

In my life – peace, love, understanding. At work – strength of my connections and the ability to get others to follow or taken on board some of my dreams. Hmmmm… To have the time to slow down and hear and see the world as it passes! …

To help myself and others overcome mental illness.

To be cured of my mental illness. To continue to improve my quality of life in the meantime. To bridge the gulf between consumers and psychiatrists.

To be still. To experience. To have fun. To assist. To learn. To love. To understand. To feel and participate in fun activities and open myself up to fun / happiness in the future.

To live life creating adventures with joy & compassion. To make light of my own & other's rules. See each day with its possibilities & opportunities to extend and create more of whatever. To live in love. That flora, fauna & people respect & are respected.

To be able to celebrate me without fear of condemnation, judgments or recriminations. To be laughed, cried with and not at.

To be happy with myself and to work and meet with other people who are happy with themselves. To understand better what makes things and people the way they are.

To sing. To heal & give pleasure with my voice.

To be able to work in harmony with consumers. To collaborate with other services and share knowledge. To be good at what I do.

Rage against the machine.

To grow old with my family, to watch my children grow happily and their children.

I would like to see a time when "Care of the Soul" becomes as important as Care of the Mind and Care of the Body.

As a worker, we could have more time to provide and share more compassion and care.

That both Consumers and Practitioners (healers) can walk the path, (the journey from darkness & despair) together, respecting and valuing the uniqueness of all divine beings. Compassion & reverence for all life. This is my "DREAM".

To be more perceptive in locating the truth, beauty and wonder of the world every day.

If you enjoyed them - please remind me to post more ...

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Busy day - loads in my InBox -

Sometimes we have fleeting glimpses of the nature of mind. These can be inspired by an exalting piece of music, by the serene happiness we sometimes feel in nature, or by the most ordinary everyday situation. They can arise simply while watching snow slowly drifting down, or seeing the sun rising behind a mountain, or watching a shaft of light falling into a room in a mysteriously moving way. Such moments of illumination, peace, and bliss happen to us all and stay strangely with us.

I think we do, sometimes, half understand these glimpses. But then, modern culture gives us no context or framework in which to comprehend them. Worse still, rather than encouraging us to explore them more deeply and discover where they spring from, we are told in both obvious and subtle ways to shut them out. We know that no one will take us seriously if we try to share them. So we ignore what could be really the most revealing experiences of our lives, if only we understood them. This is perhaps the darkest and most disturbing aspect of modern civilization—its ignorance and repression of who we really are .

Plus this - from glimpse of the day -

Compassion is the best protection; it is also, as the great masters of the past have always known, the source of all healing. Suppose you have a disease such as cancer or AIDS. By taking on the sickness of those suffering like you, in addition to your own pain, with a mind full of compassion, you will—beyond any doubt—purify the past negative karma that is the cause, now and in the future, of the continuation of your suffering.

In Tibet there have been many extraordinary cases of people who, when they heard they were dying of a terminal illness, gave away everything they had and went to the cemetery to die. There they practiced taking on the suffering of others; and what is amazing is that instead of dying, they returned home, fully healed.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from "Glimpse of the day" -

Anyone looking honestly at life will see that we live in a constant state of suspense and ambiguity. Our minds are perpetually shifting in and out of confusion and clarity. If we could be confused all the time, that would at least make for some kind of clarity. What is really baffling about life is that sometimes, despite all our confusion, we can also be really wise!

This constant uncertainty may make everything seem bleak and almost hopeless; but if you look more deeply at it, you will see that its very nature creates “gaps,” spaces in which profound chances and opportunities for transformation are continuously flowering—if, that is, they can be seen and seized.